Worst team ever

Gordon Gekko

Worst team ever

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:37 pm

Quick rundown...

1 3 Deuce McAllister RB Money in the Bank - chalk. he's my #3 RB after holmes and LT (by a small margin)
2 12 Stephen Davis RB Money in the Bank - don't like him. too old, new OL, doesn't catch passes
3 3 Curtis Martin RB Money in the Bank - pretty good pick. i would have done the same
4 12 Michael Vick QB Money in the Bank - i guess you got the top qb left on your board. from that perspective...mission accomplished
5 3 Brett Favre QB Money in the Bank - WASTED pick, unless injury to #1 QB
6 12 Jeremy Shockey TE Money in the Bank - don't like shockey. i had him at #8 for TE. undraftable
7 3 Keyshawn Johnson WR Money in the Bank - nice value pick.
8 12 Roy Williams WR Money in the Bank - not sure what too make of him. could be alright i guess
9 3 Ike Hilliard WR Money in the Bank - pig
10 12 David Terrell WR Money in the Bank - undraftable
11 3 Tampa Bay Buccaneers DST Money in the Bank - nice value selection
12 12 Antowain Smith RB Money in the Bank - could be a nice one, esp with Brown so injury prone...but will he ever see the field for you with your stable of RB?

[ September 11, 2004, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

nnoy

Worst team ever

Post by nnoy » Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:46 pm

Thanks for the feedback Gordo, I can’t believe you minimized the cheap shots.

You are correct in that A. Smith will hopefully only see my line-up in week 3, but I may use him as flex during McAllister’s bye if D. Patten turns out to be a one game wonder.

I still have the dilemma of what player to waive when Shockey and Longwell have bye weeks.

Gordon Gekko

Worst team ever

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:49 pm

Originally posted by nnoy:
if D. Patten turns out to be a one game wonder. i have patten in a couple leagues. got him real late just like you. :D

[ September 11, 2004, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

nnoy

Worst team ever

Post by nnoy » Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:38 pm

Yep snagged him at the end of the DM league too. Thank you Boston Globe for your 11th hour report that he would be a starter. He wasn’t even on my top-100 RC’s Thursday night, then boom BG report and hello value pick.

TradeStar28

Worst team ever

Post by TradeStar28 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:40 pm

I know I have asked this befoire but still cant find the answer.....

How the heck do we view other leagues in NFFC?

Is it possible at this point in time?/

Thanx to whoever points me in the right direction!
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

richieprimo

Worst team ever

Post by richieprimo » Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:39 am

Yes, I am starting Vick, I put the over/under on his points this week at 30.5. The 49ers are the worst team in football, they will be lucky to win four games.

Of course I’m going to plan on being in the final 32. I’m sure about 200 of us have the sack to make the same proclamation (although the Shipp and Buckhalter owners better not pop off.)

If I come out of the gate 8-0 and am in the top-10 overall I’ll shut my yap (no one likes a sore winner.) But as long as we are in the early weeks I’ll pop off at will, that’s one of the benefits of slapping down a cool $1250, there is a forum for such banter.

If you want to ignore my posts there is an “ignore list” option on the rate member section. Feel free to do so. But you’ll be sure to miss out on numerous colorful exchanges over the course of the season. Ya know, NNOY...I would NEVER put you on my ignore list. This is better than hired entertainment. In a twisted sort of way, I'm actually starting to enjoy your obsessive banter. Now, it COULD be the drugs, but I look forward to your off-the-wall perspective on the fantasy game. I've never competed against "expert" owners, so this is a fantastic learning experience for me. Keep on posting and periodically, between the rigors of what I call a life, I'll step into YOUR world to be edjucated by your vast football acumen. Good luck in the finals and I hope you grabbed Lamont Jordan in the late rounds. By the way, just a gut feeling, Vick over Favre this week is a mistake, but what do I know? I'm the "board retard."
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

richieprimo

Worst team ever

Post by richieprimo » Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:46 am

Originally posted by Liquid:
I know I have asked this befoire but still cant find the answer.....

How the heck do we view other leagues in NFFC?

Is it possible at this point in time?/

Thanx to whoever points me in the right direction! Go to Draft Results and it will have a drop-down to all the leagues and rosters, etc.
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

GriffithVT

Worst team ever

Post by GriffithVT » Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:48 am

Grid,

Very funny stuff. Again review my RB's and you will see I am the actual "board retard". That being said enjoy the games today. I will not be able to view as I am busy making care packages for the homeless and doing yoga.
The Gstar!

nnoy

Worst team ever

Post by nnoy » Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:59 am

Gordo: "10 12 David Terrell WR Money in the Bank - undraftable"

Care to retract that post Gordo?

Gordon Gekko

Worst team ever

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:16 am

Gordo: "10 12 David Terrell WR Money in the Bank - undraftable"

Care to retract that post Gordo? no. he still sucks. sort of like a.sanchez if you know what i mean...

[ September 12, 2004, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]