Week 2 FAAB!

Erok

Re: Week 2 FAAB!

Post by Erok » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:57 pm

I am sorry, but these amounts he is going for are ridiculous. What the hell is wrong with people? Where is the logic?

Regardless of whether he pans out as an RB 1 or ends up back on the NYG bench, the prices people have bid on him are absurd.

I have yet to see anything under $550!!! One guy bid over $900!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We dont even know what is wrong with Bradshaw. He may be back next week for all we know.

Wilson was a difference maker in the preseason too. He entered early in the first quarter of game #1! If he didnt fumble, he may have been starting already. However, in Coughlins system, fumbling will get you banished to the dungeon. IN due time though, they wont be able to keep this kid off the field. He will eventually be starting at some point this year. I just hope he has confidence and a strong personality to rise above Coughlins mental games.

ArmyofDead

Post by ArmyofDead » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:52 pm

Heres my logic on why A.Brown is the best RB to pick up on the waiver for this week...(I picked him up for a bid of $513..due to injuries to two of my RBs, I needed to have depth and a possible starter this week.

1) The extent of Bradshaw's injury isnt known at this time. Historically Bradshaw misses time due to injurys.

2) Brown has the confidence of the the head coach. Brown will start and will probably get the bulk of the carries.

3) Brown passed the "eye" test this past week. He looked good running the ball.

4) This week's matchup against Carolina is a favorable matchup.

Now I must choose between A.Brown or P.Thomas for this week...

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:26 pm

Erok wrote:I am sorry, but these amounts he is going for are ridiculous. What the hell is wrong with people? Where is the logic?

Regardless of whether he pans out as an RB 1 or ends up back on the NYG bench, the prices people have bid on him are absurd.

We dont even know what is wrong with Bradshaw. He may be back next week for all we know.

Wilson was a difference maker in the preseason too. He entered early in the first quarter of game #1! If he didnt fumble, he may have been starting already. However, in Coughlins system, fumbling will get you banished to the dungeon. IN due time though, they wont be able to keep this kid off the field. He will eventually be starting at some point this year. I just hope he has confidence and a strong personality to rise above Coughlins mental games.
Interesting comments. It is a risk, but the reward is, at worst, a running game that has featured 2 backs in the past and at best, a starter for several games, with Bradshaw being very brittle. Wilson may need a year of returning kicks and coming in on 3rd downs every once in a while, to earn Coughlin's trust. We will see. I bid $466 on Brown and got him in my Super league, where I have Forte. Other than that, I lost in every league by a wide margin. I don't think its a horrible pickup, even up to 600-700, due to the uncertainty of Bradshaw's injury and his inability to stay healthy. There are many desperate owners in need of a win, to remain relevant in their leagues and many who have lost Forte, Jackson, or Bradshaw. Also, in regards to your comment that Wilson will be starting at some point this year... There is very little chance in that happening. Bradshaw would have to go down for the season and Brown would need to be a dud for the Giants to give the starting job to a rookie who has a history of fumbling problems, in his first season.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:26 am

jdferenc wrote:In my classic league Brown went for $861 with a $683 runner up.

I have Steven Jackson in my Primetime so needed Richardson. I had $132 bid earlier but upped it at the last minute to $203 since my RB depth is lacking. Runner up was $175 so I got lucky.
Your real luck was that DRich was even available. :P We have SJax in all 4 managed (non-DC) leagues and should've grabbed him last week. :oops: The only one I got him in was a Satellite (for $142, next bid 89).

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:34 am

Erok wrote:I am sorry, but these amounts he is going for are ridiculous. What the hell is wrong with people? Where is the logic?

1) Be thankful you haven't lost one of your top RBs already like some have. If you had, depending how you drafted your team, you might also need a starting RB this week in order to not take a loss now and over the next week or two. Fall behind a few games and a bunch of points in these competitive leagues and your season may be over quickly. (FWIW, I was fortunate to not have to try to acquire Brown in any leagues.)

2) If someone else in your league did spend a ton on him, be thankful that they are now without a big chunk of coin to compete with you on future bids! :P

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:42 am

In my 4 managed leagues,
Brown went from $399 to $761. RU bids were from $325 to $629.
Richardson only available in 2 leagues went for $180 with RU $101 and $279 with RU $265
Edelman picked up in all 4 leagues from $116 to $257, RU's were $31 to $101

Some surprise bids from the 4 leagues. Not surprised they were picked up, but these owners had to have been cursing themselves
R Wilson $201 - RU $0
JStarks $117 - RU $0
JBattle $324 - RU $0
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

wiljiro

Post by wiljiro » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:26 am

MARK MY WORDS... -

When the dust settles - and we are deep into this season, the $$$$ spent on Alfred Morris and Andre Brown is going to seem ludicrous - YES they were worth a bid - but 800-950 for Morris?? 600-800 for Brown????? Seriously? Neither one is guaranteed to be a started by mid season - Fools gold....

Just an opinion - but I'll hold on to my $$$ -- thank you very much -
Ohhhhhhhhh, it's a PROFIT deal!

particra

Post by particra » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:50 am

Sandman62 wrote:

1) Be thankful you haven't lost one of your top RBs already like some have. If you had, depending how you drafted your team, you might also need a starting RB this week in order to not take a loss now and over the next week or two. Fall behind a few games and a bunch of points in these competitive leagues and your season may be over quickly. (FWIW, I was fortunate to not have to try to acquire Brown in any leagues.)

2) If someone else in your league did spend a ton on him, be thankful that they are now without a big chunk of coin to compete with you on future bids! :P
True, true. Crazy depends on your situation. $700 for Brown is probably a poor use of resources, but it depends on your options and your current position in your league. Last year, I thought spending $800 for Victor Cruz was insane (Manningham will be back!!). By week 7 it was clear that $800 was a massive underpay. Who knows.

SS

Post by SS » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:30 am

Im surprised Edelman went cheaper in my league, got him for 88 with no one second bidding for him and Ramses Barden for 87 with no second bids on him. This was for my OC league, as a matter of fact out of all the players bid on in this league, only 3 had second bids on them, Andre Brown, Sam Bradford and Mohamed M.

Anyone expecting anything out of Edelman or Rasmses Barden this week? Im hoping with Nicks out that they use Barden more than Randle...
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

particra

Post by particra » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:02 am

Like Barden more than Edelman this week. Like Edelman more long term.