National Auction Competition

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:07 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Captain Hook:
Greg, what about my original idea:
1) Leave all existing auction leagues as they are now;
2) Anyone entering those leagues can choose to pay an additional $XXX for their team to compete simultaneously in the National Auction Championship;
3) Any team entered in the premium portion can qualify by being the top H2H record or total points leader in Their individual league;
4) Those N# teams play against each other in Weeks 14-16 (pretty sure STATS can just set up an extra page but NOT necessary as we have full access to all the scores and can post here) - in addition, I will run a separate email review each week for all those playoff teams.
NO extra work for Krausers. Yeah, that is a good idea. I'd have to get STATS to create an overall ranking among the auction leagues and then keep track of those who wanted to compete for the overall title and additional prize money. It's worth considering.
[/QUOTE]I wish it was for this year!!

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:35 am

if everyone started lobbying NOW, I BET YOU COULD GET ALL THE AUCTION TEAMS IN BOTH THE NFFC AND THE WCOFF TO TAKE PART IN SOMETHING LIKE THIS WHICH WOULD PROBABLY BE ENOUGH. IM ALL FOR IT ..

im not all for 14 team leagues though. i think the 12 team format for auction is better.. just my opinion though.

fantasy auctioneer tried to doa high stakes auction league THIS YEAR, they did it too late, but it was a good idea. i think one of these leagues NFFC or WCOFF should buy that site (the high stakes league site from auctioneer and run the league)
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:36 am

Hey guys, and Greg, i only told everyone to do this before the year started.. i have a post on it..lol. nobody had interest, you have to at least give some credit for the top auction team.. evena trophy..lol

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:49 pm

Originally posted by weber:
im not all for 14 team leagues though. i think the 12 team format for auction is better.. just my opinion though.
Weber,

Out of curiousity, why do you feel the 12 team auction is better?

Aside from the obvious that it is easier (as a 10 teamer would be easier than a 12 and so on! :D )

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:59 pm

it's the more standard format, allows for more strategy during the season in terms of free agents, and blind bidding, 9 out of every 10 leagues out there high stakes are 12 team leagues, i honestly could care less if it's 14 or 12, but the majority of people who play fantasy football out there are used to 12 team leagues and it's not easier, if everyone is on the same level playing field the skill level remains the same.. that was a ridiculous statement. Your wrong, there may be more players available but you still have to pick the right mix, you still have to budget correctly, there are going to be players left out there, thats the skill part.. it's just different.. i like both to be honest, i prefer the 12, but if they could get it going i don't care if it's 100 teams per league.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:11 pm

OK, fair enough Weber. However, I honestly don't believe you were "tickled" with your first auction experience in the NFFC (14 teams) after pretty much saying you could beat anyone in an auction format.

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:26 pm

Originally posted by weber:
it's the more standard format, 9 out of every 10 leagues out there high stakes are 12 team leagues, And over 50% of marriages end in divorce....does it make the majority in the right?

The NFFC is the best because of Tom & Greg's commitment to "think outside the box" and go against the norm. Why be a conformist when you can be the best??

I said it before and I'll say it again, I joined the NFFC due to the 14 team format. The 12 teamers are a joke and I will stick by this comment forever. Please refrain from the ridicule/comments about this because I've already heard them a million times.

Why do you think all the so-called "experts" play in the ***** but are afraid to play in the NFFC?? Besides the prize money, IMO the 14 team format is to hard for them. They are still stuck in the..."ya gotta get at least 2 RB's in the first 3 rounds" mentality.

I'm sure Tom/Greg could answer....how many of the industry experts played one year and one year only in the NFFC? I know of a few off the top of my head...they performed badly and didn't come back...yet they keep playing in all the 12 team formats. Why??

BTW, I love the idea of a NAC!
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL