NFFC Post-Season Hold 'Em Contest Rules

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:33 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
I still love ya, Greg! :D

GO PACKERS!!!

~Lance That's because we drink the same Corona brand!! :D

I'll be at Lambeau tomorrow and I'm worried about this game, even though I think we'll win. Are you confident enough to bet the Packers this week? I'm not sure I could even do that.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:41 am

Originally posted by 3INT/BFDFANTASYfootball.com:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
[qb]And I entered knowing 150 was the goal and had done the math. The correct math.

3' Lou, if you're such a smart financial guy, then you could have done the math correctly. We offered this contest at $100 per team with $2 per transaction or $20 for unlimited transactions, with a guarantee of all prize money based on 150 teams. The prize money was $11,850, which was 79 percent, not counting transaction fees. We got to 164 teams and I added $1,300 of that additional $1,400 in prizes to make the payout 80.2%, not counting transactions.

If you had done the math with transaction fees maxed out for EVERY owner the first time, the payout would have been 65.8%. The payout with 164 teams and EVERY owner maxed out on transactions (which just won't happen) is 66.9%. Again, what "correct math" did I miss??
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:00 am

As I said a few pages back, pay whatever payout percentage you want, just don't tell me transactions fees shouldn't count as part of the total entry fee. That's insulting to my intelligence.

As a sidenote, can you imagine the feast the local MB wolfpack would have had WCOFF ran a contest with a 66 percent payout?
For Players. By Players.

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:05 am

So why charge for transactions at all? Is this money that goes directly back to the website that runs it? If so, that's a sweet biz to be in.

I don't understand why even charge for transaction fees if they're not calculated in the payout.
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:24 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
I still love ya, Greg! :D

GO PACKERS!!!

~Lance That's because we drink the same Corona brand!! :D

I'll be at Lambeau tomorrow and I'm worried about this game, even though I think we'll win. Are you confident enough to bet the Packers this week? I'm not sure I could even do that.
[/QUOTE]Yup.

If it keeps coming up black...I sure ain't betting red!

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS...(on the road)

Sun 9/16 at Arizona L 20-23
Sun 9/30 at San Francisco W 23-3
Sun 10/7 at Pittsburgh L 0-21
Sun 11/4 at Cleveland L 30-33
Sun 11/25 at St. Louis W 24-19
Sun 12/2 at Philadelphia W 28-24
Sun 12/16 at Carolina L 10-13
Sun 12/30 at Atlanta L 41-44

GREEN BAY PACKERS...(at home)

Sun 9/9 Philadelphia W 16-13
Sun 9/23 San Diego W 31-24
Sun 10/7 Chicago L 20-27
Sun 10/14 Washington W 17-14
Sun 11/11 Minnesota W 34-0
Sun 11/18 Carolina W 31-17
Sun 12/9 Oakland W 38-7
Sun 12/30 Detroit W 34-13

If this were in SEA...I still think GB would win a close one.

Being played at Lambeau Field is BIG...I think they win by 10 or more. (Look at how they closed out the season at home...scoring an average of 34 the last 4 games, and holding opponents to an average of 9!)

~Lance

[ January 11, 2008, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:42 am

Originally posted by Nag':
As I said a few pages back, pay whatever payout percentage you want, just don't tell me transactions fees shouldn't count as part of the total entry fee. That's insulting to my intelligence.

As a sidenote, can you imagine the feast the local MB wolfpack would have had WCOFF ran a contest with a 66 percent payout? I'm not touting 80 percent on this contest. The payout structure has been the same with TopGun.com since 2005 and nobody has said a word because we never sold out. Our payouts seemed fair because we didn't reach 150 teams. Now that we finally did sell out, you and Lou want 80 percent, the same percentage we pay for our NFFC Satellite Leagues. But this isn't TOTALLY my contest to make that happen.

Why would our "wolfpack" talk about WCOFF's payout percentage? Does anyone here even know what WCOFF pays out as a percentage? You and Lou should join the "pack" rather than constantly act like this site has blue states and red states. You guys have chosen to ostracize yourselves without any help from others.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:48 am

Originally posted by Team Legacy:
So why charge for transactions at all? Is this money that goes directly back to the website that runs it? If so, that's a sweet biz to be in.

I don't understand why even charge for transaction fees if they're not calculated in the payout. Scott, I wish running white-label contests was a sweet biz to be in. There are fewer and fewer companies doing back-end support for fantasy companies these days, as you know well enough from your WCOFF experiences. Allstar Stats used to do that, Fanball used to do that, TQ Stats used to do that. None of them do it anymore. There is too little profit margin involved to make this area of the business worthwhile for the bigger companies.

But yes, a flat fee would work for this contest. I don't disagree at all and you know I'd prefer that if I had the programming paid for through STATS. But unfortunately I don't, so I work with the company that can help me run the contest at all.

Next year, we won't run this contest unless we can do it as you suggest. Fair enough? But then make sure we sell out! ;)

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:50 am

I love it Lance and yes, home field will be a BIG advantage tomorrow. Lambeau Field will be ELECTRIC tomorrow. So if you need help logging into the fantasy911.com site before kickoff, DON'T CALL ME!!! I'll be locked and loaded in Green and Gold!! :D

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:54 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
I love it Lance and yes, home field will be a BIG advantage tomorrow. Lambeau Field will be ELECTRIC tomorrow. So if you need help logging into the fantasy911.com site before kickoff, DON'T CALL ME!!! I'll be locked and loaded in Green and Gold!! :D I've been to Lambeau on opening day before to watch the Pack lose to the Jets and Vinny.

I bet if Brett wins the big one, this is the last game at Lambeau for Brett.
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:13 am

Originally posted by Team Legacy:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
I love it Lance and yes, home field will be a BIG advantage tomorrow. Lambeau Field will be ELECTRIC tomorrow. So if you need help logging into the fantasy911.com site before kickoff, DON'T CALL ME!!! I'll be locked and loaded in Green and Gold!! :D I've been to Lambeau on opening day before to watch the Pack lose to the Jets and Vinny.

I bet if Brett wins the big one, this is the last game at Lambeau for Brett.
[/QUOTE]I'll take you up on that bet Scott. I know it would be the perfect ending for him, but this isn't John Elway limping into the sunset. He WANTS to play next year and maybe longer and is playing well enough that he should return next year. Heck, if they win it all this year with the YOUNGEST team in the NFL, then why not return and do it again? :D