2006 Potential Rules Changes

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:10 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
(1) 19-man rosters for Weeks 13-16

(2) FAAB deadline pushed back to 8pm EDT/EST

Any thoughts on these? I know there's been discussion about them in the past, but it's time for one last push to get these enacted for 2006. No. 2 can be enacted by STATS if we request it.

No. 1 isn't as easy as it sounds, but it's possible. You'd have to allow everyone to bid for players in Week 13, the final FAAB period of the season, and then expand rosters to 19. So you could pick up a free agent, for instance, and not cut anyone. But what happens if you're out of FAAB money at that point? What happens if you fail to get any of the free agents you wanted and you enter the playoffs with 18 players while others have 19? What happens if half the people didn't get the memo on this rule change?

I've done a simple rule change in baseball and felt the consequences. The Friday DL rule is now understood by our baseball guys and being used the way it was set up, but it still caused a lot of grief early in the season. I can see where this could cause some grief late in the season when all of the money is on the line. Could be trouble. But it also makes some sense since injuries happen in Weeks 13, 14 and 15 which makes it tough to manage your existing 18-man roster.

I'll play devil's advocate on this one until proven otherwise.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:11 am

Oh, by the way KOQ, the 28th hole yesterday lasted a LOOOONG time! :D Good to get away for a few days.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:36 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Oh, by the way KOQ, the 28th hole yesterday lasted a LOOOONG time! :D Good to get away for a few days. NOW we're talking! I'll be on the lookout for your e-mail regarding my suggestions from yesterday...