NFFC Draft Spots Will Now Be Revealed!!

Mankind

Post by Mankind » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:09 pm

Got the #13 preference in Classic and 12 preference in Primetime WTF... :(

Soupdog

Post by Soupdog » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:13 pm

Got the #13 preference in Classic and 12 preference in Primetime WTF...

Ya, the odds of that have to be off the charts!!!!!!

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:28 pm

Originally posted by Mankind:
Got the #13 preference in Classic and 12 preference in Primetime WTF... :( Look at it as a blessing. Your KDS may have been way off anyway.

Glenn

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:03 pm

Every spot is a winner!

Your job is simply placing the right players there. ;)
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Sabretooth

Post by Sabretooth » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:20 pm

i got spot 14 in the classic and 12 in the primetime. Basiclly the same spot. It makes it easy! And that was my 2nd choice in each league.
Lucky me I guess. Or maybe everybody else knows something I don't...LOL

eliasond

Post by eliasond » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:31 pm

Here's a coincidence for you -- Bill and I drew the same League # (#4) and the 11th spot in BOTH the Classic and the Primetime in Las Vegas... it wasn't our first choice for spot in either league but it was near the top of our list, so we're happy.
Daren E
NFFC Charter Member
3-Time Las Vegas Auction League Champion (2004,2009,2015)
2-time Live Las Vegas Classic League Champion

renman

Post by renman » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:43 am

The "choosing" of spots really only gives us "perceived" control over results. It results in a large number of players starting the season with a positive experience because most people (obviously not all) end up with a draft position they prefered.

It still comes down to chosing the right players and once games kickoff in a couple weeks all the projections, opinions, adp's, etc will mean very little...

Soupdog

Post by Soupdog » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:42 am

Originally posted by FI$HER:
Every spot is a winner!

Your job is simply placing the right players there. ;) It's not really about whetehr you can win from any spot, but I would love to know the odds of actually getting your #12 preferred KDS spot out of 12 possible. Math majors, chime in here. I know getting picked last is 1 in 12, but what are the odds that if you get picked 12th, that the only spot left happens to be the spot you want the least? Don't think you can put math odds on that unless you can accurately put percentages on how many people preferred each KDS spot. That would have to factor into the equation. I would guess the odds at way over 100 to 1.

Actually I would bet the guys running this could easily tell us how many got their last KDS choice. That would give us the results but I would be curious if the actual results here would come anywhere near the predicted results.

What is really weird for me is that yesterday morning, my "My teams" page showed that I got pick #2 (my 5th KDS choice) which I reported since I thought results weren't out yet. Then they took the #2 pick off my page. Then later that night I find out I'm pick 6 which is my 12th KDS choice. Maybe I got punished for pointing out my pick was on My Team page early?

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:12 am

that math is a little off considering 6 was the last choice for a lot of people. i haven't looked at what other people have been submitting for kds, but i would guess the vast majority chose 6 or 7 meaning whoever was the last name drawn in each league was likely to end up in one of those slightly less desirable spots.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:44 am

Originally posted by Soupdog:
I wish someone could explain how I got my #12 choice in Primetime? How could it possibly be that even if I was the very last name picked, the only draft spot left was my last preference. Very ironic. I have all of the KDS preferences and random slots for every league and have no problem showing that to everyone after the drafts. This year it sure appears that a certain middle spot is the last preference for most owners and it happens that if you are pulled last you are left with that draft spot that nobody else wanted. We videotaped the Ultimate and Supers and some folks got their 13th preference, which of course was pick 7. It's where most folks don't want to draft this year.

KDS worked very well for a lot of people this year. But those folks who were picked last or second to last may have gotten an undesired draft slot because everyone seems to be shying away from the same area of the draft.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius