Week 6 Top 30

TradeStar28

Week 6 Top 30

Post by TradeStar28 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:23 pm

Originally posted by JerseyPaul:
Based on Liquid's last post, which really made him look good....

Time to close this thread. That was my intention!

Plus, it will give you more time to figure out which starting RB to drop on the Waiver Wire this week!

:D
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

JerseyPaul

Week 6 Top 30

Post by JerseyPaul » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:43 pm

Liquid,

You really are a fool.

TradeStar28

Week 6 Top 30

Post by TradeStar28 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:47 pm

Liquid,

You really are a fool. So what does that make you since you are 2 games behind me and a few points as well ?

Fool Squared?

:D

Greg Ambrosius

Week 6 Top 30

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:08 pm

Let me just say that this is DEFINITELY the most active message board among the high-stakes contests. You guys make it fun to come to work each day.

Now about those Yankees...........

This thread has merit, but I think its plusses and minusses have been thoroughly analyzed by now. I'm the key swing vote, but I don't think you need to run anymore ads in my neck of the woods. We'll analyze all of the rules at season's end, even poll our constituents if needed and plan accordingly for 2005. We will unveil rules changes, the new prize structure and everything else for 2005 immediately after the 2004 NFFC season as we plan on using the FULL off-season to promote the NFFC and fill next year's contest up. So we won't delay on this decision or any other rules changes.

As an FYI, we opened the NFBC registrations the day after the 2004 regular season ended and we already have 46 fully paid signups for baseball for 2005. We plan on the same full court press (sorry, wrong sport) for football once this contest concludes and expect to reach our goals more quickly in 2005.

Thanks for the input on this NFFC subject. It's a great idea by Gordon and worthy of consideration as our event matures. Every negative aspect of it COULD be eliminated by the right planning, promoting and technical support, given the contest is already on solid ground. So you've made me take notice, which is obviously the first step. It will likely play out one way or another over the next few years and you can trust I'll make the right call for the majority of our players each year.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

TradeStar28

Week 6 Top 30

Post by TradeStar28 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:15 pm

Jersey Paul, I just took a look in the 136th edition of Webster's Dictionary under the word :

PointScoringRunningbackWaiverWireDropasaurus

and if you scroll down you will see the picture that was actually in the dictionary !

JerseyPaul

Week 6 Top 30

Post by JerseyPaul » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:30 pm

Tell you what......

My team will outscore your team this week, your fantastic management skills notwithstanding.

Name the amount you want to bet.

TradeStar28

Week 6 Top 30

Post by TradeStar28 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:37 pm

Tell you what......

My team will outscore your team this week, your fantastic management skills notwithstanding.

Name the amount you want to bet. Let me analyze and assess your lineup for this week and get back to you on that.

TradeStar28

Week 6 Top 30

Post by TradeStar28 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:51 pm

Okay...I have looked at the matchups closely. I forsee that you have an advantage with my 3rd round pick Hines Ward and my 4th round pick Andre Johnson on their bye weeks....

But, my team will STILL put up more points than you in Week #7.

This is what I propose...

Our matchup will be a "LOSER LEAVES TOWN" match bet. This was made famous back in the early 1980's in the NWA wrestling scene down south. Basically..

Whomever losses in Week #7 by being outscored by their opponent has to :

1) Come on to the NFFC message forum and on a fresh thread must congratulate the Winner and bow down to them in front of everyone here

and

2) That will be the losers LAST post on this forum for the rest of this season. Basically, the loser leaves town!

Obviously this forum doesn't have enough room for the both of us...so one of us must go!

I await your response.

JerseyPaul

Week 6 Top 30

Post by JerseyPaul » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:12 pm

As a service to the rest of the players in this league, I will gladly run you out of town.

I accept the bet.

Dyv

Week 6 Top 30

Post by Dyv » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:25 pm

As a service to the rest of the players in this league, I will gladly run you out of town.

I accept the bet. Wahoo... shoot out at the O-K Corral!

Why don't you guys change your bet to the loser has to wear a dress to the draft next year. A bet where these boards get less interesting sucks...

D
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!