NINTH ROUND

BillyWaz

NINTH ROUND

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:52 am

Originally posted by bald is beautiful:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Ben Roethlisberger (as my starter) :D Same here. [/QUOTE]Shoot, he went in the ELEVENTH in one NY league! :eek:

KOTRAX

NINTH ROUND

Post by KOTRAX » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:05 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
marc: i think the point is your team would have been better by bypassing bulger in the 4th and selecting your top RB. IN A 14 TEAM LEAGUE WHAT TOP RB IS REALLY GOING TO AVAILABLE IN THE FOURTH THAT WARRANTS ANY MERIT OVER A TOP 5 QB?

King of Queens

NINTH ROUND

Post by King of Queens » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:05 am

Matt Leinart 9.10

Quahogs

NINTH ROUND

Post by Quahogs » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:10 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
I seemed to make a stir this year by backing Bulger up with P.Rivers in the 9th round. I'd like to know who YOU took in the ninth round in your league...I can't honestly compare my picks to the others because Rivers will be on my bench for most of the year, with exception to BYE week and if an injury occurs, but I'd still like to see who people took in their ninth rounds...

Thanks,

Marc Qb's 4 & 9 ?? Lightweight. I drafted 3. Mine were 4, 8, and 12. For sure I'm not the sharpest pencil in the draft room but damn I do have fun! :D

Q

DOOMSDAY

NINTH ROUND

Post by DOOMSDAY » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:35 am

From strictly a fantasy perspective I cannot understand this infatuatiion with Big Ben.

By drafting him as your starting QB you're punching your ticket to the consolation round in my opinion. Unfortunately, that has been my permanent residence so what the hell do I know.

I scoffed at the owner in my local league who took him as their #1 last night, and bet him $100 on the spot that the next 5 QB's drafted would post more points than him. I had more than a belly full of beers at that point, but to my luck the next five went Cutler - Romo - Lienart - Kitna - Hasselbeck. God, what a stupid league that is, only entered becasue from what I had heard it seemed like easy money.

King of Queens

NINTH ROUND

Post by King of Queens » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:39 am

Originally posted by DOOMSDAY:
From strictly a fantasy perspective I cannot understand this infatuatiion with Big Ben.

By drafting him as your starting QB you're punching your ticket to the consolation round in my opinion. Unfortunately, that has been my permanent residence so what the hell do I know.

I scoffed at the owner in my local league who took him as their #1 last night, and bet him $100 on the spot that the next 5 QB's drafted would post more points than him. I had more than a belly full of beers at that point, but to my luck the next five went Cutler - Romo - Lienart - Kitna - Hasselbeck. God, what a stupid league that is, only entered becasue from what I had heard it seemed like easy money. It all depends on where you take Big Ben. As a 9th rounder or backup, he's a nice pick. But ahead of some of those QBs (in particular Romo and Kitna)? Sorry, I don't get that.

Guess that's why I don't play in the Yahoo! leagues anymore...

MGB MARTY

NINTH ROUND

Post by MGB MARTY » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:04 am

Diesel

Had the 10th in NY#2 Also assumed Rudi Got Westbrook Took Bulger in 4th as I think you did As far as Rivers in 9th Probably value wise you did well but to me if you draft an elite QB and I do think Bulger will be the #2 over all QB this year Schedule Offensive Line intact improved weapons thats the reason not too bother with a #2 QB till later As far as my 9th round pick it was Dallas Clark neede a starting TE

Marty

Hard heads

NINTH ROUND

Post by Hard heads » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:25 am

Well then it's a good thing Luck has nothing to do with FF cause if BillyWaz is lucky and you are good then you win right? :rolleyes:

RiFF

NINTH ROUND

Post by RiFF » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:52 am

Rivers is terrific value in the 9th, of course it is somewhat dependent on your needs and what else is available. I selected D Rhodes in the 9th. The other players taken in the 9th, in no particular order, were; Furrey, Wade, C Brown, Pittman, Mason, M jones, Williamson, B Marshall, Vinitieri, Henderson, Horn, Jacoby Jones and A Smith (QB). So, at least, in this draft Rivers would have been a very attractive option in the 9th. He went in the 6th.