Planning Ahead For 2012 Classic League

Chi_Town_FEW

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:17 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Daren E:
[QB] I have a novel idea -- let's take the NFFC Classic back to its roots!

Live-only draft on 1 day with simultaneous start nationwide. Just like the first couple years. NO online or telephone entries unless they need to fill the last couple of spots in the last league. Payouts in proportion to entries, if it's less it's less. People have been commenting that the Classic is more of a "niche" contest anyways. Let's make it a "live draft niche."

I was thinking along these lines but you will have to see how this year plays out with two weeks of drafting and a full week in Vegas. The 12 team is the bread and butter of fantasy football and that is not going to change. I think new participants to HSFF will almost always join the 12 team. Due to the expense of the main events new players to the Classic will come from successful 12 team HSFF, i.e. they won some money. We will see if the more offerings for the Classic help the numbers.
If not, it will need to be sold to HSFF players differently. Maybe like stated above, the only all live 14 team event. The hardest FF league to win. The best players in the toughest game. All the options the NFFC offers with the 3rd RR, KDS, all make this the most level playing field for the draft around.
Anyway, I hope you get 350+ for the Classic this year and make this post moot.

Sabretooth

Post by Sabretooth » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:06 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
I think it makes sense this week to lay out our Classic and Primetime schedule of events even though we don't have the venues finalized yet. We still have a pretty good idea of where and when we are hosting these events in September, so look for a schedule this week so that you can plan your two weekends of fun around our drafts. I should have done that sooner, but running 50 NFBC Slow Drafts got in the way!! ;) I'll post that schedule this week. Sorry for the delay. Hey Greg this question might be a little unrelated to the post but I was wondering if there are any plans to have another NFFC magazine this year? Or is that a thing of the past?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:51 am

Originally posted by Sabretooth:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
I think it makes sense this week to lay out our Classic and Primetime schedule of events even though we don't have the venues finalized yet. We still have a pretty good idea of where and when we are hosting these events in September, so look for a schedule this week so that you can plan your two weekends of fun around our drafts. I should have done that sooner, but running 50 NFBC Slow Drafts got in the way!! ;) I'll post that schedule this week. Sorry for the delay. Hey Greg this question might be a little unrelated to the post but I was wondering if there are any plans to have another NFFC magazine this year? Or is that a thing of the past? [/QUOTE]It is definitely a tool of the past for us. Sorry, we miss it too.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:28 am

I think we have a nice plan for the NFFC Classic in 2012. I hope to unveil our plans very soon. We took all of your input and tried to create something that would appeal to everyone who has been in our contest for years and yet kept a worthy carrot. Give us time to get all of this ironed out, but quite possibly we could have some details in time for all of you to talk about at our live NFBC drafts.

We have an even better Primetime plan in place!!! ;) And an even better NFBC Online Championship plan in place!!! :D And I love our Slow Draft plan!!! NOW I'M GETTING REVVED UP!!

We're going to have a lot of this announced soon. Thanks for your patience all and be ready for a great, great 2012 NFFC season.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius