My Week 1 Vibes

jdobies64

My Week 1 Vibes

Post by jdobies64 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:01 am

Couldnt agree more. I may be in the minority, BIG TIME, but after Manning and Palmer, Kitna is the QB that id want.

GOD Loves You

My Week 1 Vibes

Post by GOD Loves You » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:13 am

Snake, 2 words...Lorenzo Booker.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

Team Canada

My Week 1 Vibes

Post by Team Canada » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:24 am

If I had to choose I'd go detroit too! The game I like though is saints +6.5 thursday same offence better d this year both love domes 6.5 is too many points but colts may still win.
2008 double playoffs!!

Nag'

My Week 1 Vibes

Post by Nag' » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:25 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Speaking of bets, my stone cold lock pick of the week is Detroit being a 1-point underdog at Oakland. Take the Lions and the point. No way the Raiders stop Martz’s passing attack. Weren't the Raiders Defense #1 against the pass last year AND they added players this season?
For Players. By Players.

DOOMSDAY

My Week 1 Vibes

Post by DOOMSDAY » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:48 am

LOCK of the week:

COWBOYS -6 at home against the GIANTS Sunday night.

The Giants are an absolute mess. Look for Romo to light up their secondary early and often, leading to a heavy dose of Julius and Barber to finish them off. The pick: Dallas 35-10

Honorable mention: Seattle -6 at home vs. Tampa

P.S. Should us LJ owners actually be worried in week 1 with Herm Edwards saying the will play it safe with him the first couple weeks until he gets his legs under him? I mean, even in split duty he should still at least see 80 yards and 1TD right, right?

KOTRAX

My Week 1 Vibes

Post by KOTRAX » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:54 am

Originally posted by Nag':
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Speaking of bets, my stone cold lock pick of the week is Detroit being a 1-point underdog at Oakland. Take the Lions and the point. No way the Raiders stop Martz’s passing attack. Weren't the Raiders Defense #1 against the pass last year AND they added players this season? [/QUOTE]ALOT OF TIMES WHEN YOU LOOK AT A TEAM THAT IS GOOD AGAINST PASS IS TO LOOK AT THEIR RUN DEFENSE. FANTASY OR NOT A TEAM WANTS TO RUN FIRST THEN PASS. I DON'T CARE IF ITS MANNING, PALMER, KITNA ETC. TAKING NOTHING AWAY FROM THE RAIDERS SECONDARY BUT THEY GAVE UP ALOT OF YARDS ON THE GROUND SO TEAMS RAN THE BALL WITH REALATIVE EASE. IT'S MUCH EASIER FOR A QB TO TURN AND HAND THE BALL OFF VERSUS THROWING A PASS.

DOOMSDAY

My Week 1 Vibes

Post by DOOMSDAY » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:56 am

I had this same enthusiasm for Kitna last year when I picked him in my main. I actually expected more than 21 TDs and he hardly scored at all on the weeks that I played him.

Depending on how there season is going, I am not sold that he will finish the year as their starter. He is obviusly not there future and I would expect one of the young guns to see some action late in the year. That being said, I still ranked him 9th, basically even with McNabb but comfortably ahead of the rest of the pack.

My QB projections, and I sure hope I'm right, are Peyton - Brady/Brees/Romo/Bulger/Rivers/Palmer - McNabb/Kitna.