Fantasy Football Player Rankings

Old School

Post by Old School » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:36 pm

Emil mentioned to me that no other formats were considered besides main events, so I think it's just a simple formula of league wins and post season finishes. If you see the list, it denotes which players they had info for from the NFFC,FFPC etc. Many players had few of those checked who do play in them.

The WCOFF itself has the strangest rankings that I've seen. They don't make a lot of sense to me.And the formula has never been revealed

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:41 pm

The nffc would be considered had they had the results available. The data wasn't out there for them with the merger with fanball.

Wayne

Old School

Post by Old School » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:51 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
The nffc would be considered had they had the results available. The data wasn't out there for them with the merger with fanball.

Wayne yes, I remember Emil emailing me asking for a way to view my events played with NFFC. They indeed has little or no access

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:37 pm

Once the FPA grows into a site that many fantasy players get plugged into, I wonder if we couldn't give each one a unique identifier, (an ID#) that could be passed back to the contest operators.

We could then request other fields be added to their respective DBs such as entry fee, w/l record, points scored, league finish, playoff finish and money won for each year. Then we could establish a committee of players to determine the best ranking, or we could develop several, one that ranks by $ won, wins, "secret formula", or whatever.

Emil mentioned that one of the major issues was syncing up the data between the sites. Also, it would seem that the sites would need a reason to participate.

Maybe the FPA can bring that result across the industry someday.
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:44 am

Snake, it's obvious many care. Honestly, I believe you do also. That would explain your signature. You're proud of your accomplishments and you should be.

I think if there was a way for the rankings to be put together that would incorporate all the major events and be accurate with a formula in place that made sense, I think we all would benefit.

Anyone who says ego isn't at least part of what drives us in these National High Stakes contests isn't being honest to each other or themselves. If it was only about money, stick to local contests with 100% payouts and crappy competition.

Glenn

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:45 am

Originally posted by GK:
...you REALLY want to know my humble opinion on this entire matter here (not that you're asking), but as long as I win loot in FF W(ho)F('n)C(ares) about this whole ego-stroking, proverbial pat-on-your own-a$$ crap here...thanks much....GK Hmmmm :D

Originally posted by GK:
--------------------
* ONLY Current 2 Time Consecutive NFFC Main Classic League Champion
* Champion of 3 of last 4 NFFC Main Leagues (Classic & Primetime)

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:19 am

Editing your signature can't erase years of message board posts!