Peyton Manning mess

particra

Peyton Manning mess

Post by particra » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:57 am

Apparently, an Indy talk show host says he done for the year.

renman

Peyton Manning mess

Post by renman » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:32 am

Hells,

I saw that report too. That is my point exactly. If that is true (and as of now, it is unsubstantiated and just a tweet from some local reporter) how amazingly dishonest is it that the Colts would create the illusion he is remotely close to playing football again. The report said he had another neck procedure on Sunday. Again, I am not sure I believe that is true since Jim Irsay already said he fully expects Manning to play again THIS year.

But if it is true, that would not have been a decision that they suddenly made on Friday or Saturday. That would have been based on him having no ability to throw a football. Over the last week, the only reports that came out of Indy were "Manning is removed from the PUP list" and "Manning is cleared to practice..."

Why would anyone expect anything other than him being ready to play by opening day and at worst miss one week? The NFL needs to require teams to be more honest about the circumstances of players given how huge a revenue generator fantasy football is in my opinion.

boutrous11

Peyton Manning mess

Post by boutrous11 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:16 pm

what sucks even further is that if the colts lose a bunch of games, say they're 1-6 or something (very possible); they're going to hesitate even more to bring Peyton back too early....