Counting on Texans and Ravens...Seriously?

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:56 am

Originally posted by JohnZ:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by 4D:
quote:Originally posted by renman:
Not only is he wrong about the number of players on the roster/bench... but any fantasy player with skill is playing the first few weeks with ONE defense and ONE kicker.
Wow, John Z, Go Gettas, Billy and Team Thompson -can you please get rid of your 2nd kicker and or defense or we're going to have to start calling you lucky.
[/QUOTE]I've always just been lucky, you should know that by now 4D! ;)

Honestly, not much else on waiver wire last week, and I decided to play the matchup with Arizona's D and Miami. Was looking good until Miami scored the late TD. :(
[/QUOTE]You know Billy, here's a part of the game NO ONE ever talks about on the MB.

Scratching and clawing every angle for every extra possible point. The top players in both sports do this religiously, week in, week out, while others bitch and complain about whatever bad luck hits there way.

Those extra points quite often are the difference in making the money and not.
[/QUOTE]Absolutely!

mkrucek

Post by mkrucek » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:06 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
I've always just been lucky, you should know that by now 4D! ;)

Honestly, not much else on waiver wire last week, and I decided to play the matchup with Arizona's D and Miami. Was looking good until Miami scored the late TD. :( Then maybe your NOT that lucky.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

renman

Post by renman » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:47 am

JohnZ,

I have cashed in 3 of 4 seasons in the NFFC main event so I assume you were not talking about me whining and not being one of the consistent cashers... My record with the NFFC stacks up just fine with anyone...

Guys, this is why the board does not grow. When people make supreme efforts to be hostile or combatant by ignoring the point being made and taking things out of context. The vast majority of good fantasy football players will not be carrying 2 kickers and 2 defenses all season long.

At times they may carry two when there is/was no other valued position player to secure that week or maybe to play a matchup... outside of that.. most have one kicker and one defense...

The vast majority of fantasy players start the season with one... The POINT, which many here ignore in an effort to turn what could be nice exchanges unpleasant, is the originator of this thread was dead wrong in thinking it is unreasonable that some teams got STUCK and stuck bad due to this game being cancelled...

That is/was the POINT if anyone cared to stay on topic.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:14 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...uhm, how does one scratch and claw for extra points when they're forced (that's RIGHT - forced) to take a ZERO at the position of K/DEF due to Hurricane Ike and Roger Goddel?...SNAKE [/QB][/quote]

Glenn,

By taking GG's advice to cover your ass before the hurricane hits.

Need a link?

Taking EVERYTHING into account is the essence of scratching and clawing for every possible point and winning MONEY.

When GG made that post, I instantly checked all my teams. I had Ginn/Rice for Mason on one, Z.Miller for Daniels on the other.

<insert GG money history here and take advice next time>

Forced? You have Dane Looker on your team. Don't have 2008 links up yet to check, but there's NO EXCUSE for signing him this week if you did that or keeping him this week with the threat of a hurricane and not signing a K and picking up Looker for $1 this week. (more scratching and clawing)

And to bitch all weekend about two screwed teams and then find out you benefited in a league and never mentioned it once shows your true colors, yet once again, like we really needed a reminder.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:19 am

Originally posted by renman:
JohnZ,

I have cashed in 3 of 4 seasons in the NFFC main event so I assume you were not talking about me whining and not being one of the consistent cashers... My record with the NFFC stacks up just fine with anyone...

Guys, this is why the board does not grow. When people make supreme efforts to be hostile or combatant by ignoring the point being made and taking things out of context. I know you have a great record.

You need to think before you post and not make blanket comments. Two others commented before I did.

That will make the MB a better place by eliminating the need to reply. TIA.

[ September 16, 2008, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: JohnZ ]
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:49 am

quote:Originally posted by SNAKE:
...uhm, how does one scratch and claw for extra points when they're forced (that's RIGHT - forced) to take a ZERO at the position of K/DEF due to Hurricane Ike and Roger Goddel?...SNAKE [/QUOTE]Glenn,

By taking GG's advice to cover your ass before the hurricane hits.

Need a link?

Taking EVERYTHING into account is the essence of scratching and clawing for every possible point and winning MONEY.

When GG made that post, I instantly checked all my teams. I had Ginn/Rice for Mason on one, Z.Miller for Daniels on the other.

<insert GG money history here and take advice next time>

Forced? You have Dane Looker on your team. Don't have 2008 links up yet to check, but there's NO EXCUSE for signing him this week if you did that or keeping him this week with the threat of a hurricane and not signing a K and picking up Looker for $1 this week. (more scratching and clawing)

And to bitch all weekend about two screwed teams and then find out you benefited in a league and never mentioned it once shows your true colors, yet once again, like we really needed a reminder. [/QB][/quote]

John,

I took your "scratching and clawing" to be picking up a great matchup on defense or kicker each week (comparable to getting good two start pitchers in baseball.... I'm learning! ;) )

It seems to me that the majority of people who took a zero this past weekend had Kris Brown. I know some had the Ravens, but I doubt 5% had Stover OR Houston.

I too had Kris Brown, but my thinking on him was simple.... he is a kicker! Why take the chance that the game might not be played, when you can pick up a guy with a better matchup anyhow??? :confused: This isn't Nick Folk we are talking about, it is Kris Brown who should easily be available to pick back up after you drop him.

Last year, I finished 2nd in NY2, as I tied for best record, and finished 14 points behind FelixFlamingo (Joe Trefeletti- sp?) It was 14 points that was the difference in $5,000 or $2,500. In dropping Kris Brown for John Carney this past weekend, I gained 12.2 points.

Not sure what will happen this year, but if that decision moves from 3rd to 2nd, 2nd to 1st, etc. it will be WELL worth it.

That is how I see "scratching and clawing".

[ September 16, 2008, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:07 pm

TAMU... I had McGahee (but no Rice) on one of my teams as well. I had him on the bench anyway due to his injury status and the prospect of him losing a lot of carries this week because of his knee. Maybe the one silver lining in this deal is that he has another week to heal and maybe he will get more carries this week against Cleveland. Just trying to make lemonade out of lemons. Good luck the rest of the way.

Good luck to you too, Bigger Mo. Had word from the brother-in-law in Baltimore McGahee was ready to go. Should be even stronger this week with the extra week to heal. Won all 4 of my games this week as the breaks fell my way even with the extraordinary circumstances. Could turn out to be a blessing for those of us who have the horses on these two teams, McGahee and Andre Johnson.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:00 pm

quote:Originally posted by renman:
Not only is he wrong about the number of players on the roster/bench... but any fantasy player with skill is playing the first few weeks with ONE defense and ONE kicker. . I have MINN and NYG and played NYG this week.

NYG fell way to low and I skillfully prevented others from getting that value.

Feel free to check out Greg's Top 100 post today.
[/QUOTE]Isn't tooting your own horn after week #2 some sort of penalty??? :D :D :D

If there's one thing I know...there has never...ever...been a team that went wire to wire in football. (for example...leading after week #2, and winning the main.)

Gotta love the spirit and unity of all the cliques brain storming with each other...we'll see how it plays out after the bye weeks.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver