changes for 2015

nails

Re: changes for 2015

Post by nails » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:02 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
nails wrote:my last post on this.. as you can see the FFPC has this rule.. it can definitely be done in these types of leagues with the software. obviously their rules are different, and 6 teams make playoffs but same concept.

"The blind bidding process will be available after the completion of Week 1 and end prior to Week 13 for all teams NOT advancing to the League Playoffs. Teams which ARE advancing to the League Playoffs will have the blind bidding process available to them in Weeks 14, 15 and 16 and will end prior to Week 16. Only the 6 teams which make the League Playoffs in each Live Auction league will be allowed to continue making bids in Week 14, 15 and 16. The two teams which are eliminated in Week 14 of the League Playoffs will no longer be allowed to make bids in Weeks 15 & 16. There will be no free agent pickups after the completion of the FFPC regular season for teams which did not make the League Playoffs. Rosters will be updated with the results of all successful bids after 10:00 PM EST, following the completion of the blind bidding process."
Mike, sure it can be done. But just because someone else does it doesn't mean it's best to do. Again, I have no problem getting feedback from everyone in these leagues and doing what's best for the vast majority of owners. You can see from this thread that some folks don't want FAAB after Week 13, but we can certainly discuss this in each format and make the right call. If folks want this, we'll get it done for the private leagues, but if it's not popular we won't.

I think this suggestion of refreshing FAAB for the remaining playoff teams has more merit than what you originally suggested.

I agree with you 100%.. it's a work in progress sometimes talking it out helps come up w/ a great solution that everyone is happy with! Mike
Bring it on .

nails

Post by nails » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:03 pm

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
HIGH FIVE wrote:what about in playoff weeks teams start with even amt. of FAAB say, zero out everyone and each have 50 per week or a total of 100...to use
I would be more in favor of allowing the four playoff teams equal footing at that point with your idea to reduce luck during this very important part of the contest than carrying FAAB from the regular season. It's a worthy point to the discussion.
If it is determined that extending free agency into the playoffs in the cash leagues is the way to go, I think this type of thing is a good idea. Therefore it would not need to be worried about in the regular season. Everyone knows they have 1k for those 13 weeks. Then a reset goes into effect for the playoffs. I would propose staggering the bidding by total points. For example 1. 200 bucks 2. 150 3. 100 4. 50 Therefore it adds additional importance to the regular season as you get a little more to bid with in the playoff round. The best team being able to get whatever player they want is a nice edge to have in addition to the average score lead, which some don't think is a big enough deal, although that might be more for the overall contests.
good ideas all around.. either way good idea.. thanks for input.. nice to have that from a major competitor such as yourself. have a great offseason.. looking forward to battling with you next season! :) Mike Weber.
Bring it on .

HIGH FIVE

Post by HIGH FIVE » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:10 pm

I agree with leaving things alone ,Was just adding my 2 cents, since there were indications that some were unhappy with current conditions.. Thought at playoff time everyone was set on there team cause anyone left on bidding for FA was a shot in the dark or crap shoot if you prefer..Ending bidding before playoffs, makes people wary of wasting bidding dollars all the more challenging

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:33 pm

I don't care one way or the other either. I was only throwing out suggestions if Greg and Tom opt to change it to free agency. I like the idea of budgeting the 1k for just the first 13 weeks. Then if it resets it makes some sense to give a little more to the better regular season teams. Otherwise if everyone gets the same and it resorts to tiebreaker of worst team in standings winning an obvious all in bid on someone that emerges would end up giving edge to the worst of the four teams.

Another idea that would split the gap between not allowing free agency and allowing it would be everyone gets one dollar. And the top points team on down gets tiebreaker. This would allow each of the four teams just one move to be used how they see fit. Save it for emergency or use it on emerging player. This would eliminate huge complicated bidding process and yet allow for emergency fill in.

nails

Post by nails » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:21 pm

as Kramer said it to Newman.. "you are wise man"...

I agree with any of the changes you proposed..
Bring it on .