If you want to sign up for a super slow draft ...

got heeem

Re: If you want to sign up for a super slow draft ...

Post by got heeem » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:02 am

I agree with the frozen clock at night .If you did that it would free the clock to be set at 4hrs not 8 .When people get on and take hours to pick,others guys that are on line waiting get tired of waiting and sign off .Then your waiting on those guys to come back .I do think the shorter clock would help ALOT .

afv

Post by afv » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:17 am

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:This is why I don't play these anymore. When you are courteous and respectful and someone or others aren't giving the draft that respect, then it is painful. There should be a total time bank that doesn't run during certain overnight period. You have two deadlines. One the time limit for that pick. And a total time limit for entire thing that is three times as much.
+1 for time bank

moyer1313

Post by moyer1313 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:05 am

Please, take my opinion with a grain of salt because I haven't done a slow draft here in years for several reasons. Slow/inconsiderate drafters being one of them.

I am all for making things as quick as possible, but stopping the clock doesn't help everyone.

My "night" is from around 7 AM ET to 12 N ET.

Stopping the clock overnight not only doesn't help some people, but actually hurts them.

Mark
Follow Me
'07 10-3 127.3 ppg $0 Won
'08 11-2 123.3 ppg $0 Won
'09 2-12 129.5 ppg $0 Won

The only team in NFFC Main Event history to win 11 games and not cash. :(

1683.8 pts. in 2009 is the record for a team with just 2 wins. Old record - 1479.95

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:53 am

moyer1313 wrote:Please, take my opinion with a grain of salt because I haven't done a slow draft here in years for several reasons. Slow/inconsiderate drafters being one of them.

I am all for making things as quick as possible, but stopping the clock doesn't help everyone.

My "night" is from around 7 AM ET to 12 N ET.

Stopping the clock overnight not only doesn't help some people, but actually hurts them.

Mark
Follow Me
Agree with Mark, with owners in different time zones and different sleep schedules, stopping the clock is a slippery slope.

And for the record, I have decreased the number of slow drafts I have done over the past two seasons because of one to two inconsiderate drafters.
@RedRyder

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:58 pm

I've stayed away from slow drafts for the most part the last couple years. It's a great concept. I just find that I don't have the patience for them. For me, slow drafts are now limited to KJ's MLBC salary drafts (there's no way to handle that format with a fast draft) or dynasty drafts (to allow for trading).

Which brings up another thought. Greg, any chance the NFFC starts offering dynasty leagues? It's my favorite fantasy football format and I think the NFFC would do well with their scoring and 14-team options. Dynasty leagues seem to be exploding everywhere. Just an idea.

eliasond

Post by eliasond » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:27 pm

I support some kind of total time bank option as well.
Daren E
NFFC Charter Member
3-Time Las Vegas Auction League Champion (2004,2009,2015)
2-time Live Las Vegas Classic League Champion

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:00 pm

Glenneration X wrote:I've stayed away from slow drafts for the most part the last couple years. It's a great concept. I just find that I don't have the patience for them. For me, slow drafts are now limited to KJ's MLBC salary drafts (there's no way to handle that format with a fast draft) or dynasty drafts (to allow for trading).

Which brings up another thought. Greg, any chance the NFFC starts offering dynasty leagues? It's my favorite fantasy football format and I think the NFFC would do well with their scoring and 14-team options. Dynasty leagues seem to be exploding everywhere. Just an idea.
Glenn, don't you think you and I have enough leagues already ... and then you just casually throw out the idea of a 14-team dynasty league. :twisted:

While we're discussing ... are there dynasty DC's ??? Is that a thing?

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:31 am

Lots of good ideas here. Personally, I don't have a limit as to how many of these slow drafts I would do in total for the year. I do 2 at a time and when one gets close to being over I sign up for the next available draft that doesn't already have a couple of slow drafters in it. My last 6 or 7 drafts have all gone well and we did finish one in about 10 days total. I will probably only sign up for 1-2 more this year because I'm going out of town the beginning of August and it's very hard to do these while traveling.

It sounds like Greg is willing to put together a slow draft with a variation in the timing for anyone wanting to try it. I'm sure I would jump in. I do like KJ's idea and I think building an expectation that you're supposed to pick as soon as you can is a win win for everyone.

Wayne

Don Draper

Post by Don Draper » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:08 am

so we have folks saying they are not playing these leagues or are limiting their participation due to some inconsiderate owners taking much longer than their peers. the technology is really the limiting factor here. either implement a "time bank" for each owner or implement a "daytime" clock of a couple of hours and then a "nighttime" clock of 8 hours.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:22 am

I had no idea who Don Draper was until about 3 weeks ago. I'm in season 5 of Mad Men now - awesome show!

Wayne