GuruReport.com Expert League Draft

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Mon May 22, 2006 11:54 am

Originally posted by acaplan:
I realize they only get .5 but it comes down to who the best player on the board is at that time by my projections that fit the scoring. If it's a RB, WR etc. I don't ever say, I have to have particular position (probably except for the first round). When you have mind set that you have draft a particular way coming in, that's when you miss on players.I think we all understand this and thats why having the mindset of drafting 3 WRs or 2Wr/1RB or 2 RBs/2WR or 3RBs is not a good idea.
Having said that, there are some things that work more than others, In case of FF, certain draft strategies work more often than others. There's a good reason why experienced owners don't draft 3 WRs in a row, even if they may be the best players on their board - because they know this will put them in a disadvantge. Same goes for drafting 3 RBs.
For Players. By Players.

acaplan

Post by acaplan » Mon May 22, 2006 12:16 pm

I think we all understand this and thats why having the mindset of drafting 3 WRs or 2Wr/1RB or 2 RBs/2WR or 3RBs is not a good idea.>
Couldn't disagree more on 2RB/2 WRs with your first four picks. Nothing wrong with that in performance scoring. You would have to define what is a "stud" WR.

Having said that, there are some things that work more than others, In case of FF, certain draft strategies work more often than others. There's a good reason why experienced owners don't draft 3 WRs in a row,>
No offense but I think my wife knows that ;) . It goes without saying. Your RBs then would be skank if you went with three WRs with your first three picks.

There's no way to know who you are drafting with or how sharp the other owners are. There are certain things you can get away with and some things you can't. I also would agree based on simple logic that taking two WRs with your first two picks is probably not going to work based on the type of RBs you would be stuck with as your #1.

[ May 22, 2006, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: acaplan ]
----
Adam Caplan
Editor/Partner
Pro Football News and Injury Report
www.footballinjuries.com

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon May 22, 2006 12:28 pm

Tom, bet Adam now. :D ;)
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Mon May 22, 2006 12:55 pm

Guys, bet each other. Now. :D
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon May 22, 2006 1:04 pm

Originally posted by Nag':
Take a look at 4 years worth of WCOFF league winners and you will rarely come across 3RB/3Round teams. what % of wcoff teams tried 3RB/3Round? what % made the playoffs?
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon May 22, 2006 1:56 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...better question GG: what % of NFFC teams made the playoffs last year with TWO quality RB's (one was Westbrook), had the backup to one of those RB's (Moats) and DROPPED him shortly before making the playoffs only to see his starting RB (Westbrook) go down and out to injury effectively CRUSHING any hopes of cashing out in the NFFC playoffs in 2005?...SNAKE I believe it was Nag who scored more points than you over the 16 week period AND won more $$ than you.

Why you CONTINUE to "tug on Superman's cape" (not just Nag, but others as well) is beyond me! :rolleyes:

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Mon May 22, 2006 2:17 pm

Originally posted by acaplan:
Couldn't disagree more on 2RB/2 WRs with your first four picks. Nothing wrong with that in performance scoring.I didn't imply there was something "wrong" with 2RB/2WR. Didn't you, yourself just say "When you have mind set that you have draft a particular way coming in, that's when you miss on players"? Are you saying this thought does not apply to 2RB/2WR as it would to other combinations?
For Players. By Players.

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Mon May 22, 2006 2:28 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
what % of wcoff teams tried 3RB/3Round? what % made the playoffs? I don't have percentages. All I have is the my 4 season's experience in WCOFF and 1 season in Fantasy Football Masters (same scoring as WCOFF) and what I observed by examining countless drafts and league winners.

No offense to Adam or Tom, I'm sure they know their stuff, but I am quite pleased to see experts defend the 3RB draft strategy in WCOFF. The more people overvalue and reach for RBs in that format, the better it is for me. :D

[ May 22, 2006, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: Nag' ]
For Players. By Players.