SNAKEtakes for 2010 NFL Playoffs

Old School

Post by Old School » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:27 am

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
i was not saying the game was fixed. packers had the chance to win. like snake said rodgers had a wide open jennings. its just when something looks like a lock it really isnt. people were going by last weeks game with warner out. he is a big game player. Yeah, maybe "fixed" is a strong word or wrong word,
and I'm not saying Zona didn't deserve to win, but I've seen too many games where the refs were obviously favoring teams.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:30 am

1-3 with my picks for the wild-card round. Big swing and a miss there.

My thoughts on the Sunday games:

Patriots-Ravens: Color me stunned that the Pats would melt down at home the way they did. I'm astonished that their game plan essentially consisted of featuring Kevin Faulk and ignoring Randy Moss. You deserve to lose when your game plan is that horrendous. For Baltimore, Ray Rice is a stud. Pure and simple. But Flacco continues to look terrible. Unless that changes (and there's little reason to think it will at this point), I can't see how the Ravens go much further.

Packers-Cardinals: After three yawners, we finally had a great playoff game. As expected, both offenses soared and both defenses couldn't stop them - until the very end. Go figure. I thought Rodgers played great but his two huge mistakes were the critical reasons why the Packers lost. He really needs to improve his pocket presence. It can be downright horrible at times. If I'm the Saints, I'm salivating at the thought of facing Arizona's leaky secondary but if I'm Gregg Williams, I'm scared spitless trying to figure out how to slow down Kurt Warner. Next week's two NFC games should be sensational.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Old School

Post by Old School » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:35 am

I recorded the game and watched it again 100% and the it was worse that I thought. So many bad calls and non-calls.

And yes, Warner is the best big-game QB I've seen....next to Joe Montana!

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:55 am

One trend I hope gets nipped in the bud is this DB "flopping" crap.

Just yesterday I saw a DB flop two times, which is two too many IMO.

Save the acting for soccer and basketball...we don't need that crap in football.
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:00 am

I don't care about the spreads Glenn. I went 1-3 with picking the winners. That's awful. I'll need to regroup next week.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

williamhare

Post by williamhare » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:17 am

Chargers

Cowboys

Colts

Cards

C a trend?

HMan

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:18 am

Colts
Jets
Cowboys
Saints
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:44 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I don't care about the spreads Glenn. I went 1-3 with picking the winners. That's awful. I'll need to regroup next week. Come on Tommy Boy you can say it, 0 and 4 but you can still beat Snake with a good week.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:53 am

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I don't care about the spreads Glenn. I went 1-3 with picking the winners. That's awful. I'll need to regroup next week. Come on Tommy Boy you can say it, 0 and 4 but you can still beat Snake with a good week. [/QUOTE]1-3 Eddie. I got the Cowboys right. I did say that's a game I wouldn't have bet on. The only one I would have bet on was the New England one and I would've tanked on that one badly.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich