NFFC Draft Site

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Draft Site

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:23 am

Originally posted by da bears:
I did the the Gamers 2 draft last night and I must say nice job with the improvements in the draft software compared to my experience last week in the Gamers 1 draft. The addition of the colorized draft grid is fanatastic. :cool: The draft went very smoothly and we did 26 rounds in a little over 3 hours.

I recommend to anyone considering an online league with the NFFC this season to go ahead and sign up right now. This draft software is easily the best software in the high stakes football arena. :cool: :cool: You won't be disappointed. Thanks all. You've all been brutally honest both times, but I like this one better!! :D

I recommend to everyone to go to www.draftpractice.com and just give the site a test drive with the Draft Board popped out. Size that and the Live Chat box out in places where you can see them all during the draft and you'll love it all. That's why I'm saying that if you can't make the live events but still want to compete in the Classic and/or Primetime events, you can easily do it now online. You'll have a huge draft board right in front of you with colored stickers and you'll have your own rankings in the Player list if you want them. Easy enough and you're in the hunt for the $150,000+ in prizes.

Kudos to John, Cory, Kevin and the whole IT team in St. Louis for creating the Draft Board and getting the online draft tools functioning well. Good stuff all. Now we can really move forward.

I bet that Draft Board would look good in online basketball and baseball drafts, too. ;)
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

renman

NFFC Draft Site

Post by renman » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:07 am

This is great news for someone who has been lurking around waiting to see if I should sign up for the Online championships. When you have a finite amount of resources to invest into high stakes fantasy football and you already far surpassed it with the classic and primetime, one can understand how the recent controversy with the draft software made me wary.

These ringing endorsements combined with the confidence I get when Greg comes on here and says it is right is enough for me.

I know I am way behind the 8 ball on this given how many real drafts guys have done. I see Greg talking about going to draftpractice.com.

Are "ads" the only difference between a mock draft and a real draft on this site?

Tom Kessenich

NFFC Draft Site

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:14 am

Great to hear the Gamers league went well. I was in the room early on and it looked like folks were having a good time. The Online Championship league I monitored also went well and Geoff told me the $125 DC league also went smooth.

We've had a terrific week of signups for the Online Championship so if you're feeling good about the draft site now's the time to dive in if you want to secure a spot. We have fewer than 130 GUARANTEED spots left for that event. We could go beyond 600 but right now we are only guaranteeing spots to the first 600. So don't delay if you want to sign up. This is a great time to add an Online Championship team to your Classic entry or sign up for both if you haven't already.

Don't delay folks. We're picking up steam.

[ August 13, 2010, 08:15 AM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

cdavault

NFFC Draft Site

Post by cdavault » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:23 am

The draft room is 1000% improved from last week! you guys did a great job of being receptive to the suggestions and molded them to create a much better draft room. It was very easy to size windows and place them where i wanted them on my screen. I could see the draft board along the top, the pop up chat along the bottom, and the player list in the middle. It looked great!

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Draft Site

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:27 am

Originally posted by Renman:
This is great news for someone who has been lurking around waiting to see if I should sign up for the Online championships. When you have a finite amount of resources to invest into high stakes fantasy football and you already far surpassed it with the classic and primetime, one can understand how the recent controversy with the draft software made me wary.

These ringing endorsements combined with the confidence I get when Greg comes on here and says it is right is enough for me.

I know I am way behind the 8 ball on this given how many real drafts guys have done. I see Greg talking about going to draftpractice.com.

Are "ads" the only difference between a mock draft and a real draft on this site? James, the draftpractice.com site IS what we are using for the NFFC pay drafts with the look of the NFFC and a few other features. There is a Who's Online button in the upper right hand corner to allow all members a chance to see who is there. There is also a Call Commish button right next to the Who's Online button to stop the draft or get Geoff or Tom to help. Other than that, it's pretty much what you see on draftpractice.com.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

nolencole

NFFC Draft Site

Post by nolencole » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:38 am

The Interface is very Nice! A great addition to the NFFC...

Is the Online Championship drafts being reflected in the ADP on the Draft.Practice homepage?

A.A
a.k.a. ALABAMA ABANDONED

Tom Kessenich

NFFC Draft Site

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:40 am

Originally posted by nolencole:
The Interface is very Nice! A great addition to the NFFC...

Is the Online Championship drafts being reflected in the ADP on the Draft.Practice homepage?

A.A I believe those are a combination of all of the drafts being used on the draft practice site. NFFC-specific ADP lists will be available on everyone's team pages very soon. Those will be compiled using the data from all of our completed Online Championship and Satellite league drafts.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Old School

NFFC Draft Site

Post by Old School » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:14 am

Because of the functionality difference of the draftroom from others, I would highly recommend
new players to use the draftpractice room a few times to learn how to maneuver and manipulate the
screens. Get your gameplan set BEFORE you draft and you'll be fine.

Personally I just used the colored draft grid on the screen and used my own cheat sheets since the grid minimized if I clicked anywhere. Once I figure out how to change that I will be even happier.

The draftboard grid gives you the feel of a live draft which is after all, is what we want. For those who monitor others teams as a draft method
this is good

Glenneration X

NFFC Draft Site

Post by Glenneration X » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:15 am

Glad to see that the feedback given last week was utilized to improve the draft room product.
It sounds like there were significant upgrades.

My first draft using the new draft software is next Thursday. I'm looking forward to it.

Glenn

Tom Kessenich

NFFC Draft Site

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:17 am

Originally posted by Old School:
Because of the functionality difference of the draftroom from others, I would highly recommend
new players to use the draftpractice room a few times to learn how to maneuver and manipulate the
screens. Get your gameplan set BEFORE you draft and you'll be fine. Good tip. This is a new site obviously and I think everyone would be helped if they took Draft Practice.com for a test drive. Not only is it a good way to familiarize yourself with the NFFC draft room but who doesn't like to have some fun mock drafting.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich