Thanks For The Shout Out On The FBG Boards, Gordon

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue May 17, 2005 10:26 am

Originally posted by Nag':
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
That being said, I think even you would have to agree Nag that we're a little more customer service friendly over here and a little more responsive on the boards. Don't kill Gordon over that one because he's not alone in those thoughts about the other event. Greg, if you read that thread, my posts were not a NFFC vs. WCOFF debate whatsoever. The discussion was in reference to WCOFF's customer service ONLY, not as it compared to yours. Gekko and another poster made his comments about the WCOFF. I made mine. It was not a "who's better issue". [/QUOTE]I agree with you Nag. And I would never get involved in a "who's better issue" either. Hell, those guys were the first and they are the biggest and they run a great event. I'd do a few things differently if I were them, but who's to complain about their success? I just agree with Gordon that I do a few things differently that I think makes our customers feel appreciated. We're just trying to run our own first-rate contest in football and baseball and thus far I like the path we're on. We just need to continue getting the word out that our regional concept is economically more feasible and that our payout was over 75 percent last year and will again be 75 percent with a full 350 teams. It's a good, fair payout plan.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue May 17, 2005 10:30 am

Just for good measure, we'll begin our ad campaign on footballguys.com immediately with buttons and banners. We're also producing the footballguys.com Fantasy Football magazine this year, one of nine titles we're currently producing. Each NFFC member will get that either before Draft Day or on Draft Day. Those guys are passionate on there and we hope to reach out to more guys like the guy who started that thread.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Tue May 17, 2005 10:54 am

NP, Greg. I'm just not going to allow anyone misrepresent my words, especially someone like gekko. You and I have spoke on a number of occasions and you know I respect & like the NFFC and what you are doing and if I ever had anything negative to say about it, I would do it here, not on another MB.
For Players. By Players.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue May 17, 2005 11:46 am

NP, Greg. I'm just not going to allow anyone misrepresent my words, especially someone like gekko. You and I have spoke on a number of occasions and you know I respect & like the NFFC and what you are doing and if I ever had anything negative to say about it, I would do it here, not on another MB. nag - my original posts specifically compared the wcoff and nffc. YOU said "Gekko and another poster made his comments about the WCOFF."

ya - i did make comments about the wcoff...in comparison of the events. wcof customer service does suck. you know it, i know it. that is ONE of the reasons i left the wcof. a small reason, but still one of them.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue May 17, 2005 11:48 am

No response from gekko, so allow me:
FBG Thread

gekko's confussion stemmed from the fact that he tried to make this a NFFC vs WCOFF debate, which can always be had. But it was not here, since noone other than gekko was debating. it's funny you mention that. i could start a debate if i wanted. would your so-called "sharks" come out then?

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Tue May 17, 2005 1:56 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
it's funny you mention that. i could start a debate if i wanted. would your so-called "sharks" come out then? My sharks, your sharks. I don't know what you're implying. But I will keep an eye out for you there. Just don't say I didn't warn you.
For Players. By Players.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue May 17, 2005 2:13 pm

quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
it's funny you mention that. i could start a debate if i wanted. would your so-called "sharks" come out then? My sharks, your sharks. I don't know what you're implying. But I will keep an eye out for you there. Just don't say I didn't warn you. [/QUOTE]keeping an eye out for me? i appreciate it. you want two beers in vegas, don't ya?

honestly, i'm really not looking to cause trouble. only answer the bloke's question about the high stakes event.

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Tue May 17, 2005 3:00 pm

Gordon you could answered the question without causing hard feelings. Nag telling someone how to get around a rule that might deal with legal issues for that contest just sucks! Based on that one comment Gordon wins the debate.

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Tue May 17, 2005 3:41 pm

Wow,... I'm missing all the fun !! Been hectic around here...

Here's hoping we can all have a blast! What a life!
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Robert Zarzycki

Post by Robert Zarzycki » Tue May 17, 2005 4:20 pm

I tell you one thing that's very classy about the NFFC -- it allows its members to openly discuss/compliment/criticize the WCOFF and any other competitors on its message boards. Very respectable. -z-
Robert Zarzycki
Author of Drafting To Win & Fantasy Football's Big Six (AuthorHouse.com)