For those interested in roster expanding

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:42 am

I would be in favor of expanding the rosters to 20 on Week 13 for the playoffs. This has been discussed before and now is as good a time as any to bring it back up again for next year. As for the regular season, 18 is just fine.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:46 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
How long has the roster been set at 18?
If from season one, leave it as is.
A bigger roster does favor the better player.
So it really doesn't matter to me. :D We've always had 18 man rosters in the NFFC.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:48 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
Going forward if it continues, it potentially reduces this game to whoever is lucky regarding injuries, wins.

I hope whomever wins the championship does it with an injury riddled team, so that this doesn't become a headache for the owners. Snake already said the NFFC is 40 percent luck. Now with 20-man rosters, would that get reduced to 35 percent or would it increase the luck factor? I'm having trouble keeping up on all this. ;)
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:01 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
Going forward if it continues, it potentially reduces this game to whoever is lucky regarding injuries, wins.

I hope whomever wins the championship does it with an injury riddled team, so that this doesn't become a headache for the owners. Snake already said the NFFC is 40 percent luck. Now with 20-man rosters, would that get reduced to 35 percent or would it increase the luck factor? I'm having trouble keeping up on all this. ;)
[/QUOTE]Greg, good point! :D

BTW, I just counted games lost due to injury of the top 10 overall. 16 games lost due to injury total between 10 teams.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:06 am

quote:Greg, good point! :D

BTW, I just counted games lost due to injury of the top 10 overall. 16 games lost due to injury total between 10 teams. [/QB][/QUOTE]Not surprising Russ, is it? And that brings us back to the start of this thread: 18 man rosters or 20 man rosters? Would the Top 10 be any different if the NFFC had 20-man rosters? Of course not. You need good health, good fortune, a good draft, good roster management and good matchups. It's all part of the winning recipe.

I'm not trying to make light of this discussion as every year we have this debate and it will heat up again as we get ready for the playoffs, that don't allow free agent pickups. There is some solid reasoning for increasing rosters, but also a lot of reasons for keeping them at 18 players per team.

richieprimo

Post by richieprimo » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:07 am

[/QUOTE]It is by universal misunderstanding that all agree. For if, by ill luck, people understood each other, they would never agree.

Does that clear things up for you, Greg? :D
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:11 am

Originally posted by Primo:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

[/QUOTE]It is by universal misunderstanding that all agree. For if, by ill luck, people understood each other, they would never agree.

Does that clear things up for you, Greg? :D
[/QUOTE]I universally misunderstand Richie. Does that help? :D

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:15 am

quote:Greg, good point! :D

BTW, I just counted games lost due to injury of the top 10 overall. 16 games lost due to injury total between 10 teams.
[/QUOTE]Not surprising Russ, is it? And that brings us back to the start of this thread: 18 man rosters or 20 man rosters? Would the Top 10 be any different if the NFFC had 20-man rosters? Of course not. You need good health, good fortune, a good draft, good roster management and good matchups. It's all part of the winning recipe.

I'm not trying to make light of this discussion as every year we have this debate and it will heat up again as we get ready for the playoffs, that don't allow free agent pickups. There is some solid reasoning for increasing rosters, but also a lot of reasons for keeping them at 18 players per team. [/QB][/QUOTE]My point Greg, is that these top 10 teams also have the luxury of securing the likes of Kenton Keith, Selvin Young, etc. etc.

So, unless they suffer massive injuries like many have, they will be hard to beat. How fun is it to know you can't qualify because you are already behind the 8-ball.

Lack of injuries allows one to hoard top FAAB players. That has everything to do with luck and zero to do with skill...in my best snakespeak...hehehe :D
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:16 am

quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

[/QUOTE]Greg, good point! :D

[/QUOTE]I guess we need to give points out to teams that have injuries so that they do well also. :rolleyes:
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:18 am

Greg is correct. This comes up every year as owners see their teams slowly drift out of contention. It's hard for some to stomach that their season is already over, maybe due to injuries, maybe not.

For all those that are out already or who are frustrated, fantasy baseball season is right around the corner.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?