Aug. 21st NFFC Satellite Auction League

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:29 pm

yeah everyone missed it.........Im asking the guy who runs fantasyauctioneer for a copy of the whole chat from tonight........

first thing that went wrong for me was im looking for jerious noorwood and didn't have enough time to find him......

Im on dial up so my 30 seconds is really 15 seconds.....

then I picked derrick blaylock and the computer gives me klineasser from min......i asked for the stop and for help and noone say anything unitll 10 picks later.....so i logged off....I only got to draft 50% of my team........so if i beat anyone im going to bust there ball forever....

Johnny
I.W
Johnny Frisella

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:03 am

Snake this is very accurate........But it's a new day.......and a new web site.......it's only a $100 league......I just don't want to hear anyone say in december that they beat the workhorse in the satellite auction.......

Because my draft was going right on plan.....and i logged off after santionio holmes.....

peace and harmony

Johnny
I.W
Johnny Frisella

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:04 am

Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:
first thing that went wrong for me was im looking for jerious noorwood and didn't have enough time to find him......

then I picked derrick blaylock and the computer gives me klineasser from min......i asked for the stop and for help and noone say anything unitll 10 picks later.....so i logged off....I only got to draft 50% of my team........so if i beat anyone im going to bust there ball forever....

Johnny JJ..I'm beginning to think you aren't happy unless you're playing the victim. Last night you were praising the site and saying how well it was going for you even on dial up. I agree with snake...the site wasn't flawless but it was pretty good.

I got frozen out of the draft room 4 times and had to refresh to get back in. Every time this happened I missed out on a few players. Twice it happened at my turn so I missed out on nominating 5 players and missed bidding on R.Bush,C.Taylor and that string of 7 or 8 players in the beginning.

I think after seeing my team on paper you realized there's no way you can win so you're making excuses early. :D

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:05 am

Because my draft was going right on plan.....and i logged off after santionio holmes.....

Johnny Who's choice was that? ;)

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:08 am

Johnny You wouldn't have gotten him anyway. I had more $$ than you and was waiting on him since he's the backup to my RB. :rolleyes:

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:20 am

A few thoughts for those who weren't in the auction last night.......

......the auction was a blast. Even though I was under the weather and the site wasn't perfect. it was a very good experience. I'd say the site ran smoothly 95% of the night for me and I'm on dial up.

26 rounds in 4 hours was phenomenal. Greg and Tom were great as always tag teaming the commish duties for us. My guess is the auction will be offered next year as a satellite on the sign up page. If so, I would encourage anyone who enjoys the auction draft or is wanting to experience it for the first time to give this a try.

Snake was a first time auction draftor last night and did very well IMO. The site is very user friendly with easy to find links to keep up with rosters and $$$$ during the draft.

Thanks again to all those who made this event possible Greg/Tom and all the participants. I apologize in advance to the other 13 teams that I have to pummel.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:31 am

yeah everyone missed it.........Im asking the guy who runs fantasyauctioneer for a copy of the whole chat from tonight........

Johnny JJ, you spent $199 on 17 players up to that point, leaving you with $9 for nine players. The site worked great all night long and there were few complaints until you got Kleinsasser and then opted to leave the draft room. What were we to do at that point? The computer made your next two picks and then you jumped back on to pick your last six guys. I stopped the draft several times to make sure you got the players you wanted at the end.

This is why we don't offer satellite auction leagues because it's easy to blame fantasyauctioneer.com even when most of this goes right. I would love to offer more satellite auction leagues next year, but this is a perfect example of why I probably won't. The fact that we did 26 rounds of a 14-team auction in just over 4 hours is amazing and I was VERY pleased.

Good luck to all. This is a great format in the Draft champions scoring format for an auction league. I trust the best owner will win.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius