Mock Draft Order Set For June 30th

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:14 am

Sorry, but space is limited and thus Mike gets his 15 minutes of fame alone. Owners will be listed alone for this one, but you can claim the prize at season's end if Mike's team is declared the best!!!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

JerseyPaul

Post by JerseyPaul » Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:17 am

For purposes of scoring this draft at the end of the season, we could take the total fantasy points for each player drafted over the season and apply modified "Draft Master" rules. If a backup outscores a starter for the year, take the backup's points using the assumption that the owner would have switched his lineup.

For example, you draft Jamal Lewis and he goes to jail. Your next best RB is Ron Dayne so we would use Dayne's points.

The alternative is to use starter's only but that makes 8 of the picks totally irrelevant.

The downside to "best season" is that minor changes to a real draft might occur. For example, I might choose a backup kicker but in the real world of NFFC I might not.

A simpler plan might be for you to award the prize based on your preseason analysis of our draft and include that decision as part of your article.

Let us know.

dgamblnman

Post by dgamblnman » Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:03 am

Couldn't we run this as a real league? I'll talk with Dyv and see what we can do.

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:44 am

Greg - It looks like I'm going to lose my 15 minutes of fame.... The Aerosmith concert at PNC Art Center here in Jersey I was suppossed to see this past Sunday (on Fathers Day, and my 50th birthday too) was postponed and rescheduled for.... you guessed it... June 30th... Since I already spent some good money on the tickets and I love their music (Cheap Trick is also playing with them) it looks like someone will get to take my spot and draft from the 12th position.

I would be very willing to spend a few hours setting my picks in order and go on "auto pilot" if that works. But, if you really want the perfection of a live draft then please give my place to the next person in line.

Sorry for the late breaking news. I knew when I heard the concert was rescheuuled for June 30th that I had heard that date before....

Pete

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:02 am

No problem. Hammer, are you ready to step in and fill the void? We have a spot for you.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:17 am

Mock draft only. Thanks.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

hammer

Post by hammer » Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:58 am

i'm in

looks like i'm drafting 12th (sorry, got my Jersey's mixed up)

[ June 28, 2004, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: hammer ]

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:04 am

Sorry to the co-owners, but I dropped my co-owner like a hot potato for the mock draft. This is my 15 minutes of fame. lol. My co-owner is solid in football, but he's solid from August on. I'm football all year round. It's good to see more Fantasy Addicts out there. Greg I read the last magazine's expert's draft. You did very well for yourself there. I liked the one sentence explanation for each pick too. It proves there's a method to some people's madness.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

JerseyPaul

Post by JerseyPaul » Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:23 pm

So what's the story with the email with draft name and password?

So far I haven't received anything.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:04 am

Jason should be getting that to everyone today. He was missing a few and yours was one of them Paul, so I just got those to him. My fault as I was in Chicago this weekend and Jason still needed a few e-mail addresses. When I sent him the names, I didn't match up the Message Board names with your actual names!

Look for that info soon and contact me later today if you still haven't received it. We have all 14 spots filled as Hammer is replacing Jersey Dawg and all 14 owners will be featured in Fantasy Sports Magazine's September issue, so we expect good picks and no holding back on this mock draft. Should be lots of fun.

See ya all on Wednesday at 7 p.m. EST on Mock Draft Central.com. And have fun with this.