Live scoring a disaster

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Live scoring a disaster

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:01 am

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:Pretty fun to follow overall standings when somehow NFFC mangles who the hell is even in peoples lineups. This is absolutely ridiculous. How the software can be so shitty I have no idea. Not acceptable.
Chad, I had the Classic open all day and was watching the Live Overall Standings for that contest. I was clicking on teams to see who they had left and clicking on yours and it looked like things were working throughout the day. Who didn't you see in someone's lineup that you thought was wrong?

I just went through everyone's Classic lineup and I agree there can be an easier way to see how many Minutes are Remaining per team and who has players left. It took me more than 30 minutes to look at all 61 teams. We can definitely speed this up in the future and add categories to make Week 16 easier to see all starting lineups. Each year we have to make it better and we will.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:33 am

Live scoring was showing Ken Ford with Colin Kaepernick in his lineup last night for the Classic -- now it shows Roethlisberger in there under the Cardinals DST and Kaepernick on the bench.

packman527

Post by packman527 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:42 am

Coach JP wrote:Live scoring was showing Ken Ford with Colin Kaepernick in his lineup last night for the Classic -- now it shows Roethlisberger in there under the Cardinals DST and Kaepernick on the bench.
I noticed this too. There is definitely something wrong with the "live scoring". As far as I can tell, the standings look accurate, but when you click on some teams (not all for some reason), it shows a best-ball draft champions style lineup where it is getting max points. Example, Hawaii Warriors, currently in 2nd, as Coach JP pointed out, if you click his team from the standings page it brings up a live scoring page showing him with a best-ball lineup having scored 172.25 and has Roethlisberger, R.Woods, D.Carpenter, and F.Jackson in his lineup when they ARE NOT. If you click on the league link from the standings page, then click on Hawaii Warriors from that page, you get his true lineup, that has Kaepernick going tonight, and not Roethlisberger, and it has D.Hopkins at WR not R.Woods, N.Folk at K not Carpenter, and Z.'Stacy at flex instead of F.Jackson. Not sure why it would be doing this, but it is definitely something that needs to be fixed. I'm guessing this is what Chad was referring to?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:07 am

Coach JP wrote:Live scoring was showing Ken Ford with Colin Kaepernick in his lineup last night for the Classic -- now it shows Roethlisberger in there under the Cardinals DST and Kaepernick on the bench.
As I stated on the other thread, it's possible that in Live Scoring if you had the same window open all day it didn't update those lineup changes without closing out of that window. I know that's not ideal, but it's probably what happened and that's what caused some of the confusion between those who saw the changes and those who didn't. Sorry about that.

Ideally, it would be great if we could quickly see all starting lineups and see Minutes Remaining on Live Overall Standings for all teams. That has to be the goal going forward to make Live Scoring/Live Standings as good as it can be going forward. And the lineup changes have to update automatically so that we don't have any confusion like we're seeing here where some folks are seeing two sets of results between Live Standings and Overall Standings.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

packman527

Post by packman527 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:27 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
As I stated on the other thread, it's possible that in Live Scoring if you had the same window open all day it didn't update those lineup changes without closing out of that window. I know that's not ideal, but it's probably what happened and that's what caused some of the confusion between those who saw the changes and those who didn't. Sorry about that.

Ideally, it would be great if we could quickly see all starting lineups and see Minutes Remaining on Live Overall Standings for all teams. That has to be the goal going forward to make Live Scoring/Live Standings as good as it can be going forward. And the lineup changes have to update automatically so that we don't have any confusion like we're seeing here where some folks are seeing two sets of results between Live Standings and Overall Standings.
He does not have Roethlisberger in his lineup. The lineup that comes up from the standings page, that is supposed to be "live scoring" is wrong. Ken Ford was leading after week 15 with 538.02. If his team was the team that came up when you click on it from the standings page that shows Roethlisberger et. al, and showing he scored 172.25, he would have 710.27 right now. He doesn't. The standings page, which is correct has him at 665.02. And his team has so far scored 127.0 with Kaepernick remaining. It has nothing to do with having windows open all day. There is some issue here that needs to be looked at and fixed.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:30 am

Yup, I'm having IT look at it now involving Ken's team.