QB Height

wayne123

QB Height

Post by wayne123 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:27 am

Originally posted by Team Canada:
I'm suprised nobody mentioned Tony Romo but isn't he short and fairly productive...
If you were to actually consider this when ranking fantasy qb's, you then would probably do an average lineman height and uh oh now it affects your recievers your #1 is on the right side generally so if you have a tall RT does that mean the wr loses value.
With 2 of the shortest qb's in the league right at the top in points(Romo,Brees) I'll be looking more at system and o-line but height will not be factored.
Someone spoke of Flutie's balls getting tipped but didn't Rob (very tall) Johnson have more tipped and way more sacks with the same o-line? Interesting analyis regarding RSL vs LSL height, QB height and WR height. Here is a potential proof problem to be worked by a diehard:

QsD = QBh + WR1h/SSOLah

Where QsD is a change in QB statistical performance, QBh is QB height, WR1h is the average height of primary receiver(s), and SSOLah is the average height of the linemen on the same side as the pass play.

It can be calculated anytime one of the positions change to see if it results in a change in statistical output. Of course, many factors including DF, weather, health, and lots more would need to be assumed as equaling out. Even then, it might not mean a thing....but what if it did! :cool:
I AM BLUE_FOOT.