help me decide...am i missing something?

BernieBaseball31

Post by BernieBaseball31 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:15 pm

Originally posted by JB:
Who would rather draft in Connecticut than Vegas or New York?? Unless you live close to the draft site, I can't imagine too many people choosing that option! JB, dont want to start a fight but have you ever been to the place they are having their draft at? i'd rather go there than NYC anytime, but maybe thats because I can go to NYC any time i want. mohegan actually rocks.

heh, maybe i can join both. they aren't on the same day. wish i was rich!!!!!

JB

Post by JB » Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:25 pm

No, I haven't but I've never been to NYC either!

Sports Memories

Post by Sports Memories » Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:13 am

Bernie, I've been around a long long time. Believe me when I tell you that your No#1 concern with any contest is getting paid! I have been not paid by so many contest that I'm paranoid. I even have had contest cheat my score so that I could not win. And these were not small contest, but at the time, the most trusted names in the industry. Greg mentions the Fantasy Assoc., well these companies were major players in that Assoc. and probably still are.

My point is: I look at that Rotobowl site and saw no mention of FHm running the contest. As someone said they only look like sponsors. Getting paid is my No#1 reason for entering a contest. Greg cannot come out and say it but I can. Be careful with any contest you join, people will rip you off in this business. Don't trust anyone. This NFFC has the backing of a major company, I don't see the financial safety with Rotobowl. But that's not to say that they are corrupt, there contest might be great and will pay out money, but that I'm just paranoid.

BernieBaseball31

Post by BernieBaseball31 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:06 am

thanks sm. i consider myself a trusting person though. i dont *think* anyone would go through all the trouble of organizing a league with big sponsors juts to screw everyone, just as I trust the nffc won't do it either

the guys over there seem sincere and they are running a lot of pre-events. i'm still not sure what i'm doing, though. i'd ove to join both. anyone need a partner?