Let's Try To Fix the Big Boston Classic Draft Mixup

GOD Hates You

Post by GOD Hates You » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:29 pm

It seems that the rule is in place for a situation like this. Draft by ADP and secondly make sure a legal lineup can be submitted on game day. Those appear to be the guidelines that the facilitators followed. You can not give a facilitator or any one else the power to override the ADP(system in place) because that opens up bigger problems regarding injured players and when they are deemed "out for the year" or out for "4-6 weeks. I just read on Rotoworld that Dumerville was placed on the I.R. We knew he was out for the year weeks ago but maybe he was just placed on it by the team. There are too many instances where something like that can happen. Meaning players not officially placed on the I.R. in a timely fashion.
I believe Fanball will take a look at this process and possibly change it in the future. I think it will be played out as is, unfortunately. I don't think you can open up free agency for 1 team in a case like this.
As a possible future solution, there should probably be a standby player or players to draft for the absent owner.
What would happen if someone missed the main event live draft? Imagine the irate 100 other owners in the Bellagio ballroom when they glanced over at the draft board and saw that team being drafted.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:34 pm

Wow Sebadiah, why don't you tell me how you really feel? :D Your FAAB point is valid, and if you weren't such an ass, you might've thought to offer it in the same attempted friendly spirit that I took the time to write in my original post. Is one less opponent on FAAB really that big a deal? I don't know.

And you can STUFF your suggestions as to proofreading my posts! :mad: I made some general comments about my surmising that most people in this league probably didn't mind the "gift" they got. Maybe I'm wrong. But I HAVE spoken to someone in this league.

I've met enough people in the NFFC that I think would vouch for me not being a clueless fool or a terrible person. I was sincerely trying to help fix a situation that doesn't seem ideal for most of us. I can really care less what a baffoon like you thinks of me personally though. But I do hope to be in one of YOUR leagues someday... please please please. :D

[ September 05, 2010, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

Sebadiah23

Post by Sebadiah23 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:38 pm

I've spoken to someone in the league too. Losing a team that would aggressively grab any good receiver with a pulse is huge. Man you are really a dope.
-Durant/GWallace/Millsap/Ibaka ride it
http://kielinski.blogspot.com/

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:42 pm

Let me help you, Seb, seeing you obviously were never taught any manners. ;)

"Hey Sandman, thanks for taking the time to bring this up and offer some ideas. It may not be as big a problem as you think, but let's see what the board thinks. But did you consider the effect on the FAAB process? ..."

You're a real piece of work buddy. No charge for the free advice. Crawl back under your rock. :rolleyes:

Sebadiah23

Post by Sebadiah23 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:44 pm

Go ahead and keep changing your posts. Anything different would be an improvement.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:48 pm

I'm done w/ you man. I'll be back to see what others think. In the end, I'm not worried. Our teams are STRONG! :D

Sebadiah23

Post by Sebadiah23 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:48 pm

You flooded up the board with distracting nonsense. Being friendly wasn't the objective.

Good luck to Greg and Tom handling this mishap. I trust and value your opinions as always.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:29 pm

fellows , i think patrick and shawn are correct. this will not change anything for the grand prize of 100k. it is mainly a league problem. some owners will play this team at full strenth at one point and others will get a free win. yes the team might score 190 points against him the first week but they could score 70 and still win. the biggest problem was how in the world can you not have a cell number for a call in guy. also todd ( who ran the draft )said he had spoken to tom and greg which is not true as i came to find out. when i told him to throw out the ir guys on the list he flat out said NO.

again i think this does not really change the overall winner as much as the balance of the league.

[ September 05, 2010, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: THE_BLACKHAND ]
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Jim Wiseheart

Post by Jim Wiseheart » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:43 pm

I'm not involved in the main event, but IMO the best way to make this better would be to:

1. Drop the IR players before week one and replace with the next available free agent with the same position based on the ADP list that was used to draft the team (to be consistent with the decision to use ADP). Keep Rice, VJax and any other suspended or injured players not on IR.

2. Find a reliable owner (or original owner if Greg believes he is reliable) to manage the team for the year who will correct the rest of the roster problems in the first free agent bidding.

3. Address this in the rules for next year. Preferrably have some reputable standby owners willing to draft and manage the team if necessary.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:49 pm

Originally posted by FF Addict:
I'm not involved in the main event, but IMO the best way to make this better would be to:

1. Drop the IR players before week one and replace with the next available free agent with the same position based on the ADP list that was used to draft the team (to be consistent with the decision to use ADP). Keep Rice, VJax and any other suspended or injured players not on IR.

2. Find a reliable owner (or original owner if Greg believes he is reliable) to manage the team for the year who will correct the rest of the roster problems in the first free agent bidding.

3. Address this in the rules for next year. Preferrably have some reputable standby owners willing to draft and manage the team if necessary. ahhhhh. common sense. thank god.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN