.......... Enough is Enough ....... with the First Round Pick...!

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:17 am

I played in a league where we drew draft spots the night before the draft. Would love to see Greg/Tom/Rocky do it and it would be easy. Get 3 bingo ball dispensers and put in the numbered balls that matches the number of teams in each city. Then Friday night, the leagues and draft spots get drawn with each owner pulling the pin on the ball dispenser for his draft spot and league. Yes, it's still blind luck on who gets what pick but you can't blame anyone but yourself. Pin pulling order determined by when you signed up for the league. Don't know why I got off on this but someone in Chicago told me JJ was complaining about his draft spot again. :D If it makes you feel any better, Johnny, I was 14 in the DC, 14 in the Auction, and 14 in the Main so getting all of those nice draft spots in the satellites came back to haunt me.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

D-Day Heroes

Post by D-Day Heroes » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:08 am

D-Day -- If the #1 pick wins the league anywhere near 20% of the time nobody would ever pay to play fantasy football ever again.

Think about it -- if #1 in NFFC was a 15% chance of winning, that would be twice as likely as the average of all the other picks. I'd be surprised if any pick was more than 10%.

--------------------
Hello. My name is Lee Scoresby. I come from Texas, like flying hot-air balloons, being eaten by talking polar bears and fantasy football.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
______ Lee ____ Your more than right...its probally closer to 2 % _______ Which only reinforces my point MORE..... A Winning Draft takes 18 Rounds ___ Not One....!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower