What Did 3RR Feel Like To YOU?

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:31 am

Originally posted by skipman:
Dont put too much stock in Dyv's eval of Calvin Johnson. He is a Detroit Homer. Regardless of what you think for his fantasy prognostication abiltiy, homer sentiment makes his project of CJ suspect. AGREED. I JUST DON'T THINK THEY ARE GOING TO TAKE MIKE FURREY 98 REC LAST YEAR AND FLUSH THEM DOWN THE TOILET.

mkrucek

Post by mkrucek » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:34 am

Originally posted by UFS:

CJ is going to do just fine and put up 2nd round numbers while improving throughout the season.
[/QB]Did you mean to say wr2 numbers, or do you really mean 2nd round wr numbers?
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:36 am

quote:Originally posted by KOTRAX:
quote:Originally posted by UFS:
quote:Originally posted by Nag':
I was forced to take M.Lynch instead of a top WR or RB, or even Gates, as I would have rec'd last year. Since we don't have access to the draft results yet, I have to ask, WHY & WHO "forced" you to take Lynch. Were there no players there who you project to have a shot at being a top WR? [/QUOTE]A.Green went 3.3 and A.Peterson 3.9, Duece 3.11

Taking a RB 3rd round was the best strategy for this pick. 2rb, 4wr in first 6 was 75 points higher in every mock I did.

I had a choice on Lynch or M.Barber and went for Lynch. Time will tell on that one. I went with more touches. There were no RB I wanted or liked at the 5/6 turn if I would have gone rb/wr/wr/wr and those mocks were all 100 points lower. Taking a QB rd 4 was also 75 points lower. Taking Gates was 125 points lower.

I have the best WR's in the league with TJ, Calvin Johnson, Cotch, Holmes, Welker.

I have the best Flex in the league with Holmes.

I look at a lot of drafts and IMO, many owners took very weak 3RB's instead of a potential 200+ WR at flex and they are going to pay for it come bye week time.
[/QUOTE]IF YOU HAVE THE BEST RECEIVERS IN YOUR LEAGUE WITH THOSE GUYS THEY MUST BE REALLY SPREAD ACROSS THE BOARD. EVERY RECEIVER YOU HAVE IS EITHER THE SECOND OR THIRD OPTION ON THAT TEAM. GRANTED T.J BEING A SECOND IS LIKE A FIRST ON MOST SIMILAR TO REGGIE WAYNE. HOWEVER IF THAT CORE IS THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE THE RECIVERS ARE REALLY SPREAD OUT.
[/QUOTE]They are spread out.

No one has anything close to Cotch/Holmes/Welker at 3-4-5.

Ummmm... TJ was #4 in NFFC last year in PPG, beating Chad out. TJ and Wayne are both in the top 10. Who cares if they are #2 on their team?

Cotch is a solid #2. Many, many after the draft told me they thought Homes would outscore Ward this year. He scored 51 in last 4 games last year.

He had 501 yds 2nd half, Ward 389 while out 2 games.

Welker is going to catch 80-90 with NE. Pt leader last year took him in the 8th....
[/QUOTE]KEY PHRASE WITH WARD VS HOLMES 2 GAMES OUT FOR WARD. YOU HONESTLTY BELIEVE WELKER IS GOING TO CATCH 80 TO 90 BALLS!!! NONE BRADY RECEIVERS HAVE EVER CAUGHT 90 BALLS AND I DON'T THINK WELKER IS GOING TO BE THE FIRST. THAT JUST DOESN'T EVEN SEEM FEASIBLE. REMEMBER I GAVE YOU CREDIT WITH HOUSH BUT THOSE OTHERS BY NO MEANS ARE LOCKS.

jdobies64

Post by jdobies64 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:37 am

UFS, I could not agree with you more about Javon Walker he is terribly overated for this year. It is scary to say but he is SORELY missing the great Jake Plummer. They were a tremendous combo.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:38 am

Originally posted by skipman:
Dont put too much stock in Dyv's eval of Calvin Johnson. He is a Detroit Homer. Regardless of what you think for his fantasy prognostication abiltiy, homer sentiment makes his project of CJ suspect. His projection was higher than mine, but I drafted him on his ability.

Walker is about as inconsistent as any top WR.

Having LT, I want consistency in my WR's. I want 20-25 receptions out of my 4 guys per week.

TJ 6, Cotch 5, CJ 5, Holmes 4-5, Welker 5.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:40 am

Originally posted by 4D:

CJ is going to do just fine and put up 2nd round numbers while improving throughout the season.
Did you mean to say wr2 numbers, or do you really mean 2nd round wr numbers? [/QB][/QUOTE]He will put up late 2nd rd numbers.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:41 am

Originally posted by jdobies64:
UFS, I could not agree with you more about Javon Walker he is terribly overated for this year. It is scary to say but he is SORELY missing the great Jake Plummer. They were a tremendous combo. YOU ARE SPEAKING THE TRUTH ABOUT HIM.

mkrucek

Post by mkrucek » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:48 am

quote:Originally posted by 4D:

Did you mean to say wr2 numbers, or do you really mean 2nd round wr numbers?
[/QUOTE]He will put up late 2nd rd numbers. [/QB][/QUOTE]So easily nffc number 1 wr numbers. Put me down in the slightly skeptical category, please.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:51 am

quote:Originally posted by skipman:
Dont put too much stock in Dyv's eval of Calvin Johnson. He is a Detroit Homer. Regardless of what you think for his fantasy prognostication abiltiy, homer sentiment makes his project of CJ suspect. His projection was higher than mine, but I drafted him on his ability.

Walker is about as inconsistent as any top WR.

Having LT, I want consistency in my WR's. I want 20-25 receptions out of my 4 guys per week.

TJ 6, Cotch 5, CJ 5, Holmes 4-5, Welker 5.
[/QUOTE]WELL CONSISTENCY IS WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THOSE EXPECATIONS ARE REALISTIC GIVE OR TAKE A CATCH HERE AND THERE. HOWEVER AT THE SAME TIME TO SAY 20-25 RECEPTIONS OUT OF FOUR GUYS IS THE BEST RECEIVING CORE YOUR LEAGUE HAS TO OFFER IS SKEPTICAL.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:57 am

I certainly am not a fan of Javon Walker either, but I would NEVER pass on him for MarShawyn Lynch.

You can get a RB two rounds later (Fred Taylor comes to mind) that will put up Lync numbers. He is sharing time with A. Thomas, has a HORRIBLE OL, a brutal schedule, and showed NOTHING during the preseason.

4D, while I like your WR's, it seems you have a #1 (Housh- who I love), and THREE #3's. Holmes should be nice, Cotchery should be solid, but CJ is not a #2 IMO.

4D,

EVERYONE has a hole on their team, and yours appears to be at RB2.

Just my opinion.