Sloppy Seconds

Gordon Gekko

Sloppy Seconds

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:42 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
We wish we had those big numbers, but we'd be happy to fill out our 350 spots and continue growing all of our satellite leagues, auction leagues, Ultimate Leagues and Draft Champions Leagues. And of course, we're pretty successful in baseball. Too bad there wasn't a real 14 team championship league that pitted the NFFC greats vs the WCOFF greats. IMO, that would generate quite a bit on interest... Best of the Best
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Captain Hook

Sloppy Seconds

Post by Captain Hook » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:29 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
We wish we had those big numbers, but we'd be happy to fill out our 350 spots and continue growing all of our satellite leagues, auction leagues, Ultimate Leagues and Draft Champions Leagues. And of course, we're pretty successful in baseball. Too bad there wasn't a real 14 team championship league that pitted the NFFC greats vs the WCOFF greats. IMO, that would generate quite a bit on interest... Best of the Best [/QUOTE]It's never too late - maybe we can set it up for next year :D

Greg Ambrosius

Sloppy Seconds

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:12 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
We wish we had those big numbers, but we'd be happy to fill out our 350 spots and continue growing all of our satellite leagues, auction leagues, Ultimate Leagues and Draft Champions Leagues. And of course, we're pretty successful in baseball. Too bad there wasn't a real 14 team championship league that pitted the NFFC greats vs the WCOFF greats. IMO, that would generate quite a bit on interest... Best of the Best [/QUOTE]It's never too late - maybe we can set it up for next year :D
[/QUOTE]I'm all for it, but I'm not too sure Lenny and Emil would want to give us any publicity from it. We'll be the AFC of Super Bowl III and my guys will be the boisterous Joe Namath! :D Go ahead, Perry, intercede and make it happen!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

TamuScarecrow

Sloppy Seconds

Post by TamuScarecrow » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:40 am

7-on-7 battle royal, team and individual event, just like the NY/CHI Grudge Match, Greg. You and Tom pick our 7, Lenny and Emil pick their 7. Match made in fantasy heaven. :D
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Ted's Cracked Head

Sloppy Seconds

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:16 am

You would have to do one 12 team league and another 14 team league. This way both formats would be In-Play. You take the scores from the 13 WCOFF and 13 NFFC owners and see which group outscored the other in a total points, 17 week season. You could likely make this happen in Vegas on that Tuesday or Wednesday after the NFFC draft. Most of the folks come early or leave late anyway. In one league the WCOFF folks get the "odd" picks and in the other the "even" draft slots. Both leagues would each draft from the frist position.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

TamuScarecrow

Sloppy Seconds

Post by TamuScarecrow » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:28 am

Excellent, TCH. Then the two sides would only have to agree on any mutually chosen players who play in both events.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place

Greg Ambrosius

Sloppy Seconds

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:31 am

Originally posted by Ted's Cracked Head:
You would have to do one 12 team league and another 14 team league. This way both formats would be In-Play. You take the scores from the 13 WCOFF and 13 NFFC owners and see which group outscored the other in a total points, 17 week season. You could likely make this happen in Vegas on that Tuesday or Wednesday after the NFFC draft. Most of the folks come early or leave late anyway. In one league the WCOFF folks get the "odd" picks and in the other the "even" draft slots. Both leagues would each draft from the frist position. Anyone want to try two satellite leagues this year with that format, drafting in August online?? I think I know of at least 13 die-hard NFFC members who I'd put up in this competition. Ted, Perry, et al in the WCOFF, do you want to see if 13 members of that Hall of Fame want to do it? I think it would be great for both contests. Let's get it on and at the very least do it for bragging rights.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Sloppy Seconds

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:39 am

Who's ready to start the NFFC vs. WCOFF Grudge Match thread? We'll host the 14-team online league draft and WCOFF can host the 12-team online league draft. We'll total up the points and it's winner-take-all format from 13 owners on each side. If the owners want to put up some money to participate in this, I'll agree to pay back 100 percent in prizes. This would be worth the price of admission for me.

For those owners who do both and are successful in both, no problem if you wear the other uniform. It would be great fun and nothing but good for both contests. I'm in if everyone agrees to it.

By the way, nice format Rob. Never thought of doing two different leagues and adding up total points. Double the fun.

TamuScarecrow

Sloppy Seconds

Post by TamuScarecrow » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:49 am

Work up price and specs, Greg, as I've got one league left to get in.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place