2009 NFFC Plans...For Now!

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:33 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Okay, here's a suggestion from one of our valued NFFC players: If we increased the NFFC Classic $100 per team to $1,400, we could keep the grand prize at $100,000. I could probably still do $2,000 for both events if owners signed up before a certain date to help the cause.

So we'd have $1,400 per team in the NFFC Classic, $750 per team in the NFFC Primetime and $2,000 for both main events. Just a thought for now. I'd have to run the numbers to see how this looks, but it's a possible solution to what I've offered initially.

And it does make sense to put the NFFC Primetime first and NFFC Classic second. We'll consider that for 2009. Maybe we can still keep this doubleheader at desired levels after all. I would agree to the extra $100.

Greg seriously...what about NBC? Inquiring minds want to know. :D

If you're sitting on something for the time being..we understand!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:47 pm

Okay, here's a suggestion from one of our valued NFFC players: If we increased the NFFC Classic $100 per team to $1,400, we could keep the grand prize at $100,000. I could probably still do $2,000 for both events if owners signed up before a certain date to help the cause.

So we'd have $1,400 per team in the NFFC Classic, $750 per team in the NFFC Primetime and $2,000 for both main events. Just a thought for now. I'd have to run the numbers to see how this looks, but it's a possible solution to what I've offered initially.

And it does make sense to put the NFFC Primetime first and NFFC Classic second. We'll consider that for 2009. Maybe we can still keep this doubleheader at desired levels after all. Greg,

If you can do this (keep the 100K) and still have it both events for $2,000 that would be a HUGE improvement!

Also, love the idea of the NBC 12 teamer first followed by the NFFC 14 teamer.

The 14 has always been the "varsity" event, and the JV (12 teamer) should be playing first! ;)

Liking the possible improvements! :D

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:15 pm

Originally posted by Diesel:
For all of you Auction players out there, that maybe missed Greg's agreement on this.

An optional $50 per auction team can get you an entry into the "online championship bonus potential".

It's NOT mandatory, and even if only 4 of us do it, count me in for next year. I say, the winner is the team with the most starting points through 16 weeks. I agree, but to clarify, you should take avg through 13 weeks (if you paid the 50 vig) you then start from 14 thru 16 and team that scores most wins the auction championship. Your eligible if you paid the 50 bucks. give money and trophy.
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

hammer

Post by hammer » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:46 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

And it does make sense to put the NFFC Primetime first and NFFC Classic second. We'll consider that for 2009. Maybe we can still keep this doubleheader at desired levels after all. Greg,

If you can do this (keep the 100K) and still have it both events for $2,000 that would be a HUGE improvement!

Also, love the idea of the NBC 12 teamer first followed by the NFFC 14 teamer.

The 14 has always been the "varsity" event, and the JV (12 teamer) should be playing first! ;)

Liking the possible improvements! :D
[/QUOTE]This is a very good idea... I'm for this

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:22 pm

Originally posted by Route C:

And it does make sense to put the NFFC Primetime first and NFFC Classic second. We'll consider that for 2009. Maybe we can still keep this doubleheader at desired levels after all. I would agree to the extra $100.

[/QUOTE]I will take any fault for not making this promotional partnership work better than it did in 2008 and just ask that everyone trust me and NBC Sports on this
going forward. We are working together now on baseball and hope to have better success in football. It's my job to make this work and that's all I'll say for now.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:23 pm

I don't have any answers or bright ideas because unfortunately the bad economy is a bad economy and will put a beating on high stakes events just like it is small businesses, big businesses, Las Vegas and everyone. The 14 team event while unique and inviting to the diehard player, I think in the end will hurt because the average Joe looking at playing for the grand prize is not comfortable with anything other then the 12 team event. Using the 14 team event is not going to grow your business in these times. I think you can have a grand prize that is less then WCOFF and still make it this tantalizing. Make it $1,500 entry fee for a 14 team league. Make the league prizes the big deal with a chance to beat 13 others and win 10,000 then have a chance to beat the top 2 or 3 others for an additional 25,000 or something like that. Make league prizes 10, 5 and 3k and give people a chance to get a return on the league first and then go for a nicer chunk of change for beating the rest in a playoff round. Right now you pay 2,000 in WCOFF and only win money if you win your league and then have to be #1 of 100+ teams to win the grand prize. Odds are slim, but give me a chance to turn 1500 into 10K and I am in so fast you will see my head spin. I know I am probably in the minority, but in trying times, I would think most people are looking for a better return on investment rather then a lottery shot at the big prize. I truly think if you advertised $10,000 league prizes you could get 30+ leagues easily! As is now, with less of a carrot at the end and no increase in league prizes I can say Mike and I will probably be on the outside looking in and I hate to say that. Not trying to a downer, but being brutally honest at times like this is the best for us all in my opinion.
I appreciate all you guys do and you run a class event and I hope you can find that way to grow the business, but at this time in our economy I can't see it happening, especially with a lower prize structure.

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:25 pm

And let me add, pay out #1 overall a cash prize and then offer the next 4 or 9 guys free entries. The 10K for a league prize would be more then they would win anyway unless they finish 1 or 2 as is now.

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:44 pm

quote:Originally posted by Route C:

[/QUOTE]I will take any fault for not making this promotional partnership work better than it did in 2008 and just ask that everyone trust me and NBC Sports on this
going forward. We are working together now on baseball and hope to have better success in football. It's my job to make this work and that's all I'll say for now.
[/QUOTE]By the way as I am on my soap box, I hope you are successful in making this partnership work, but in 3 huge markets, Vegas, New York and Chicago it is impossible to fathom that NBC wouldn't be jumping at the chance to make this huge!! They should be at each event covering every second and having shows on air with celebrities talking about it AND there is zero reason they couldn't match what you offer as a grand prize to make this more appealing and help it grow. I would never partner in business with someone and sit idly by and watch it fail or lose business. Use there buying power to make this a success! Ok, I think I am done. Talk amongst yourselves....

wayne123

Post by wayne123 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:58 pm

Greg,

Thanks for the opportunity to pitch our two cents!

1. I love the 3 teams from each league make the chase idea!

2. 2K for two events....I am undecided about this. 2K is my limit and that has to include airfare and hotel. Maybe I can save a little money at the tables!

3. I would like to see two free agent periods each week. Wednesday and Friday. These days are part of the fun and it would really make all of us consider our drops on Wednesday...that guy could be playing against you on Sunday if picked up on Friday.

4. I like the added option of an overall auction league contest winner for the optional cost of $50. Couldn't this concept be applied to the other satallite leagues as well? A surcharge could be added as a sidepot for those who want to chase a bigger payoff.

Cheers!
I AM BLUE_FOOT.