Week 4 Pickups

rkulaski

Week 4 Pickups

Post by rkulaski » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:14 am

Originally posted by Renman:
I was surprised not to see more bidding on Patrick Crayton. Plays in a prolific offense with an explosive QB right behind 2 WR's who are injury prone and currently dinged up. Add to that the stud TE who is a target siphon being out and I could certainly see Crayton emerge as a legit producer for periods of time during this season.

I also agree with cocktails and dreams in that how valuable a player is will dramatically change from team to team. I didn't even big on Torrey Smith because I am pretty strong at WR. But if I wasn't or I was a Britt owner or a Miles Austin owner I might very well have rolled the dice on him. Glenneration x's logic made perfect sense to me. Renman and I actually agree this time :D

I got Crayton in 3 leagues last week. With Gates very iffy for the rest of the year, I think Crayton could possibly see more targets than Floyd (if Floyd can even stay healthy himself). In the SD offense, I think Crayton could be good for 8-12 pts per week with the occasional bigger game.

I didn't even bid on T Smith but, if I was in a bind at WR, I'd take a shot too. However, gut feeling is I'd rather have V Cruz or Crayton imho.

particra

Week 4 Pickups

Post by particra » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:23 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
If we knew someone was going to break out then the bids would be 980+. It's all pretty much a crap shoot. I'd almost rather go with an unknown commodity like him than who has consistently disappointed.

I do agree completely with Chad. Reasonable depends on your situation.

Wayne This. FAAB on this week's hot new WR is all semi-educated guessing. The rest is just message board masturbating.

Sandman62

Week 4 Pickups

Post by Sandman62 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:35 am

And can't the same be said for drafts too? :rolleyes:

Chi_Town_FEW

Week 4 Pickups

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:20 pm

Totally agree with a teams needs. I paid way to much for Painter this week, I dont even think there was a second bid. But my situation is Ryan is my starter and getting about 5 to 6 points a game less than I thought and taking a Cutler beating every week and Bradford is my second. God forbid I have to ever start Painter but guys like Campbell, Orton, Alex Smith, Tavarius Jackson, and Dalton all have more points than Bradford so far. Will that last, I dont think so but Painters wrs are a hell of a lot better than Bradfords. I started bidding 21 and by the time Friday night rolled around I bumped it up three times and settled on 121. If Painter plays well he will be going for twice that next week. One thing I learned over the last few years is if you want someone get him. He is not coming back. You also cant take your FAAB money with you at the end. Anyway, it all depends on the team needs.

Eddiejag

Week 4 Pickups

Post by Eddiejag » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:06 am

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Eddiejag:
IN one of my big leagues we bid just over 300 hundred for Torey Smith and that league we have Lee Evans.In the other leagues we bid just bout 100 dollars and needless to say didnt get him anywhere.
Steve Slaton was my big pickup in three of the four high stakes event.With the rookie out and Bush sucking thought that might be something.
Laurent Robinson is another guy i like and think he will evanually be the third reciver passing Ogletree. I like Slaton as well, Eddie.

Not sure about the love for Laurent. Austin AND Bryant will be back at full strength in week 6, Witten is a target hog, and Felix is as well.

Paying anything more than $30-40 for Laurent looking like the 5th option.....at best) seems like a waste of money. Oh yea.....he will most likely be hurt some time soon as well.

That being said, he wasn't a bad one week option. ;)
[/QUOTE]Didnt think many would be bidding on Laurent so just bid 10 buck's.This week with Austin out and Dez hurt Laurent could be a sleeper.
[/QUOTE]Laurent Robinson starting today for Dallas, BANG!!!!!! Play him if you can. :D
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Glenneration X

Week 4 Pickups

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:20 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
I also agree on TSmith. As Glenn pointed out, he could end up a DeSean-like player - every few games he puts up numbers, but he could get you 5 PPG the other 75% of the time.

Give me the target hogs over the boom or bust types anytime. We prefer high floors over high ceilings for WR3 and flex players. I wouldn't be surprised if David Nelson and Eric Decker are this year's version of Stevie Johnson and Brandon Lloyd. We have Nelson on 6 teams and Decker on 3 (of our 9). And as my son/co-manager pointed out, how ironic that they're both the next man up on the very same teams whose QBs produced top-10 breakout waiver wire wonders last year AND the guys in front of them are already nursing nagging injuries! Mike, I see what you mean by Nelson's high floor.

BillyWaz

Week 4 Pickups

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:29 am

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
IN one of my big leagues we bid just over 300 hundred for Torey Smith and that league we have Lee Evans.In the other leagues we bid just bout 100 dollars and needless to say didnt get him anywhere.
Steve Slaton was my big pickup in three of the four high stakes event.With the rookie out and Bush sucking thought that might be something.
Laurent Robinson is another guy i like and think he will evanually be the third reciver passing Ogletree. I like Slaton as well, Eddie.

Not sure about the love for Laurent. Austin AND Bryant will be back at full strength in week 6, Witten is a target hog, and Felix is as well.

Paying anything more than $30-40 for Laurent looking like the 5th option.....at best) seems like a waste of money. Oh yea.....he will most likely be hurt some time soon as well.

That being said, he wasn't a bad one week option. ;)
[/QUOTE]Didnt think many would be bidding on Laurent so just bid 10 buck's.This week with Austin out and Dez hurt Laurent could be a sleeper.
[/QUOTE]Laurent Robinson starting today for Dallas, BANG!!!!!! Play him if you can. :D
[/QUOTE]Great pickup Eddie. Not sure what he will do in week 6, but you didn't spend a lot to get him, and he paid off. A shout out to my good friend Jeff Clampitt who also picked him up for a buck.

However, Tony Romo is not the answer to your team's success. He single handily lost that game for you today. I guess it could be worse......you could be an Eagles fan....ouch! :eek:

Eddiejag

Week 4 Pickups

Post by Eddiejag » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:53 pm

Wow at halftime were crushing the Lions and looking like the best team in football.Then what the hell happened.
Still a lot of talent with the CoWBOYS and this division is wide open with the dream team off to a 1 and 3 record.
Laurent looked great and got 10 targets i think he will help Dallas big time as a number 3 reciever or filling in to being a number 2.PLEASE will somebody on the Cowboys get a clue and throw the ball to Dez more.
Five targets in this game is not nearly enough.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

BLACKHAND

Week 4 Pickups

Post by BLACKHAND » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:59 pm

dont get it. either dez is hurt worse than we think or there is a big riff between him and romo. 5 targets is nuts.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN