Andre Brown

Toscano

Re: Andre Brown

Post by Toscano » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:16 am

600 + for any player is absurd. I have the same thought of spend early but to blow your entire wad on small potential is stupid. If Bradshaw was on the IR then maybe but as a one or two week fix, no thanks. I bid on him in four leagues and bid in the low 3's. I got him in one and was out bid 2:1 in all of the others. It's all really the luck of the draw with leagues. Some years you have guys not spending a dime all season and others you have people spending insane amounts hoping to strike it rich. Only time will tell if the gamble payed off.

nolencole

Post by nolencole » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:21 am

ANDRE BROWN = 28 points is equivalent to

4 weeks of
Chris Johnson week Avg. 7.95
J. Charles week Avg. 6.95

So Andre Brown would only need to start 3 more times to surpass both CJ2K and J. Charles for our 13 week season. BTW this also includes them scoring somehow even on their by-weeks...maybe with the ladies at the local club. ;)
a.k.a. ALABAMA ABANDONED

jdferenc

Post by jdferenc » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:51 am

nolencole wrote:ANDRE BROWN = 28 points is equivalent to

4 weeks of
Chris Johnson week Avg. 7.95
J. Charles week Avg. 6.95

So Andre Brown would only need to start 3 more times to surpass both CJ2K and J. Charles for our 13 week season. BTW this also includes them scoring somehow even on their by-weeks...maybe with the ladies at the local club. ;)
So far that seems more likely than a TD...
Josh Ferenc
2005 NFFC Classic Champion
Free-Rolling In The NFFC For Life Baby!

Route C

Post by Route C » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:52 am

chriseibl wrote:anyone who spent 800 on brown already got their moneys worth. i'm sure when we look back on the season no more than a couple teams in each league will have been rewarded with better production from their high dollar free agents.
You make a great point.
I was thinking of the end of the season when I've been in really tight races for the $$$$. 28 points would've won my league for me a few years back but instead I landed in the consolation round. My team got hot but I finished 5th (one spot from cashing in the consolation bracket).Had I been in the c-ship round I would've taken home 3rd place $8000.00.
Now I have non-buyers remorse. :cry: Congrats to all who took a swing and hit a 4 bagger last night!

particra

Post by particra » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:16 am

As someone not really invested in either Brown or Bradshaw, I'm thrilled by Brown's performance. I love RB rotations when I don't have either RB.

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:19 am

Route C wrote:
chriseibl wrote:anyone who spent 800 on brown already got their moneys worth. i'm sure when we look back on the season no more than a couple teams in each league will have been rewarded with better production from their high dollar free agents.
You make a great point.
I was thinking of the end of the season when I've been in really tight races for the $$$$. 28 points would've won my league for me a few years back but instead I landed in the consolation round. My team got hot but I finished 5th (one spot from cashing in the consolation bracket).Had I been in the c-ship round I would've taken home 3rd place $8000.00.
Now I have non-buyers remorse. :cry: Congrats to all who took a swing and hit a 4 bagger last night!
Like Chris, this is the way I looked at it. I'm in another big $ league with Victory Points where I desperately needed A. Brown because I lost Forte and Bradshaw last week. I bid $503 and still lost out to King of Queens. Instead of 28 Brown points, I got 1.1 from $%#@bag David Wilson. That could make the difference for me by the end of the end in Victory Points. For all I know, I could be out of it in 6-8 weeks and my "saved" $$ does me no good.

For you guys who think spending 500 or 600+ is insane, it all depends on the construction of your team and projecting forward to making the playoffs.

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:10 am

....and of course on what actually happens

ArmyofDead

Post by ArmyofDead » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:47 am

Brown could start the next game as well...has anyone seen a timeline for his return? I could see Bradshaw being eased back into the lineup, now that they have Brown rolling.

As far as how much people spent to get him...there are usually a couple gems that come from the waiver wire each year. In high stakes leagues, its always been my opinion to spend big early on guys that could pop into a gem for the rest of the year.

With RB position being very shaky this year, grabbing a possible stud this early in the season from the free agent pool could mean the difference in making the playoffs...

I grabbed Brown for $513 and started him over J.Charles and P.Thomas (current RBs are F.Gore, J.Charles, F.Jackson, P.Thomas, and A.Brown --I dropped I.Pead to grab Brown..)

Rest of my team..
QB-Rodgers, Bradford
WRS-D.Bowe, R.Wayne, D.Ammendola, B.Lafell, R.Moss, N.Washington, S.Hill
TE-Pettigrew, Miller
K-Tucker, Hartley
DEF-Ravens, Bucs

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:09 pm

This year in the NFFC Classic we increased rosters to 20 players from 19 to give owners a little more flexibility when dealing with the Thursday Night Game and the bye weeks. Some NFFC veterans specifically told me that they wouldn't play the Classic this year because of the increased roster size, saying it left nothing in free agency. I was surprised a bit by those responses and wondered if maybe we did deplete the FAAB pool too much in the Classic.

But in looking at this week's pickups, all 18 Classic Leagues had Andre Brown available and other top free agents like Daryl Richardson, Ramses Barden, Julian Edelman, Brandon Myers and Kellen Winslow were as available in the Classic as they were in the Primetime. Heck, even kickers like Blair Walsh were still available in the Classic Leagues.

I hope we didn't damage the Classic with the extra roster spot and we'll continue to watch FAAB going forward, but these unknown free agent wonders are just as much undrafted in 14 team leagues as they are in 12 team leagues and once again it's up to each owner to determine their values when they become available in their leagues.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

wiljiro

Post by wiljiro » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:58 pm

Gotta be honest with you guys....

I am much happier with my Barden for $2 than I am jealous of the guys that got Brown for $700+.......;)

W
Ohhhhhhhhh, it's a PROFIT deal!