Start/Sit Week 4

Raiders

Start/Sit Week 4

Post by Raiders » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:03 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
Here are a couple...

Classic, need 2 RBs from:
Bradshaw, Parker, Washington, LJ. Top two have minor injuries, but Parker doesn't play til Sunday night. We do have Moore tho. Leaning towards Bradshaw and just avoiding the Parker situation and using Washington @NO.

Primetime, need 2 WR and a flex from:
Harvin, Garcon, Bryant Johnson, Crayton, Reggie Bush. Hard to sit Harvin w/ Favre playing at home vs. GB. Johnson getting a lot of targets, but on a much worse team than Garcon (who is developing nice chemistry w/ Manning). Crayton's inconsistent. Leaning towards flexing Bush and starting Harvin/Garcon.

Appreciate thoughts. Thank you.
Mike,

You should be telling us who to play. :D
I would answer, but I'm the worse at WDIS.

Good Luck and keep putting up the points!

John

DOOMSDAY

Start/Sit Week 4

Post by DOOMSDAY » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:59 am

I doubt Bowe is playing this week. I'd use Sims-Walker as the flex here. He looks to be their main WR.

Sandman62

Start/Sit Week 4

Post by Sandman62 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:01 am

Well, I sorta did John, (at least regarding our team). :D I'm probably just looking for confirmation.

Ok, I'll try to help DOOMSDAY out too... I may be entirely FOS tho, but I'll give it a shot. ;)

Here are your WR's targets/recs/yds/TDs and opponents' receiving defensive stats (yds per game/TDs):

Gage: 25/13/142/1 thru 3 gms, 10/4/37/0 last week - JAX: 289/6
Berrian: 17/10/102/0 thru 3 gms, 9/4/56/0 last week - GB: 216/6
Bess: 19/17/140/0 thru 3 gms, 9/7/54/0 last week - BUF: 282/5
Evans: 17/8/88/1 thru 3 gms, 6/4/31/0 last week - MIA: 278/4
Randle El: 19/13/158/0 thru 3 gms, 4/2/21/0 last week - TB: 251/7
Collie: 12/6/66/0 thru 3 gms, 6/3/47/0 last week - SEA: 194/3
Meachem: 5/3/62/1 thru 3 gms, 1/0/0/0 last week - NYJ: 184/1

- Gage is a must start, IMO. Collins favors him and JAX's secondary sucks.
- Bess is catching almost everything thrown his way, but not for a lot of yards. In PPR tho, that's money, IMO.
- Berrian has always seemed like a feast or famine player to me. Every 3rd or 4th game, he might score a long one; but in between,
he tends to lay some single-digit stinkers. With Favre playing GB this week, this could be an upside week for Berrian.
- Evans isn't catching enough balls to start over your other options. BUF's O-line might not help change this anytime soon either.
- Collie is getting almost the same # looks as Garcon but neither's catching a lot. At least Garcon has scored the past 2 games. Collie's their 4th option.
- Meachem is far too inconsistent to time. Ditto for Randle El, who got most of his looks in one game.

I'd go w/ Gage, Bess and Berrian.

Regarding your RBs, I would not suggest playing both Cowboys over Rice. If NE puts up points vs. BAL, Rice should be on the field catching plenty.
Unless Barber practices in full today and/or tomorrow and looks good (and has no further swelling in his quad), I'd play Choice.

Good luck!

bobsgym13

Start/Sit Week 4

Post by bobsgym13 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:06 am

Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
Sims-Walker. Tennessee has given up 100 yards+ and a TD in each game so far to the opposing team's #1 WR. And make no mistake, Holt is NOT the #1 in Jax. Plus, Indy's pass defense is good.

Burleson is on a roll, but this is a matchup choice. I just spent a minute trying to come up with a better argument for why you were wrong but found myself agreeing with you. :eek:

Both should perform well but I'm switching to Sims-Walker.

Bob
Luck in FF is like a game of Russian Roulette. The BWaz's of the world only have one bullet to spin - the rest of us have two. It's still mostly luck, but ...
-By Bob (For Gekko)

Raiders

Start/Sit Week 4

Post by Raiders » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:16 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
Well, I sorta did John, (at least regarding our team). :D I'm probably just looking for confirmation.

Ok, I'll try to help DOOMSDAY out too... I may be entirely FOS tho, but I'll give it a shot. ;)

Here are your WR's targets/recs/yds/TDs and opponents' receiving defensive stats (yds per game/TDs):

Gage: 25/13/142/1 thru 3 gms, 10/4/37/0 last week - JAX: 289/6
Berrian: 17/10/102/0 thru 3 gms, 9/4/56/0 last week - GB: 216/6
Bess: 19/17/140/0 thru 3 gms, 9/7/54/0 last week - BUF: 282/5
Evans: 17/8/88/1 thru 3 gms, 6/4/31/0 last week - MIA: 278/4
Randle El: 19/13/158/0 thru 3 gms, 4/2/21/0 last week - TB: 251/7
Collie: 12/6/66/0 thru 3 gms, 6/3/47/0 last week - SEA: 194/3
Meachem: 5/3/62/1 thru 3 gms, 1/0/0/0 last week - NYJ: 184/1

- Gage is a must start, IMO. Collins favors him and JAX's secondary sucks.
- Bess is catching almost everything thrown his way, but not for a lot of yards. In PPR tho, that's money, IMO.
- Berrian has always seemed like a feast or famine player to me. Every 3rd or 4th game, he might score a long one; but in between,
he tends to lay some single-digit stinkers. With Favre playing GB this week, this could be an upside week for Berrian.
- Evans isn't catching enough balls to start over your other options. BUF's O-line might not help change this anytime soon either.
- Collie is getting almost the same # looks as Garcon but neither's catching a lot. At least Garcon has scored the past 2 games. Collie's their 4th option.
- Meachem is far too inconsistent to time. Ditto for Randle El, who got most of his looks in one game.

I'd go w/ Gage, Bess and Berrian.

Regarding your RBs, I would not suggest playing both Cowboys over Rice. If NE puts up points vs. BAL, Rice should be on the field catching plenty.
Unless Barber practices in full today and/or tomorrow and looks good (and has no further swelling in his quad), I'd play Choice.

Good luck!
Great job Mike,

I'd play Choice. I would as well. That's what made my round 17 pick so easy in are League. I was shocked Choice was still there. This guy as already won me money and both Barber(Sorry Eddie) and The Cat(Good one Steve) get hurt.

I agree with all the guys you said to start, that is not Good. ;)

John

Robert Edwards

Start/Sit Week 4

Post by Robert Edwards » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:46 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by da bears:
quote:Originally posted by Coltsfan:
I have one:

Hester or Garcon?

Wayne Tough one Wayne but I'd go with Hester.
[/QUOTE]As would I. Cutler-to-Hester has looked pretty solid thus far, and is the clear #1. Garcon is the #3 on a better offense, but note that he was targeted as much as the #4 -- could easily see a 3-47-0 this weekend.

Hester is the play.
[/QUOTE]My thoughts exactly.
Wayne Edwards

The "other" Wayne

Robert Edwards

Start/Sit Week 4

Post by Robert Edwards » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:50 am

Originally posted by da bears:
I also have one:

Mario Mannigham or Nate Burelson @ flex? KC has already given up five TD through the air with only one pick through three weeks and averaging only one sack a game. I would go Manningham.
Wayne Edwards

The "other" Wayne

King of Queens

Start/Sit Week 4

Post by King of Queens » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:51 am

Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Eddiejag:
Play them bothThis is likely the correct answer. [/QUOTE]...the 3 WR starters/flex players are; Calvin, Steve Smith (Jints), Braylon & Bowe (maybe)...STILL play BOTH?...hmmm...instead of who?.....thanks much...GK
[/QUOTE]Calvin and Smith I'd definitely start. Bowe likely won't play, so it'll come down to picking 2 out of Edwards, Burleson and Sims-Walker. Braylon should be better with Anderson throwing, but the Browns' offense has looked like a train wreck for over a year now.

Burleson and Sims-Walker seem like your best choices.

Coltsfan

Start/Sit Week 4

Post by Coltsfan » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:53 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Eddiejag:
Play them bothThis is likely the correct answer. [/QUOTE]...the 3 WR starters/flex players are; Calvin, Steve Smith (Jints), Braylon & Bowe (maybe)...STILL play BOTH?...hmmm...instead of who?.....thanks much...GK
[/QUOTE]Calvin and Smith I'd definitely start. Bowe likely won't play, so it'll come down to picking 2 out of Edwards, Burleson and Sims-Walker. Braylon should be better with Anderson throwing, but the Browns' offense has looked like a train wreck for over a year now.

Burleson and Sims-Walker seem like your best choices.
[/QUOTE]I agree completely! Edwards is nothing but a name.

Wayne