biggest FA bust this year

BLACKHAND

Re: biggest FA bust this year

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:03 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:Frank, I'm saying that this game has become a week-to-week proposition, especially at RB this season with so few you can consistently depend on. So whatever you can do to get a win that week has value. If someone got one elite week out of Andre Brown, for example, and that is the difference between them making the playoffs or missing out then in my opinion clearly the money they spent on him was worth it even if that was the only productive week Brown had the entire season.

if there team was so well drafted and have no injuries the rest of year and they win by one game i guess spending 700-900 was great. i see your point. :roll:
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:07 pm

BLACKHAND wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:Frank, I'm saying that this game has become a week-to-week proposition, especially at RB this season with so few you can consistently depend on. So whatever you can do to get a win that week has value. If someone got one elite week out of Andre Brown, for example, and that is the difference between them making the playoffs or missing out then in my opinion clearly the money they spent on him was worth it even if that was the only productive week Brown had the entire season.

if there team was so well drafted and have no injuries the rest of year and they win by one game i guess spending 700-900 was great. i see your point. :roll:
Frank, something tells me the Brown owners who make the playoffs because of his big week will consider their investment to have been a sound one. We've all played this game long enough to know the margin between good and great is often miniscule. Because of that, if I can get one great week out of a player I'll take that, especially at a position that has so much uncertainty on a weekly basis.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:11 pm

will just have to see how both teams that have brown and make the playoffs do. :mrgreen:

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:16 pm

BLACKHAND wrote:will just have to see how both teams that have brown and make the playoffs do. :mrgreen:
Yup. It'll also be interesting to see the teams that could've gone after Brown and miss out on the playoffs by the number of points Brown put up that week. Cuts both ways. ;)
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:18 pm

What about the Brown owners who DON'T make the playoffs because they couldn't afford to pickup anyone else all year? Two-way street.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:26 pm

Sandman62 wrote:What about the Brown owners who DON'T make the playoffs because they couldn't afford to pickup anyone else all year? Two-way street.
That's the price you pay. I'm not ignoring that. That's the gamble you make with every FAAB investment - how will it impact my ability to acquire players throughout the season?
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:43 pm

two owners have brown on there roster in the top 40 of the classic.

as far as it cuts both ways..... it might be that they spent it wise and did the best they could with the team they have.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:55 pm

jimmy graham..... oh wait , he was a first round pick not a fa bust. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:57 pm

Graham was having a fine season before the ankle injury Sunday night. Let's see if that turns out to be serious or not. If it's not, he'll be studly as usual the rest of the season. I wouldn't worry about Graham at all if he's able to play. :)
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:28 pm

I was shocked to see how much $$$ folks were bidding on Brown. I have a hard time seeing the bust as I didn't see him as a long term solution. He was starting in place of a very productive running back. There is a very talented first round pick also at RB. The guy had been cut 7 times! I would think that whatever anyone got out of this guy was a huge gift! It wasn't like there was any chance of him becoming the guy in NY.

Wayne