2009 NFFC Plans...For Now!

Sound Advice

Post by Sound Advice » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:39 am

Originally posted by weber:
guy, how can you make an argument that a team with a better record deserves a playoff spot over a team with a lesser record but more points in fantasy football?????????????????????????????Simple really.
If one team is 8-5 and scored 1000 points
and another is 7-6 and scored 1020 points,
then they are close.
If one team is 10-3 and scored 1000 points
and another is 4-9 and scored 1001 points,
the 10-3 team is obviously better.
You have to be good all year and that takes skill.
You have to win the byes weeks and that takes skill.
You have to work the waivers to the max, and that takes skill.

Just to be clear here.
My argument is NOT to add a third team by points until you add another by record.
Or don't add a third team at all.

As it is, you have half the teams in because of record, and half points.
PLUS you have the 10% rule to add more points teams.
Can we possibly squeeze a few more in?

Weber - If this was a points only league, there would be 60 teams.

TOMDOG

Post by TOMDOG » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:16 am

Thank you Greg for keeping your players in the loop so much.Even when i dont get my way in things(talkng life in general)it always helps to be included in the conversation.
My 2 cents.

#1.I would love to see the top prize 100 grand,and think it is important to keep it there.

#2.Third team in is great,i just dont see a negative to it,and i just totally disagree with the arguments against it.However,pleasepleaseplease,always keep the top 10% get an automatic bid rule in effect,in my mind,that assures top teams a shot,regardless of h2h.

#3.I am in favor of 1FAAB period a week until the thursday games start,and then 2 a week till end of FAAB period.

#4.What you did this past season in week 2 was correct,imo,no need to add a rule there,let an act of god be an act of god,we know the rules going in and should draft accordingly.

Thanks for listening.

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:34 am

Originally posted by Sound Advice:
quote:Originally posted by weber:
guy, how can you make an argument that a team with a better record deserves a playoff spot over a team with a lesser record but more points in fantasy football?????????????????????????????Simple really.
then they are close.

Just to be clear here.
My argument is NOT to add a third team by points until you add another by record.

Weber - If this was a points only league, there would be 60 teams. [/QUOTE]- the team that won by one point is a better squad, not the team that has 10 wins.. they only had 10 wins because their schedule dictated better matchups.. i guarantee if you had all play throughout that example the 4 win team would be better then the 10 win team..... thats pure math.. do the math.! your argument looks good but doesn't hold water.
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:35 am

Furthermore, when it pertains to the big dance championship it should be BASED ONLY ON TOTAL POINTS TO GET IN!

- for each ind league, i can see rewarding head to head to keep the crowd's interested even though it's really a fictitious account of who is better.
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:55 am

Originally posted by weber:
quote:Originally posted by Sound Advice:
quote:Originally posted by weber:
then they are close.

Just to be clear here.

Weber - If this was a points only league, there would be 60 teams. [/QUOTE]- the team that won by one point is a better squad, not the team that has 10 wins.. they only had 10 wins because their schedule dictated better matchups.. i guarantee if you had all play throughout that example the 4 win team would be better then the 10 win team..... thats pure math.. do the math.! your argument looks good but doesn't hold water.
[/QUOTE]Thats not actually true Mike. If the team with 10 wins scored the same every week and the team with 4 wins had 2 huge weeks and some very poor weeks the team with 10 wins could easily have been better in an all play format. You cant just see team with 4 wins has 1 more point and assume they would've been better in all play.

da bears

Post by da bears » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:00 am

I also would like to see the grand prize stay at $100,000 for the 14-teamer and would be willing to chip an extra $100 to make it happen.

I also love the idea of doing both contests for $2,000. But whatever you decide Greg is fine with me because I'll be doing both contests no matter what happens!

[ January 22, 2009, 10:01 AM: Message edited by: da bears ]
Bauler Shot Caller

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:04 am

Don't forget that we pay $100 for referrals for our main events. So if you bring in someone for either the Primetime or Classic, you've just made back the extra $100 we could charge for the Primetime event. Bring in more than one and you've made a profit.

Pretty sweet.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich