Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Greg Ambrosius

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:26 pm

Originally posted by renman:
Tom,

I respect that running another faab is unlikley to happen. However we can still debate the merits of it happening in a respectful manner here. I surely wont be pulling out of the NFFC over this. I just think in the day and age of computers where things can be fixed with the press of a button. It seems to me there must be a way to let people pick up kickers and defenses due to this happening after the faab process closed. if I am wrong and am missing something... I respect that. If it does not happen and I get stuck with multiple zeros for my team. I will have to deal with it. We make decisions based on the rules of our contest and there is nothing in our rules that allow us to run a second FAAB period. It also wouldn't be fair to everyone for a number of reasons. It's a terrible, unforeseen break for everyone, but again there is nothing in the rules to suddenly make a new decision on the fly.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

sportsbettingman

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by sportsbettingman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:27 pm

Originally posted by UltimateFFCheatsheets:
quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
It's almost like the NFL reporting that every player on the Ravens and Texans roster was "questionable/doubtful" when there was a 50% chance at a game cancellation.

I didn't have many players from those two teams...but I sure the hell would have hit the WW to back up Andre Johnson given the news the past 4 days.

~Lance Yes, since the WW is loaded with players who can step in and easily cover for Andre Johnson.
[/QUOTE]Just cover for him the same way you will be covering for him during his 7 missed games this season...simple enough.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

JB

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by JB » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:30 pm

I don't really think this was completely Goodell's fault, the Texans basically said "No, we will not play anywhere else!". So what was he supposed to do? Force them to play or tell them they have to forfeit the game...after what they are dealing with??

RI WORKHORSE

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:30 pm

Wow, 90 guys on the boards, All of us $hiting in our pants....
I.W
Johnny Frisella

BillyWaz

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:31 pm

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
Those of us who had some players who would be impacted by this had more information about it than those who for instance might have a kicker in the Pittsburgh-Cleveland game that might be played in heavy wind and rain. It is the "natural" breaks of the game and we can't legislate fixes for all of them.
Good point Perry!

The Miami-Pittsburgh game last year comes to mind. I knew there was a GOOD CHANCE that it could be nasty, but I gambled, and rolled with Roethlisberger anyhow. It was obviously the wrong decision, so shame on me.

When the commish announced Friday that they would play Monday, I would HOPE that is crossed most minds (obviously not Goodell's! :rolleyes: ) that there was a GOOD CHANCE this wouldn't be played Monday evening.

Yes....it sucks, but Perry said it perfectly.

BillyWaz

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:34 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
quote:Originally posted by UltimateFFCheatsheets:
quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
It's almost like the NFL reporting that every player on the Ravens and Texans roster was "questionable/doubtful" when there was a 50% chance at a game cancellation.

I didn't have many players from those two teams...but I sure the hell would have hit the WW to back up Andre Johnson given the news the past 4 days.

~Lance Yes, since the WW is loaded with players who can step in and easily cover for Andre Johnson.
[/QUOTE]Just cover for him the same way you will be covering for him during his 7 missed games this season...simple enough.

~Lance
[/QUOTE]:D :D :D

RI WORKHORSE

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:34 pm

109 guys on the boards....Are we getting Drafts slots....
I.W
Johnny Frisella

nostradamross

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by nostradamross » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:40 pm

its a bye week for both teams.

Atlas

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Atlas » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:43 pm

Forgive me if this was covered..(I jumped from page one to seven)
But I also expect that if they are going to try to shuffle byes, and that's what I'm understanding, then players we drafted to sub opposite the scheduled byes may longer be available to do this, right?

I guess you can look at this as if the player was injured, cut, traded or any other way his bye could change mid-season, but it will be the next thing we have to look at.

Team Canada

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Team Canada » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:45 pm

I'm getting a zero for a K.Brown in the NBC other than that it just changes bye weeks.
Putting a zero for a K or D sucks but if you are really counting on it that bad your team probably sucks ;)
As for if you are missing players, would you have not drafted A. Johnson if you knew his bye was week 2??
True you may have done this weeks free agency a little different but does picking up a S.Smith (Giants) or someone else no one wanted really save your day?

Greg and Tom I think you are making the right and only decision in a very unfortunate circumstance

As for everyone bashing the decision and threatening to quite this great contest, you should be ashamed of yourselves

Good luck filling your lineups and more importantly God bless the people affected by the storm!
2008 double playoffs!!