NBC Sports Partners With The NFFC

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:32 am

IF ITS UNDER THE NBC HEADING THEN IT IS A 12 TEAM LEAGUE.

ACTUALLY THE NBC MAIN EVENTS PAYOUTS FOR THE 12 TEAM LEAGUES ARE A LITTLE DIFFERENT THAN THE 14 TEAMS.

THIS IS WHERE I THINK YOU ARE GETTING A LITTLE CONFUSED.

THE 14 TEAM LEAGUE PAYOUTS ARE THE SAME.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:32 am

Originally posted by TURBOUGH:
They posted payouts on $150, $250 etc. on the first page but I don't see if those are 12 or 14. I was a bit confused by the whole thing.

Has the league payouts for the main event changed? I thought the league payouts out $7500 between the top 2 positions.

Thanks Darryl, these are 12-team satellite leagues for the NBC Sports game:

$250 Draft Champions League
First Place: $1,550
Second Place: $600
Third Place: $250

$150 Draft Champions League
Top Three Payouts:
First Place: $775
Second Place: $300
Third Place: $125

$150 Entry Fee League
1st: Winner-take-all Free Entry In 2009 NBC FFC
2nd: $150

$250 Entry Fee League
$250 to regular season head-to-head champion
$250 to highest total points during regular season
First Place: $1,250
Second Place: $450
Third Place: $200

$500 Entry Fee League
$500 to regular season head-to-head champion
$500 to highest total points during regular season
First Place: $2,500
Second Place: $900
Third Place: $400

$1,000 Entry Fee League
$1,000 to regular season head-to-head champion
$1,000 to highest total points during regular season
First Place: $5,000
Second Place: $1,800
Third Place: $800
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

TURBOUGH

Post by TURBOUGH » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:32 am

Ok.  That answers everything.  I was just confused.Thanks Greg.

aageorgiou

Post by aageorgiou » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:09 am

Greg and Tom,
I also want to say congratulations. I think this is a great day for you guys and fantasy sports as a whole. As long as you guys stay as the drivers behind the wheel and NBC sticks to what they do best then this should be outstanding!!
Looking forward to a great year.

Alex Georgiou

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:58 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Mike Costaglio:
Greg if I make dumb posts as you say maybe I should spend my fantasy dollars on an education and not contribute to your profits. I'm dissapointed. Mike,

Trust me, the dumb post reference was certainly to SNAKE, who after 8,000 posts has yet to make a worthy contribution to these boards. He needs to see his name on these boards, nothing more. He's obsessed with himself. Your dollars I hope stay with us and so do your honest posts that contribute to the boards, but I don't know how I can be any more honest about my feelings about SNAKE.
[/QUOTE]1) nice try but SNAKE refuses to be your convenient scapegoat here Greg...

2) go back and re-read this thread and you will duly note that SNAKE did NOT state anything materially different than Jersey Paul, RIWORKHORSE, Mike Costaglio or Lance did...

3) since you are so painfully and obviously aware of the "national exposure" that you will now be recieving here perhaps YOU should take the high road and rethink your inaccurate and discriminatory post here relating to The Serpent...

4) SNAKE is sorry that you feel that anybody who does not agree with you and is not initially thrilled with this announcement has to be childishly singled out and ripped on this thread by one of the new and improved Company's founders...The Serpent fears that if you continue to show your true colours here this will not paint you in a good light for the new comrades coming aboard to witness...

5) thanks much Greg for, up until now, the opportunity as always for freedom of expression and opinion without fear of reprucussion and ridicule from you, an NFFC leader, on this MB simply because one of it's members is initially in disagreement with you (SNAKEtounge firmly implanted in cheek)...The Serpent sincerely hopes that this is NOT a sign of things to come...

...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]If you go back and read this thread, have you noticed that you are the only person who does not "get it"? Z was right, you have no class.

You made your point that you are not sure whether this is best for the NFFC. Good for you. We get it. Nobody cares.

This has nothing to do with your "freedom of expression". Feel free to go "express yourself" to people on a street corner about this issue and exercise your public right in the only forum that you have that right. You have no such right here. This is the NFFC's board, not yours. Yet, we have to see your repeated, inane posts attempting to defend yourself when you actually have no clue of the inner workings of what the NFFC is doing. I don't know how or why Greg gives you any freedom to post here, because you are ridiculous.

Now, I'm sure we will all get to see yet another ridiculous post in the third-person in some reptile form. Have you ever stopped to think about that, how that REALLY appears, and then how anyone is ever supposed to think that your opinion actually has any credibility?

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:09 am

will any of the NBC draft champion sats be auctions? pretty please?

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:12 am

Will the JV be offering a "Post of the Year" award? Upon perusing the threads today, I think I found a terrific candidate for the award!!!!!!

;)
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:16 am

Originally posted by boutrous11:
will any of the NBC draft champion sats be auctions? pretty please? Sounds right up my alley! I'd love this and/or for it to be all-play!

I participated in a league like this last season, talk about pitting one's drafting skill versus the rest!

Good suggestion!!!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:18 am

Originally posted by boutrous11:
will any of the NBC draft champion sats be auctions? pretty please? We will have to think about that. We had a bad experience with online baseball auction leagues this year and we promised ourselves never to do them again. You'll have to talk Tom into that one as he has two nights in March that he'd like to have back. :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:23 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by boutrous11:
will any of the NBC draft champion sats be auctions? pretty please? We will have to think about that. We had a bad experience with online baseball auction leagues this year and we promised ourselves never to do them again. You'll have to talk Tom into that one as he has two nights in March that he'd like to have back. :D [/QUOTE]The first company to build a working draft auction site will rule the world. :D