possible playoff team in my oc 5-8

Erok

Post by Erok » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:46 am

CMooooooon Man!

This isnt real football.

The best fantasy teams are the highest scoring teams. Period. They should be rewarded.

I dont care if a team is 0-13 and has high points, they should be in.

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:49 am

Originally posted by Erok:
CMooooooon Man!

This isnt real football.

The best fantasy teams are the highest scoring teams. Period. They should be rewarded.

I dont care if a team is 0-13 and has high points, they should be in. Dont agree with this at all,points leagues are boring and suck.Wins matter.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:38 am

Greg - No issues at all with the way playoff teams are assigned in the Ultimate. I feel Will's pain. He lost Peterson and it seemed that was his main reason for getting squeezed out by less than 7 points. I was just pointing out the fact that if you want to be a playoff team, setting the best lineup possible and getting the best free agents on your team is your best bet. That, and a little luck.

Pete

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:00 am

Originally posted by Jersey Dawg:
Greg - No issues at all with the way playoff teams are assigned in the Ultimate. I feel Will's pain. He lost Peterson and it seemed that was his main reason for getting squeezed out by less than 7 points. I was just pointing out the fact that if you want to be a playoff team, setting the best lineup possible and getting the best free agents on your team is your best bet. That, and a little luck.

Pete Congrats to you Pete for winning $2,600 in the Primetime, having a shot at another $2,600 and a league title, plus a shot at $100,000. We took a homeless WCOFF member, found an NFFC angel for you and now you're having a fun fantasy football season. It doesn't get any better than that. I'm sure your angel is proud of you!! :D We are too. Congrats.

I know what you were saying in the post above. As Will will admit, his team finished 8th out of 14 in total points and fourth in record, but everything was so close in both categories in that league that he could have easily finished anywhere from 2nd to 8th. If he lost AP, then that tells the whole story. Losing him in the first quarter two weeks ago and then missing these last two games were killers for all teams. Bummer for him and all of us who had AP this year.

This is why we keep playing this crazy game. Crazy things happen...good and bad.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Toscano

Post by Toscano » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:14 am

I squeeked out by 1 point at 6-7 to beat a 8-5 team. NICE!