What Did 3RR Feel Like To YOU?

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:09 am

Originally posted by skipman:
You make the rules and Lumpy's Losers will find a way to win. With 5 championships in a variety of draft positions and league formats, we look forward to starting to fill the second hand with rings this season....

....We were glad to be in the 2 hole and pull down S. Jackson, C. Benson, L. Evans, and J Walker with the first 4 picks.As the saying goes: "The rich get richer"
For Players. By Players.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:45 am

Originally posted by da bears:
quote:Originally posted by skipman:
Greg,

You make the rules and Lumpy's Losers will find a way to win. With 5 championships in a variety of draft positions and league formats, we look forward to starting to fill the second hand with rings this season.

With that said, I have never thought that the old way was unfair to anyone. I guess if you cant evaluate talent past the first 3 RBs then the top 3 picks are the place to be.

I actually thought that for the Main Event. The 3RR gave the first picks even more of an advantage, since I beleive the difference between a high 3rd round and low 3rd round were not much different, but the drop off in talent in the 4th round was notable.

We were glad to be in the 2 hole and pull down S. Jackson, C. Benson, L. Evans, and J Walker with the first 4 picks.

I think the 3RR balanced things more in the Draft Champions league, but this is a different format all together. Benson and Walker fell that low? Now that is some nice value to say the least. Very good start there Lumpy's Losers.
[/QUOTE]This was all negated by taking O. Daniels in Rd 7 ;) :eek: You felt so good about that, you drafted another TE two rounds later...

Having sat right next to them, the draft was much different from my perspective as players didn't fall into my lap as they did for them. Evans was really the only one as so many owners took a RB round 3.

That has nothing to do with 3RR. That has to do with the owners in our draft.

And to say the the 3rd round has no drop off is ludicrous.

I was forced to take M.Lynch instead of a top WR or RB, or even Gates, as I would have rec'd last year.

I gave you Walker and I will bet you C.Johnson outscores him. I don't trust Walker for a sec..

Rivers/Ben vs Romo/Campbell

LT/Lynch/TJ H, C.Johnson, Cotch, S.Holmes vs

SJ, Benson, J.Jones, Evans, Walker, Curry

Should be a fun Week 1

In regards to 3RR and the draft... It worked as i stated from Day 1. The top picks had tough decisions to make that they never had to make before.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:50 am

Originally posted by UFS:
I was forced to take M.Lynch instead of a top WR or RB, or even Gates, as I would have rec'd last year. Since we don't have access to the draft results yet, I have to ask, WHY & WHO "forced" you to take Lynch. Were there no players there who you project to have a shot at being a top WR?
For Players. By Players.

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:54 am

Originally posted by UFS:
In regards to 3RR and the draft... It worked as i stated from Day 1. The top picks had tough decisions to make that they never had to make before. The only tough decision I had to make was whether to draft/pass on the injured Driver at 4.01 and at 6.01, whether to go WR with D-Jax or RB with Betts.

3RR had no effect on the difficulty of my decision-making whatsoever.

[ September 04, 2007, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: Nag' ]
For Players. By Players.

skipman

Post by skipman » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:58 am

Greg, I would surmize that the 3RR rule is debatable, but that rule you put in that forced the #1 pick to take Lynch is patently unfair. That rule needs to come off the books. If the #1 spot could have picked anyone he wanted, there were certainly several dozen players that could have made more of an impact on his team.

[ September 04, 2007, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: skipman ]

mkrucek

Post by mkrucek » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:03 am

Originally posted by skipman:
Greg, I would surmize that the 3RR rule is debatable, but that rule you put in that forced the #1 pick to take Lynch is patently unfair. That rule needs to come off the books. If the #1 spot could have picked anyone he wanted, there were certainly several dozen players that could have made more of an impact on his team. skipman, the rule was not specific to the first pick but varied by league as in mine it gave Lynch to the 3rd pick.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

skipman

Post by skipman » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:10 am

Originally posted by 4D:
quote:Originally posted by skipman:
Greg, I would surmize that the 3RR rule is debatable, but that rule you put in that forced the #1 pick to take Lynch is patently unfair. That rule needs to come off the books. If the #1 spot could have picked anyone he wanted, there were certainly several dozen players that could have made more of an impact on his team. skipman, the rule was not specific to the first pick but varied by league as in mine it gave Lynch to the 3rd pick. [/QUOTE]This rule is totally unfair. We need to get rid of it...and the one that required the rookie handcuff by adding Calvin Johnson.

Is there some bonus for having the offensive rookie of the year on your rooster?

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:27 am

Originally posted by Nag':
quote:Originally posted by UFS:
I was forced to take M.Lynch instead of a top WR or RB, or even Gates, as I would have rec'd last year. Since we don't have access to the draft results yet, I have to ask, WHY & WHO "forced" you to take Lynch. Were there no players there who you project to have a shot at being a top WR? [/QUOTE]A.Green went 3.3 and A.Peterson 3.9, Duece 3.11

Taking a RB 3rd round was the best strategy for this pick. 2rb, 4wr in first 6 was 75 points higher in every mock I did.

I had a choice on Lynch or M.Barber and went for Lynch. Time will tell on that one. I went with more touches. There were no RB I wanted or liked at the 5/6 turn if I would have gone rb/wr/wr/wr and those mocks were all 100 points lower. Taking a QB rd 4 was also 75 points lower. Taking Gates was 125 points lower.

I have the best WR's in the league with TJ, Calvin Johnson, Cotch, Holmes, Welker.

I have the best Flex in the league with Holmes.

I look at a lot of drafts and IMO, many owners took very weak 3RB's instead of a potential 200+ WR at flex and they are going to pay for it come bye week time.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:28 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
UFS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I gave you Walker and I will bet you C.Johnson outscores him. I don't trust Walker for a sec..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UFS - SNAKE will take this bet - please PM him...thanks much...SNAKE No thanks. You are an idiot when it comes to bets. You can't even work your pay pal account.