I guess I have to ask

kjduke

Re: I guess I have to ask

Post by kjduke » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:59 pm

BillyWaz wrote:
mattjb wrote: Agreed.....they should be completely removed.

INSTEAD....when a player is on bye, that should be in capital letters and in RED. ;)
Good idea.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:35 am

King of Queens wrote:
Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 10.36.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 10.44.07 PM.png
If you go to the player list page and list all players it actually has the letters 'IR' next to his name.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:02 am

mattjb wrote:
King of Queens wrote:
Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 10.36.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 10.44.07 PM.png
If you go to the player list page and list all players it actually has the letters 'IR' next to his name.
Yep.....I always thought the "red cross" just meant an injury, as a lot of my teams players have that designation. :(

Just another reason to get rid of it all together. But to be fair, if you are using the NFFC's injury "news" to make decisions.....you are probably in WELL over your head. ;)

kingraiders

Post by kingraiders » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:23 am

BillyWaz wrote:
mattjb wrote:
King of Queens wrote:[attachment=1]

Just another reason to get rid of it all together. But to be fair, if you are using the NFFC's injury "news" to make decisions.....you are probably in WELL over your head. ;)
True. Also w/the IR designated to return thing, doesn't necesarily mean an auto drop this year. I think it's nuts to see guys like RGIII & Sproles to be dropped in this contest, no question.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:08 pm

ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:After the RG3 thread I have to ask. This is going to be allowed???

Online Championship Drops:
Darren Sproles (NO) Online Championship Aug 22 10:00 pm Lg.9227
Darren Sproles (NO) Online Championship Sep 02 10:00 pm Lg.9108

I'm guessing it has something to do with that nice red IR to his name that says he is out for the year? This is EXACTLY why I posted those few times in the RG3 thread, as I don't think this is ok... he's a 2nd round ADP player for Christ's sake! :o
Yes, we are on these moves. The cuts will obviously be allowed and we'll reach out to both owners now to see what happened. We hope it's not from the IR designation on our site, but as Billy said everyone needs to do their own homework there. Still, I'm trying to see why that designation was attached to Sproles and get that corrected, while trying to reach out to these owners. It never hurts to talk this through.

We don't pull players often, but a healthy Top 25 pick who is still a Top 20 RB can't be allowed as a pickup in our national contests. Again, we always allow every cut but this is a healthy player who can't be allowed as a pickup in FAAB. We'll look into this further and address it.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:37 pm

Someone cut Alshon Jeffery in one of my auction leagues. I'm most surprised that he went for only $421 to the standing leader when 3-4 teams had more money than that. Guess they're saving that money for someone special?

ForLoveOfTheGame

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:22 pm

Very happy to see others didn't think he should be allowed to be claimed either (I think you should be able to drop anyone, some players just shouldn't be available for claim in my eyes... Hell I might have rage cut Tom Brady 2 weeks ago if I knew he wasn't going to be allowed to be picked up but he's tanking one of my best teams). I hesitated greatly in even posting this thread because I didn't want to be "that guy" but if I saw ANYONE, much less myself, lose out on a grand prize because someone got to claim a top 2 round pick I would be sick... beyond sick. That's not why we play this game and isn't fair in my eyes.

Sack

Post by Sack » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:25 pm

Chris - I bid most of the $15 I had left. ;)

Had I been in contention, I would have been upset. Logged it away. Like to track owners that do stuff like this and have a record of who else was in the league and who won the bid. In this case, didn't appear to have any underlying implications considering that several other teams chose not to bid. But it wasn't missed.

Ken

ChiTwn

Post by ChiTwn » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:16 pm

ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:Very happy to see others didn't think he should be allowed to be claimed either (I think you should be able to drop anyone, some players just shouldn't be available for claim in my eyes... Hell I might have rage cut Tom Brady 2 weeks ago if I knew he wasn't going to be allowed to be picked up but he's tanking one of my best teams). I hesitated greatly in even posting this thread because I didn't want to be "that guy" but if I saw ANYONE, much less myself, lose out on a grand prize because someone got to claim a top 2 round pick I would be sick... beyond sick. That's not why we play this game and isn't fair in my eyes.
I do disagree with Sproles and RG3 being dropped (although i can understand the frustration with Sproles).

As far as Brady, I am not sure you can get the benefit of dropping him and getting a roster spot. And others are not allowed to bid on him. That seems to be a win win situation for you, especially when you know your competition is not allowed to pick them up.

So using that same logic Andy Dalton should not be allowed to be picked up either. He is the #6 qb, while Brady is #13.
I think subjectively picking and choosing which players to enforce rules on is wandering into a grey area.

There should be a no-cut list established at the beginning of each year. Obviously a live list with injury taken into account. So there is no confusion or questions. This would help maintain the integrity of this competition we all know and love.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:38 pm

ChiTwn wrote:There should be a no-cut list established at the beginning of each year. Obviously a live list with injury taken into account. So there is no confusion or questions. This would help maintain the integrity of this competition we all know and love.
Player value is fluid. The best protector of league integrity is a strong and involved commishioner. No cut-lists aren't nearly as good, especially one that would've been established 10 weeks ago.