magazine leagues

weber7777

magazine leagues

Post by weber7777 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:39 am

- seeing the above post brings back what i thought the situation was also..

- i have to say , my gut is really telling me to be careful on nffc right now.. every year i've never worried about one thing from them financially or otherwise.. but this year. it just seems like things are taking longer, money seems to be a big issue, i don't know.. i hope things change around here soon.. i am starting to lose faith. I hope i am wrong.
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

Sandman62

magazine leagues

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:40 am

Thanks, you saved me the bother of hunting that post down. :D

C'mon guys! With all the missed dates for mock draft room, loaded historical team data, then the buggy initial release of the draft room, now this? If I'm being honest, your company isn't coming off in the best light here guys. :rolleyes: Stand by your promises or risk the consequences of losing customers. This just isn't a matter of a paltry $250; it's PRINCIPLE!

[ August 09, 2010, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

moyer1313

magazine leagues

Post by moyer1313 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:00 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I apologize if I spoke too soon. I realize we've done the leagues for a $500 credit in the past and I based my comment off that assumption. I'm sorry if folks are upset with me for now saying it's $250 but that will be the prize if folks want to play the league out.

Again, please accept my apology. Tom,

I don't believe anyone is unhappy with you or with Greg. If you spoke too soon, it is a small mistake that we have all made before, and your apology is easily accepted.

When Fanball bought the NFFC, it bought it's history and it's traditions.

This is one of the traditions.

If they do not like this tradition, that is fine.

We all knew we might be doing the other drafts for bragging rights, but this just seems like another poor play on their part.

Mark
Follow Me
'07 10-3 127.3 ppg $0 Won
'08 11-2 123.3 ppg $0 Won
'09 2-12 129.5 ppg $0 Won

The only team in NFFC Main Event history to win 11 games and not cash. :(

1683.8 pts. in 2009 is the record for a team with just 2 wins. Old record - 1479.95

Coltsfan

magazine leagues

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:09 am

Tom,

It's not big deal to me at all. I know there have been a LOT of adjustments for you and Greg as well as us in this merger with fanball so it really isn't a problem with me. I think it's a lot of fun being in a magazine draft - especially that early in the year. I even did both of the early magazine drafts this year. Besides, the only person this will affect is me since I'm taking down both of those leagues! :D

Wayne

BillyWaz

magazine leagues

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:02 pm

I'm not worried about Fanball financially AT ALL.

They have the money, and I am 100% sure they will pay out. Now WHEN you get the payout, could be an issue, as it doesn't seem like anyone (besides Greg and Tom and a few select others) are concerned about WHEN things get done.

Like Mark said "when Fanball bought the NFFC, they bought the traditions". Well, the problem as I see it is there is one person who makes all the final decisions in this company, when the guys who know EXACTLY how it should be run (Greg and Tom) have to default to him.

I have bitten my tongue all off season, and will continue to do so, but the "mom and pop store feel" that made the NFFC what it was, seems to be LONG gone.

And that is no slight on Greg and Tom, as they still continue to bend over backwards where they can and jump on EVERY grenade thrown on these boards, but having their expertise in running this event to it's maximum effectiveness is being wasted because it doesn't seem like a Fanball team when ONE person is making all the decisions. :(

Whatever everyone decides about the magazine leagues is fine with me.

[ August 09, 2010, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

RiFF

magazine leagues

Post by RiFF » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:05 pm

Use the $250 to help hire a couple decent programmers to get the draft site usable and working correctly. :rolleyes:

Whether it's played out for $250 or $500; who really gives a crap...but wow...when even small insignificant promises aren't honored....(and the thing that's really scary is that it doesn't surprise me) :(

I really have no interest in playing it out; but if everyone else does, I'll submit a valid lineup every week. (and if I win, I'll forego the credit..Fanball obviously needs it))

weber7777

magazine leagues

Post by weber7777 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:20 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:

They have the money, and I am 100% sure they will pay out. Now WHEN you get the payout, could be an issue, as it doesn't seem like anyone (besides Greg and Tom and a few select others) are concerned about WHEN things get done.

Like Mark said "when Fanball bought the NFFC, they bought the traditions". Well, the problem as I see it is there is one person who makes all the final decisions in this company, when the guys who know EXACTLY how it should be run (Greg and Tom) have to default to him.

I have bitten my tongue all off season, and will continue to do so, but the "mom and pop store feel" that made the NFFC what it was, seems to be LONG gone.

And that is no slight on Greg and Tom, as they still continue to bend over backwards where they can and jump on EVERY grenade thrown on these boards, but having their expertise in running this event to it's maximum effectiveness is being wasted because it doesn't seem like a Fanball team when ONE person is making all the decisions. :(

Whatever everyone decides about the magazine leagues is fine with me. Curious Billy, how can you be 100% sure of whether they will pay out on the leagues ? Unless your the CEO of fanball i don't think you can 100% guarantee anything that they do.

But i do agree that the mom and pop feel is gone.. next year when im able to travel.. it's going to be a tough decision.. but we will see how the season unfolds..
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

williamhare

magazine leagues

Post by williamhare » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:04 pm

I'm in for the Primetime , team #10. Hman

BillyWaz

magazine leagues

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:26 pm

Originally posted by weber:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:

Whatever everyone decides about the magazine leagues is fine with me. Curious Billy, how can you be 100% sure of whether they will pay out on the leagues ? Unless your the CEO of fanball i don't think you can 100% guarantee anything that they do.

But i do agree that the mom and pop feel is gone.. next year when im able to travel.. it's going to be a tough decision.. but we will see how the season unfolds..
[/QUOTE]Well they are owned by Liberty Media, Greg and Tom have too much pride to never pay (I think Greg would dip into his kid's college fund.....honest!) :D

Yes, 100% might of been overboard, as nothing is 100% except death and taxes, but I am VERY confident. :D

Greg Ambrosius

magazine leagues

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:40 pm

Okay guys, this has gone way further than I could have ever imagined. I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier, but I was at my boy's football practice.

This is ALL ON ME. I told Tom today what we were paying for the magazine leagues. If we weren't on the same page, it's ON ME. In years past as editor of Fantasy Sports Magazine, I used the payment for these leagues under my editorial budget because the content was good for the magazine. I don't run that same budget here and told Tom today that of course now that we have the data we can have a prize for the leagues. I was ecstatic that we could load the leagues in and get everyone to play these out.

I never dreamed that me saying $250 per league and paying for this out of my budget would lead to posts of us not paying our NFFC prizes. I mean, I can't even believe what I'm reading, but that's the direction of our boards and I guess I'm to blame for that.

I TOLD TOM THE PRIZES TODAY. Geez, I thought folks would be happy to play the leagues out and I really didn't think this was all about the money. It was content to help our readers and we allowed people to compete in multiple drafts, not because we thought they were after the money but because they wanted to help us with the early drafts.

I TAKE BLAME IF I SCREWED UP. Ryan and nobody else at Fanball was even included in this discussion. I was happy about this, but I guess everyone here thinks I screwed up. If it's my fault and nobody wants to play for this pittance, I'll understand and going forward it's on me to state what these mag leagues are for. I'm sorry for anyone I offended, but just blame me for this. I'm the loser here and nobody else. And no, these savings won't affect your payouts you get in 2010. Geez.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius