What Did 3RR Feel Like To YOU?

jjsegura78

Post by jjsegura78 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:38 pm

I enjoyed drafting in the 14th hole. I got an unexpected Larry Fitz with the first pick in the 3rd for myself. Not that he shouldn't go that late, but I didn't expect to pair him up with Chad Johnson. I enjoyed 3RR and my team. :D
Projection 2010: Either winning my Classic LV/Chicago Dual League, or making it to the Catalina Wine Mixer.

JJ Segura

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:02 pm

Greg, I had 10 as my 3rd overall KDS preference, and got it. I have to admit, I truly feel that it was the best spot to draft from. I felt that with exception of the 7th round, I was happy with the players available to me in every round. I was expecting Rudi to fall to me at the 10 spot, but wound up with Westbrook, which I had ranked around 8th and didn't expect him to be there. So obviously I jumped on him and started off stronger than I had anticipated.

Each year, these preferences will differ, so it's hard to say what I will prefer next year. It will always be a matter of how many RB's I feel are going to be SOLID fantasy contributers. By taking the last of the top RB's, you then have the best advantage on the way back in rounds 2 AND 3. That's a hard strategy to beat in my opinion if health goes your way.

P.S...With the 10 spot, I don't play against the LT2 owner in week 7. ;)

Marc

[ September 04, 2007, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: Diesel ]
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:27 pm

I was happy @1.13

I'd have been happier with my logical choice of 1.10 (for scheduling purposes)

I set a few on these boards on the right path of going 1.10 and avoiding LT amongst others.

We'll see how it plays out...

Oh, and I also like my WRs:

TO, Plaxico, S. Moss, B. Wade, Demetrius Williams, Brandon Jones
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

jdobies64

Post by jdobies64 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:34 pm

Greg, I was ecstatic how things turned out from the 8th pick (my fourth choice). DEpending on how things shake out, a potential rock solid lineup with Kitna, Parker, Norwood, D Angelo Williams, K. Jones, Owens, Colston, J Porter and Demetrius Williams. Of course has the potential to blow up on me as well!! :--))

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:38 pm

Originally posted by UFS:
quote:Originally posted by KOTRAX:
quote:Originally posted by UFS:
quote:Originally posted by skipman:
Dont put too much stock in Dyv's eval of Calvin Johnson. He is a Detroit Homer. Regardless of what you think for his fantasy prognostication abiltiy, homer sentiment makes his project of CJ suspect. His projection was higher than mine, but I drafted him on his ability.

Walker is about as inconsistent as any top WR.

Having LT, I want consistency in my WR's. I want 20-25 receptions out of my 4 guys per week.

TJ 6, Cotch 5, CJ 5, Holmes 4-5, Welker 5.
[/QUOTE]WELL CONSISTENCY IS WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THOSE EXPECATIONS ARE REALISTIC GIVE OR TAKE A CATCH HERE AND THERE. HOWEVER AT THE SAME TIME TO SAY 20-25 RECEPTIONS OUT OF FOUR GUYS IS THE BEST RECEIVING CORE YOUR LEAGUE HAS TO OFFER IS SKEPTICAL.
[/QUOTE]Show me more from your league.

5 catches per game = 80 for the year.

Show me a team in your league that has 4 of those?

Welker had 67 with MIA last year. he will get 80 easily this year. Perfect bye week WR IMO.

TJ had 90 in 14 games last yr.

95-100 this year.

CJ with 70-80

Holmes with 70.

Cotch with 85.

Welker with 80.

That's 320 min, about 20 per week.

Teams 4,7,12,13 are all there with me at 300-320 in LV1.
[/QUOTE]UFS,

I like your receivers but I wouldn't trade you even for my wideouts.

Harrison
Johnson
Berrian
Curtis
Wade

I would take Harrison over TJ, Johnson over CJ, Berrian over Cotchery, and Curtis over Holmes. Everybody's cheat sheets are different but to me it seems like a good group but not a great group of receivers.

Wayne

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:44 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:

I would take Harrison over TJ, Johnson over CJ, Berrian over Cotchery, and Curtis over Holmes. Everybody's cheat sheets are different but to me it seems like a good group but not a great group of receivers.

Wayne Yeah, yours are better, but I like Rivers and Roeth over your QB's and LT over Westy...
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:12 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
quote:Originally posted by KOTRAX:
quote:Originally posted by skipman:
Dont put too much stock in Dyv's eval of Calvin Johnson. He is a Detroit Homer. Regardless of what you think for his fantasy prognostication abiltiy, homer sentiment makes his project of CJ suspect. His projection was higher than mine, but I drafted him on his ability.

Walker is about as inconsistent as any top WR.

Having LT, I want consistency in my WR's. I want 20-25 receptions out of my 4 guys per week.

TJ 6, Cotch 5, CJ 5, Holmes 4-5, Welker 5.
[/QUOTE]WELL CONSISTENCY IS WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THOSE EXPECATIONS ARE REALISTIC GIVE OR TAKE A CATCH HERE AND THERE. HOWEVER AT THE SAME TIME TO SAY 20-25 RECEPTIONS OUT OF FOUR GUYS IS THE BEST RECEIVING CORE YOUR LEAGUE HAS TO OFFER IS SKEPTICAL.
[/QUOTE]Show me more from your league.

5 catches per game = 80 for the year.

Show me a team in your league that has 4 of those?

Welker had 67 with MIA last year. he will get 80 easily this year. Perfect bye week WR IMO.

TJ had 90 in 14 games last yr.

95-100 this year.

CJ with 70-80

Holmes with 70.

Cotch with 85.

Welker with 80.

That's 320 min, about 20 per week.

Teams 4,7,12,13 are all there with me at 300-320 in LV1.
[/QUOTE]UFS,

I like your receivers but I wouldn't trade you even for my wideouts.

Harrison
Johnson
Berrian
Curtis
Wade

Wayne
[/QUOTE]There is no WR "Johnson" worthy of simply "Johnson"...their first names make it much easier..."Chad", "Andre". :D

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:26 pm

Originally posted by UFS:
quote:Originally posted by Coltsfan:

Wayne Yeah, yours are better, but I like Rivers and Roeth over your QB's and LT over Westy...
[/QUOTE]No Question! :D I will trade RB's if you want!!!

Lance,

I didn't think that Bethel Johnson needed a first name... ;)

Wayne

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:32 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
It's funny, one of our veteran NFFC members drafted from the 1 spot and the 13 spot in separate events this weekend. He said he liked the back end best of all and would probably favor that next year. I thought it was an interesting observation. Any further thoughts from the crowd? From the day you announced 3RR, I have preferred the back end. I did two Satellites and had spots 11 and 12, and 12 in the main. To me, the RB still available in round 1 and the WR's available in round 3 made all the difference in where I wanted to be.