NFFC Offers Discount Plan To Unpaid Owners From Other Events

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:26 am

Originally posted by DoubleG:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
We have the space at the Bellagio for more events and we could certainly expand our 12-team reach with auctions, Draft Champions, Super Leagues and even a Thursday night Viewing Party. Heck, we might even have space for another "Fischer Party!!!"
Am i gonna have to ask the mrs to approve more funding for more leagues? :D

Let's get the Thursday night viewing party too!!! BTW, I heard a rumor there is gonna be an NFFC penthouse suite party that is allegedly gonna top the Fisher parties!! More on that later...
[/QUOTE]I heard you were interested in a 12-team auction you're not allowed to play in now!! :D I think we can schedule Friday afternoon for that. Maybe an auction Draft Champions format!!! Yeah boy!!! :D

Thursday Night Viewing Party makes sense. I've got a call into the Bellagio now to see if we can do that in one of the banquet rooms. Bad news is that I won't be a good host with my beloved Green Bay Packers playing the New Orleans Saints unless it's a convincing win. I'm terrible to watch the Packers with, unless they're winning!! :D And Dennis IS EVEN WORSE!!! You don't want to sit next to him when the Packers aren't playing well!! :D I know, I do it all the time at Lambeau.

Yes, let's see what's going to happen in this landscape first, but it's time to ramp up that second weekend in Las Vegas and grow the NFFC 12-team format. With a two-weekend draft setup, that Main Event could really grow into something special. And I'll work on the other side events, too.

You work on the GG Party!!! :D I see a wild Friday night comin'. ;)
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:37 am

Greg,

As always you are on top of your game. Great way to reach out to the guys who are getting the royal treatment over at the WCOFF.

Just a couple of questions, just out of curiosity (which I heard killed the cat).

1) Does this discount apply to those (like me) that have rolled money over into 2011 WCOFF contests, and are likely to get the short end of the stick or just guys not paid at all yet?

2) If somehow the WCOFF does come clean and find a way to (a) pay those not yet paid and or (b) run their events for 2011, what happens to those who took this discount?

You know me.... always looking for a discount and more than happy to accept one.

Pete

[ June 10, 2011, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: Jersey Dawg ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:23 pm

Originally posted by Jersey Dawg:
Greg,

As always you are on top of your game. Great way to reach out to the guys who are getting the royal treatment over at the WCOFF.

Just a couple of questions, just out of curiosity (which I heard killed the cat).

1) Does this discount apply to those (like me) that have rolled money over into 2011 WCOFF contests, and are likely to get the short end of the stick or just guys not paid at all yet?

2) If somehow the WCOFF does come clean and find a way to (a) pay those not yet paid and or (b) run their events for 2011, what happens to those who took this discount?

You know me.... always looking for a discount and more than happy to accept one.

Pete Thanks Pete. Remember, you're an NFFC/NFBC Charter Member and always welcome back here.

1) Of course it applies to anyone who rolled over their winnings and likely won't get to use that money. You qualify. If the WCOFF comes through and makes it happen for you Pete, we'll address that later. Right now I hate to say you qualify, but I hope they prove me wrong.

2) It stays for all of you who stay with us. Listen, this promotion is designed to keep folks like you in the game. You've already said that without this $3,500 in rollovers you're out of the high stakes fantasy industry. The fact that you're even considering our offer and playing with us in Las Vegas on Sept. 9-10 is a sure sign that this promotion is doing what was intended. Even if they come back Pete, the 15% discount remains for you and others who join the NFFC again or for the first time.

This isn't a gimmick to reach our goals. This is a solid way to keep all of you still in the game and to keep you thinking about still playing even during these uncertain times. We don't want you giving up on fantasy football because of today's "non-announcement." We want you playing somewhere reputable in 2011 and we believe you'll be happy in the NFFC. Don't leave this great hobby: Take us up on our offer whether the WCOFF returns or not. We think it's money well spent to keep those great customers still playing in HSFF.

Sound good?

And yes, you always did like the giveaways or special discounts!!! : Let me check the back room to see if I have any autographed Pete Rose baseballs left!!! And I know you're a past NFFC Primetime league champ when you brought your wife to the draft on your 30th wedding anniversary, so you're both welcome back again on Sept. 10th at the beautiful Bellagio!!! :D See you there.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

thegambler

Post by thegambler » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:40 pm

Wow, that is a very cool offer Greg. You are going to make it tough for some of us wcoff vets to play somewhere else besides here.

Nice offer.....thanks

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:50 pm

Originally posted by thegambler:
Wow, that is a very cool offer Greg. You are going to make it tough for some of us wcoff vets to play somewhere else besides here.

Nice offer.....thanks Listen, if every WCOFF vet plays SOMEWHERE in the HSFF space, I'll be very happy. I don't want this to be the reason people leave this space because there are still very good people playing in the two remaining games and there are still very reputable people/businesses running these two remaining games. There's enough room for at least two companies to be successful here as long as neither side makes stupid business decisions.

Yes, we will try to make an initial offer to sway you to try the NFFC, but that's not the key reason. Keeping all of you in the space is the first job. I know once you set foot here and really look at all of our rules and payouts and software, you'll stay here. I'm totally convinced of that. But let's keep all of you in the space first. Good luck all and let's keep hoping for prize payments down the road from Dustin.

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:37 pm

Greg - I still have that Pete Rose baseball and also the Larry Fitzgerald autographed photo and probably a few other items here and there collected for playing in the NFFC/NFBC.

Let me talk it over with my wife. The discount is a huge incentive, but if I lose the $3500 WCOFF has in my account I may still be on the outside looking in.

Pete

[ June 11, 2011, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Jersey Dawg ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:37 am

Originally posted by Jersey Dawg:
Greg - I still have that Pete Rose baseball and also the Larry Fitzgerald autographed photo and probably a few other items here and there collected for playing in the NFFC/NFBC.

Let me talk it over with my wife. The discount is a huge incentive, but if I lose the $3500 WCOFF has in my account I may still be on the outside looking in.

Pete Sounds good Pete. You and Will helped us keep the NFBC afloat in 2004 and you were there for us in 2004 for the NFFC, too. You earned every autographed item you ever got from us!! :D And unfortunately you'd earn this "discount" as well if you decide to return to the NFFC.

Bring the wife again. A 33rd wedding anniversay feels just as good as the 30th in Las Vegas!! And this time we'll be at the Bellagio, not the Flamingo. She will LOVE IT there.

Best of luck getting paid by the WCOFF and when you do think about rejoining the NFFC. We'll welcome you back with open arms. Stay well and good luck with everything.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:49 am

First, I have to applaud you on what appears to be a smart "land grab" promotion. If there are a few hundred participants from WCOFF who are owed money, they would be silly not to accept your generous offer if they intended to continue playing HSFF. I do doubt that many who are disillusioned by their WCOFF experience and were intending to leave the HSFF space will now do an about face based on a couple hundred dollars.
So, imo, you'll get a good number of the players who were looking for a new spot to play, but will recapture very few of the people already headed for the exits.
Which is fine for you; as with any promotion the objective is revenue/customers. And this should achieve that.
Of course my problem with it is, as someone who has played many thousands of dollars here..... I'm one of the people subsidizing the promotion if I decide to play here in 2011.
You obviously need a certain level of revenue to run your contest; That revenue has to be generated through your customers, If you choose to give large discounts to new customers it's only logical to see those discounts are being provided in some measure by your "loyal" existing customer base.
You can couch it as a gesture of goodwill to our HSFF brethren who have been ill treated by the "evil empire"; but I have to tell you I just see it as a promotion to get new customers at the literal expense of existing customers. It's pretty simple.....guys who have possibly never played at NFFC will pay $1190 to play in the same contest with the same prize pool, that I have to pay $1400 to participate in. Call it what you want and portray it any way you want but it's simply, players who played in WCOFF last year and don't get fully compensated play for $1190 and you loyal scmucks who have supported the NFFC for years, get to pay $1400 for the exact same product.

All that may sound harsh....but what am I missing?

DoubleG

Post by DoubleG » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:15 am

Riff - i think we all agree that if wcoff goes down, there will be a lot of players looking for a new home.

i certainly don't want to speak for Greg, but when i first read greg's post i was reminded of a story (The Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard) my Dad told me when i was a kid. summary:

*a Vineyard owner hired workers in the morning to work the entire day. each worker would be paid a denarius

*as the day went on, the Vineyard owner decided he need more workers and hired additional workers to work the few remaining hours of the day. the Vineyard owner decided to pay these additional workers the same amount (denarius)

*the first group of workers were upset to hear that they received the same wages yet had to work longer.

the Vineyard owner said to them..." ‘I am not being unfair to you, friend. Didn’t you agree to work for a denarius? I want to give the one who was hired last the same as I gave you. Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?’

in any event, it sounds like greg/STATS are subsidizing this generous offer by taking less profit in. i don't see how we are subsidizing anything.

[ June 12, 2011, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: DoubleG ]

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:45 am

Mark,

Nice story....but really don't see it's relevance.
Clearly any existing customer's "subsidy" is implicit. NFFC needs a certain level of revenue to run their business profitably. If they choose to charge one group of customers a lower rate than another group, the group paying the higher rate is "implicitly" subsidiuzing the group paying the lower rate for the business to achieve their profit margin. A margin the business finds satisfactory.