A very slow 2009 draft

moyer1313

A very slow 2009 draft

Post by moyer1313 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:42 pm

12.11 Follow Me selects Billy Miller (TE)

Rob B. is up.

Mark
Follow Me
'07 10-3 127.3 ppg $0 Won
'08 11-2 123.3 ppg $0 Won
'09 2-12 129.5 ppg $0 Won

The only team in NFFC Main Event history to win 11 games and not cash. :(

1683.8 pts. in 2009 is the record for a team with just 2 wins. Old record - 1479.95

Ted's Cracked Head

A very slow 2009 draft

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:04 pm

I took the Steelers D.

Matt is up.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Sabretooth

A very slow 2009 draft

Post by Sabretooth » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:05 pm

Rob You took my steelers D! Oh well there is plenty more I guess:(

hammer

A very slow 2009 draft

Post by hammer » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:38 pm

HAMMER:

Steve Smith, WR, NYG

Route Collectors

A very slow 2009 draft

Post by Route Collectors » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:42 pm

Originally posted by hammer:
HAMMER:

Steve Smith, WR, NYG Very nice pick here!

hammer

A very slow 2009 draft

Post by hammer » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:00 pm

Originally posted by Route C:
quote:Originally posted by hammer:
HAMMER:

Steve Smith, WR, NYG Very nice pick here!
[/QUOTE]I hope so, brother... I've got a month to second-guess it

Sabretooth

A very slow 2009 draft

Post by Sabretooth » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:35 am

I am picking The RAVENS D and thats a wrap

Sabretooth

A very slow 2009 draft

Post by Sabretooth » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:30 pm

Can anybody send out a list of the updated rosters?

Coltsfan

A very slow 2009 draft

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:08 pm

Let's get some discussion going. I'm going to give my 2 cents on some of the teams so far. So many things can happen between now and the beginning of the season. I would guess that 3-4 of these teams will be destroyed by things that happen that are beyond our control. So basically this post means absolutely zero except that I have too much time on my hands.

Leroys Aces - I didn't like the MJD pick at first but the more I have thought about it the more I liked it. I see this team as having a ton of downside. Antonio Bryant's situation is unknown. Ocho Cinco was horrible last year but should rebound. I don't like the Pierre Thomas pick in the 2nd - tons of risk there. I'm guess ing that Dave will bring in a RB at 1.3 and maybe 1.5 as well. At this point I would say it's middle of the road.

Hammerheads - Matt Jones situation could really hurt Dan. I liked the Morgan pick - nice upside. Both RB's are backed up with high upside backups. I kind of like this team - especially if Hightower wins the starting job in Arizona.

Jersey Yo - Another solid team, impressibe Rb's, nice WR's. I do worry about TO this year but who knows. Donnie needs to catch lightning at TE with Shockey or a later pick.

Ormond - I didn not like this team after 8 rounds but I think Ormond had tremendous picks in rounds 9-12. I still believe Ormond is a bit behind other teams (sorry Ormond) and needs to hit on a QB. I'm not sure who that is going to be. There's not much left. The rest is solid - especially if you like aging vets - haha.

Kapefear - This is a dangerous team. Williams could be the pick of the draft. The Rookie 1.2 will probably make this team look very strong. Nice upside at RB. Definitely a team to watch.

BWazz - It's just a solid team. The Cutler trade probably didn't help as much as it could have had he gone to the Jets. Olsen is looking much better now. I like the Orton and Celek picks last week.

Route C - Jeff had a great draft the last 4 rounds. Hester could easily be a steal there. Crayton has huge upside as does Charles. Fasano is a very good pick. I don't see any weaknesses and this might be my favorite team.

Raiders - I really like the name of your team. Raiders was a great choice. :D Just kidding John. We'll see what the rookie picks do but this team is probably near the bottom. I think Bennett was a real reach but I can't blame John for taking him. The Lynch pick absolutely killed him. But who knew at the time. There will be a lot of timing things that happen to hurt different teams over the next few months.

Coltsfan - Four starting RB's is very solid, good QB's, but the glaring weakness is WR. Need to get lucky at WR later in the draft.

Liquid Hippos - I loved 3 of his last 4 picks. I didn't like the Kerry Collins pick. Just not much upside there in a DC. This team is hard to get a good grasp on this early in the year. If Sproles has a similiar role as last year and if Boldin comes back to Arizona then this could be a lower tier team. There are many question marks but also HUGE upside on this team.

Follow Me - I"m not crazy about this team. It would be better in a regular league than a DC. Great WR's but the Rb's are probably the worst in the league. There could easily be zero starting RB's on this team right now. Sorry Mark but I have it lower tier.

Fantasy Bailout - Once again strong WR's but the RB's situation scares me. I didn't like the Thigpen pick that early. I think he would have been there much later. The Orton trade could hurt Marshalls value and Lance Moore seemed like he was taken a round or two too early. It's just not my favorite team.

Hammer - Very strong at WR and TE but I"m struggling with the RB's. As of today there are zero starting RB's but that can all change. This team has nice upside but could easily finish lower tier if Stewart, Jackson, or Bush don't find several carries more per game than last year. If they do then look out for the Hammer.

Sabretooth - I wasn't crazy about the Palmer pick in the 4th. I think that Chris helped his team as much as anybody this month. I loved the Bradley/McGahee picks in the 10/11 rounds. I have this as a top tier team and he has great upside with having the first pick each month. Very nice Chris.

This draft has been a blast. I hate that we have to stop 3.5 weeks at a time but it's kind of like having Christmas every month. The really bad thing is that I"m out of town the first 4 days of May so I'll only be able to log on in the evenings and try to make picks then. Any thoughts from anyone else so far???

Wayne

Raiders

A very slow 2009 draft

Post by Raiders » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:48 pm

Nice job Wayne. Thru 12 rounds

Bottom 4-Raiders,Ormond,Follow Me and Liquid Hippos.

Middle of the pack need some help- Sabretooth, Hammer,Fantasy Bailout, and Route C.

Close could win with alittle help- Coltsfan,BWazz and Kapefear

Top 3- Jersey Yo(This kid knows his stuff, Great job Donnie),Hammerheads and Leroys Aces.

Of course it's early, but I do think that one of the top 3 should wide up the winner of this League when all is said and done. It's been a blast! Hope we can keep this group together again for next year.

John