2009 NFFC Plans...For Now!

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:43 pm

1. First on the 3rd team getting in automatically? Greg, im just curious here? you still are not rewarding the best teams to get in championship round. Why are u guys making it complicated. the simpler the better. just my opinion. At the end of 13 weeks, simply take top 66 teams from all leagues in total points. those teams make championship round playoffs. those are the best teams. period. end of story, nobody can cry nobody can argue their team was better at the end of 13 weeks.

As for individual leagues: take team w/ best record, then top points, then best record then top points. those 4 teams duke it out for league championship (reward top 3), you can also reward best record and top points after 13 weeks in each ind league with a prize for that accomplishment.

To me that is pure. That is simple. Teams who win head to head shouldn't get automatic bid in the league. I love head to head and it's great for the ind leagues but not championship round.

TO me thats the biggest issue i have.

Also, i'd like to see an auction league tournament from all the auction teams out there regardless of the league they are in, just have everyone who wants chance pay extra vig to be eligible at the end of regular season. Again just take top teams point wise after 13 weeks for that part of the tournament and keep same playoff format you have w/ 6 teams qualifying for ind leagues.

Finally, WCOFF just announced a keeper league format. I hope you can do this so i don't have to do keeper league over there... i think we can find 12 or 14 guys to do a keeper league.. i'd like auction (it's easier to work out keepers with auction)..
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:47 pm

Originally posted by Sound Advice:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
I for one am HIGHLY against adding a guaranteed 3rd team to the playoffs...I am against that also.
The 3rd team that gets in should be the team with the second best record anyway. Not some team that had 2 good weeks and outscore him by 10 points, but lose 4 or 5 more games.
Do you really want to have that argument again?
6-7 or 5-8 teams do not belong in the playoffs.
"Playoffs" is an old Yiddish term that means "some teams are already out of it cause they blew chunks."
There is a very nice bracket for 5-8 teams.

NBC: I think moving the all-play weeks to bye weeks would (How do I put this nicely and with utmost respect?) be for the frickin' birds.

I'd keep the waivers the same as they were.
I'd rather them run at 5 like the year before last so I am free Friday nights.

I'd just remember that if God himself decides they ain't playin' in Houston, then they ain't playin' in Houston.
No special FA periods need to be created.
Dude, that's why they call him God.

Everything else sounds OK.
[/QUOTE]guy, how can you make an argument that a team with a better record deserves a playoff spot over a team with a lesser record but more points in fantasy football???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

head to head is pure luck (it's fun,) but it's all about how the schedule falls but it's luck. if you want to reward best teams it has to be total points.. or use the victory point format to reward a win and top points in half the league for that week, but to say a team w/ a better record deserves a playoff spot over a team with more points is simply a horrific and bad argument.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:18 pm

Originally posted by weber:
Finally, WCOFF just announced a keeper league format. I hope you can do this so i don't have to do keeper league over there... i think we can find 12 or 14 guys to do a keeper league.. i'd like auction (it's easier to work out keepers with auction).. KJ Duke ran a keeper league in baseball for us last year and we need to get STATS to tweak the site slightly to make that perfect. If we get that Keeper League site down to a T for baseball, we'll offer one in football if Kevin or someone else wants to take the lead. He has a nice format and we obviously have enough dedicated owners to make this work each year. In baseball, all 15 owners came back this year, which obviously tells you that he did a great job with the setup and the keeper format.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:20 pm

Originally posted by GK:
1) come mid-August, 2009 IF the economy is markedly better than it currently is those projections/numbers/payouts can be adjusted UP...

2) come mid-August, 2009 IF the economy is markedly worse than it currently is those projections/numbers/payouts can be adjusted DOWN...

3) SNAKE agrees that there should certainly be a blueprint in place now but that much here will be determined by the participation levels which in turn will be determined ultimately by the state of the economy come the next seven months...

...SNAKE You can not go down on your guaranteed payouts unless you refund all signups and ask your players to agree to the new payout structure. That's why it's important for me to guarantee the right prize structure and give back more if we get above my projected goals.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:34 pm

thanks.

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:53 pm

Snake i understand and respect your point, but truth be told the NFFC is in a battle right now with the other leagues.. if they want to survive and add others to this league, they have to conform a bit to what everyone outside the NFFC is used to.. thats my point..

i'll always play the NFFC ownership is best bar none, but i think the outside world just doesn't like the 14 team format that much and wants it to be fair to wiin the money..

im kinda surprised howthe WCOFF has lasted with their poor playoff format over the years.. it's mind boggling..

the nffc is better i will say that, but i think there is room for improvement.. Greg and Tom will cater to the masses im sure.. im going through withdrawal right now..

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:24 pm

When is NBC going to dive under the water and commit here. How about ponying up some cash to grow this thing.

Right now it seems they want to hang around the pool in case some cute girl shows up but they're not getting wet til then. Am I wrong about this?

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Greg,

I like your ideas a lot! If I'm understanding this right, you're not saying that there won't be a $100,000 prize - your just saying you are only going to guarantee $75,000. But if enough people sign up then the grand prize increases - correct? If that's the case then that's more than fair. Ultimately we will decide how much the grand prize is by how many of us sign up.

I was not going to play the NBC this year but I will for sure with the entry being $750. I"m fine with 2 teams making the championship round but 3 will work also.

I would like to see an online championship this year. Keep the overall grand prize small but this should help fill up many more satellites.

I would also like an overall auction championship. Once again, keep the grand prize small but it will add a lot of fun to the auctions leagues.

Do away with the $1,000,000. Ultimately we are all paying for it and I would rather keep the payouts in the leagues high.

I think you have made a lot of great suggestions! I'm looking forward to 09!

Wayne

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:44 pm

I agree with the NBC discussion. What are they actually bringing to the table?

At the very least you would think they would give the paid participants access to their premium website info? Or a t-shirt or a pen or something? You would think they would spend a little to try and make a little more. Then again, we have no idea what the agreement is with NBC Sports but from a players point of view, they have done NOTHING to improve the quality of the event.

I do not know why they don't target their host cities at the very least. Why not cover the draft? Why not interview local players to build some interest before the draft?

You would also think they could throw in 25K to keep the main prize guaranteed at 100K?
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King