IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

Raiders

Michael Jenkins FAAB

Post by Raiders » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:35 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Raiders:
I asked Gekko, because I wanted a answer.
let's be truthful...you didn't ask anything
[/QUOTE]No, but you answered.
[/QUOTE]nope. i was answering jive turkey's question. now stop your man-love of me. please direct it at billywaz ;)
[/QUOTE]I would have, but Billywaz didn't bid a large amout on a average WR. Not yet anyways. ;)

renman

Michael Jenkins FAAB

Post by renman » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:36 am

What would we be saving our free agent dollars for at this point? Jenkins is on the field, a red zone target, finally has a QB who does not play like he is on a playground in a park... No one is saying Harrington has proven to be anything special, but he immediately upgrades all receivers on that team by replacing Vick. I think too many people see poor fantasy results and blame the player without looking at the circmstance.

If Jenkins were available in my league, and I had someone worthy of being cut, I would have spent a good bit to get him.

Raiders

Michael Jenkins FAAB

Post by Raiders » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:39 am

'If Jenkins were available in my league, and I had someone worthy of being cut, I would have spent a good bit to get him'.

So your saying that He's not worth it.
No one in a 14 team league, doesn't have a player that they can drop.
So thanks for making my point.

Gordon Gekko

Michael Jenkins FAAB

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:41 am

Originally posted by renman:
What would we be saving our free agent dollars for at this point? Jenkins is on the field, a red zone target, finally has a QB who does not play like he is on a playground in a park... No one is saying Harrington has proven to be anything special, but he immediately upgrades all receivers on that team by replacing Vick. I think too many people see poor fantasy results and blame the player without looking at the circmstance.

If Jenkins were available in my league, and I had someone worthy of being cut, I would have spent a good bit to get him. renman introduces reason and logic. fax a copy to raiders.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Raiders

Michael Jenkins FAAB

Post by Raiders » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:41 am

quote:Originally posted by renman:

If Jenkins were available in my league, and I had someone worthy of being cut, I would have spent a good bit to get him. renman introduces reason and logic. fax a copy to raiders.
[/QUOTE]Read above. :rolleyes:

Gordon Gekko

Michael Jenkins FAAB

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:44 am

so he's average, because raiders says so. i think my paperboy gives better advice (watch big Q this week).

the fact is no one knows how good he is because he had vick as his qb all these years. what round was jenkins drafted in coming out of college?

Raiders

Michael Jenkins FAAB

Post by Raiders » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:56 am

so he's average, because raiders says so. i think my paperboy gives better advice (watch big Q this week).

the fact is no one knows how good he is because he had vick as his qb all these years. what round was jenkins drafted in coming out of college? Same round as M.Jones. Not sure what your point is?
I'm sure there's been a couple of wr that were busts that were drafted in the 1st round.
To be honest to many to look up.
I'm glad your happy with Jenkins. :D

[ October 06, 2007, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: Raiders ]

renman

Michael Jenkins FAAB

Post by renman » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:57 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
'If Jenkins were available in my league, and I had someone worthy of being cut, I would have spent a good bit to get him'.

So your saying that He's not worth it.
No one in a 14 team league, doesn't have a player that they can drop.
So thanks for making my point. raiders,

My point is that Jenkins, in week 5 of the fantasy season, has VERY REAL value in my opinion. Also, to be honest, I have the kind of team that might not have one player worthy of being cut. You tell me who you would cut on this team... By the way, I am not bragging as you brought it up.

QB- Obviously I am not cutting either, Romo/Pennington as backup.

RB- To me, all have value. Edge James, Ronnie Brown, Kevin Jones (likely starter soon), Sammy Morris (productive and spot starter), V. Morency (productive and possible future starter), Shipp (handcuff to edge james)

Wr- I think I have as good a WR group as anyone in NFFC (not that I have looked).

Steve Smith
D. Branch
S. Holmes
J. cotchery
D. Bowe
P. Crayton

I have one TE.

I picked up a second defense this week to cover a bye week next week.

I have one kicker.

Who would I cut?

[ October 06, 2007, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: renman ]

Gordon Gekko

Michael Jenkins FAAB

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:59 am

Originally posted by renman:
Who would I cut? it would be an easy call if your wr's included any of the following...

Parrish, Roscoe
Stokley, Brandon
Bruce, Isaac
Burleson, Nate