NFFC Notables

pizzatyme

NFFC Notables

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:41 am

Ahem....in my (I mean his) best snakeSPEAK voice...peas and hominy, peace and harmony...fellas...thanks alot (I mean thanks much) fauxSNAKE. :D
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Quahogs

NFFC Notables

Post by Quahogs » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:45 am

Originally posted by Route C:
quote:Originally posted by renman:
quahogs,

After reading the last 3-4 posts from route c it is nice to see a grown up posting. Q...you are my hero. I want to be just like you when I grow up...or at least by the time I hit the nursing home!
[/QUOTE]Well Mr Route, you see, we don't need another hero. We don't even need to know the way home. All we really want is life beyond. The Hoosier dome.

pizzatyme

NFFC Notables

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:47 am

Originally posted by Quahogs:
quote:Originally posted by Route C:
quahogs,

After reading the last 3-4 posts from route c it is nice to see a grown up posting. Q...you are my hero. I want to be just like you when I grow up...or at least by the time I hit the nursing home!
[/QUOTE]Well Mr Route, you see, we don't need another hero. We don't even need to know the way home. All we really want is life beyond. The Hoosier dome.
[/QUOTE]Hoosier Dome. Now there is a blast from the past!

RCA Dome it is. Lucas Oil Stadium it will be.

BTW, they are placing the roof as we speak, this stadium is going to be unbelievable!

Route Collectors

NFFC Notables

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:48 am

Originally posted by Quahogs:
quahogs,

[/QUOTE]Q you are way behind the times my friend. It's been the RCA dome for at least 3 years now.

Next year the new home will be called Lucas oil stadium....isn't that special.

renman

NFFC Notables

Post by renman » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:07 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Ren – with this season so “luck-filled” to date, very few people like to read about another team doing well. I am not one of those people. If you are having success…good for you. Let’s hear about it. What did you do right that so many of us are doing wrong? I think that would make for a good read. Seriously.

As for lifetime rankings, someone has to be #1 even if this contest was 100% luck. PS – no disrespect meant to anyone at the top. Gekko,

I am not even here talking about my teams success, nor have I ever been on any level higher than anyone else who have had good moments in the NFFC. I am not rubbing the fact my team is off to a decent start in anyones faces (I know you are not saying I am). I simply have no interest in talking about snake or the other mindless topics that come up here from time to time. I remember my first year with the NFFC and it seemed like a ton of hard core fantasy football guys where here regularly rapping about fantasy football. Not so much of that anymore. I never came here talking about my team, route C invents that in his head. I saw someone say "most of the successful owners have struggled this year..." and it lead to me asking how many of last years top 36 are currently there now... I don't see that as an unreasonable thing to ask. The majority of things I bring up here are designed to fuel fantasy football discussion.

The stuff about giving route c draft prep tips was just sarcasm about how fixated he is on any post that might address my team having success. I have no secrets (this goes to King of Queens too). We all know what we are doing... I have great respect for both of you guys and many others who are obviously very talented fantasy players. We all have our own personal opinions on how to rank or predict player production. Even if I had some magic secret (which I don't) would it be smart to share it? lol What did I do right? technically it is week 6 and until the checks are cut, I have not done anything that ultimately will be proven to be right.

All I am saying is that I enjoy talking about football when on this board. If that topic is not something we can regularly talk about anymore... so be it, I will live. I do find it petty and pathetic that route c repeatedly whines about me as if I am here talking about my team constantly when no one sane would think that. I talk about my team way less than most talk about theirs.

pizzatyme

NFFC Notables

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:10 am

I read somewhere amongst these threads that Tampa was weak this year.

Although Tampa has only 9 teams total out of 3 leagues in the top 100, Tampa 1 (the league I'm in) has 5 of those 9!!!

Tampa 1 is one tough SOB!

BTW, I'm not one of the 5...lol :mad:

[ October 18, 2007, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets ]

Quahogs

NFFC Notables

Post by Quahogs » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:18 am

quote:Originally posted by Quahogs:
quahogs,

[/QUOTE]Q you are way behind the times my friend. It's been the RCA dome for at least 3 years now.

Next year the new home will be called Lucas oil stadium....isn't that special.
[/QUOTE]I can't remember all this stuff. I still call the thing in the Meadowlands the Brendan Byrne arena. Now it's Lucas Oil ? Ya know...The time has come
A facts a fact It belongs to us all lets NOT give it back

GOD Loves You

NFFC Notables

Post by GOD Loves You » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:20 am

quote:Originally posted by SNAKE II:
If there is this much LUCK involved.. I look forward to when Greg and Tom start other high stakes contests like the "National Coin Clipping Championships" and the "National Paper-Rock-Sissors Championships"

In 2005 I left my NFFC draft thinking I put together the best team of my life based on ADP's and where I got guys. My team "on paper" looked amazing and deep. This team fell on its face. I did get hit hard with bad injuries but I also took Kevin Jones the year he was to be the next big thing and he was horrible and I took J.J. Arrington in the 4th round (I got him later than anyone else in the NFFC) and we all know how that ended up. I had a horrible year. Was it bad luck? No, it was me learning not to wait so long for WR's in the NFFC and not to place that much dependency on RB's in offensive systems I can't trust. According to SNAKE, this post of yours is irrelevant as you never address the issue(s) HERE directly as this portion of the luck debate that is raging here is indeed "NOT about poor drafting but rather about injuries". He also stated that you always seem to make every post, no matter what the subject matter or direction is, about you.
[/QUOTE]Good call...not that everyone else didn't already know it.
After all...isn't this a typical renman post:

"...I...me..me..I...myself....I...I...I..me....me again...very skilled.....I...I...my plan....my thoughts....my draft...I...me....my skills....my ranking...I...I...and finally what I like to talk about most...ME!"
[/QUOTE]Was he a contributor on the Beatles, "I, Me, Mine"?? All through the day, I, Me, Mine, I, Me, Mine, I, Me, Mine....
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

RiFF

NFFC Notables

Post by RiFF » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:14 am

Originally posted by renman:
I do find it petty and pathetic that route c repeatedly whines about me as if I am here talking about my team constantly when no one sane would think that. INot that I care what you talk about here, but if this is your definition of sanity; sign me up for the Cuckoo's Nest. It seems to me that the majority of your posts are about what you have accomplished or are in the process of accomplishing wrapped in a transparent FF topic. If you've had success here, good for you, and as I've said, I don't have any problem with you stating that...over and over...but at least recognize you're doing it. You're certainly not the only one susceptible to doing it. ;)

renman

NFFC Notables

Post by renman » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:30 am

Riff,

I actually took what you said serious and went and checked my last 50 posts since they are pretty easily viewable. Outside of this thread where I am highlighting primitive behavior I don't make one post about my team at all.

-I talk about dumb NFL rules.
-I talk about topics of the day with Tom in his chats and vibes threads.
-I talk about the Kurt Warner derby
-I talk about why people should not give up on Brees.
-I talk about the fairness of 3RR.
-I talk about the roster expending issue.
-I have congratulated the top scoring teams of the week.
-I talked about the rash of injuries.
-I talked about how Jenkins is not a bum.
-I talked about the Brady-Moss connection profoundly impacting this fantasy season.
-I talk about the top team scoring high even with Steve Smiths 30+ points on his bench.

I have ONE thread where people asked about "who has a great bench" where I talked about my team in a couple posts.

I am not sure you could be more wrong if you tried to be wrong.