The Weather On The East Coast

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:03 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
Ok, so I'm officially now very worried about this. I'm not too thriled with driving into this. How late is it an option to switch over to phone into NY? I'd have to cancel my hotel by tomorrow. Stop your whining, it's supposed to stay out east. We'll be fine.

Glenn

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:54 am

I hope you're right. But if the area were to lose power, we might not be able to get gas, ATM, etc.. The traffic's already going to be insane in that area due to the tennis open, but adding in this weather could be horrendous.

Even that I can tolerate, as long as we leave early enough. But I must admit I'm a bit nervous about just BEING in an area that's about to get potentially hit w/ a hurricane.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:33 am

Don't worry my friend. The Fantasy Football Gods would never let that happen.

I know the real reason you're looking to switch to the Phone option, you don't want me peeking at your cheatsheats during the Classic. You'll never know....I'll be wearing my sunglasses hurricane or not. :cool:

Glenn

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:21 am

I really DO still wanna come do these live. I'll keep an eye on the weather tonight and decide by tomorrow I guess.

Here's the latest:

Conditions will be dry through Thursday before Hurricane Earl makes its way past the area on Friday.

Hurricane Earl's impact will be greatest on eastern Long Island, but Queens could see a tenth to a quarter inch of precipitation with 30-35 mph wind gusts.

Friday's effects from Earl will mostly be seen in the afternoon and evening hours, but showers could be seen as early as mid-morning.

AccuWeather.com meteorologists will continue to monitor the storm at the AccuWeather.com Hurricane Center.

As soon as Earl moves on to the north, a cold front will rush in from the west on Friday, ushering in much cooler weather for the weekend. Saturday will be cooler and less humid, with temperatures in the upper 70s.

AccuWeather.com Staff Writer
Sep 1, 2010; 4:50 PM ET
http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/news/story/36362/
will-earl-impact-us-open.asp

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:28 am

i think it will be ok mike. traffic will be the problem. leave early and have a good time.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:14 pm

Originally posted by Sandman62:
I really DO still wanna come do these live. I'll keep an eye on the weather tonight and decide by tomorrow I guess.

Here's the latest:

Conditions will be dry through Thursday before Hurricane Earl makes its way past the area on Friday.

Hurricane Earl's impact will be greatest on eastern Long Island, but Queens could see a tenth to a quarter inch of precipitation with 30-35 mph wind gusts.

Friday's effects from Earl will mostly be seen in the afternoon and evening hours, but showers could be seen as early as mid-morning.

AccuWeather.com meteorologists will continue to monitor the storm at the AccuWeather.com Hurricane Center.

As soon as Earl moves on to the north, a cold front will rush in from the west on Friday, ushering in much cooler weather for the weekend. Saturday will be cooler and less humid, with temperatures in the upper 70s.

AccuWeather.com Staff Writer
Sep 1, 2010; 4:50 PM ET
http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/news/story/36362/
will-earl-impact-us-open.asp After some of the storms I've been through this summer, this is nothing! 1/4 inch of rain? LOL

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:33 pm

Mike's not used to rain. He's from the desert sands of Rhode Island.

Glenn

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:56 pm

Both my wife AND I are worriers. ;) Rain and wind I can handle. Hurricanes I'd rather avoid. I'll decide tomorrow. Thanks guys.

GOD Hates You

Post by GOD Hates You » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:22 am

Rain = no tennis traffic. One less concern heading out to the Marriott.