Javon Walker - knee surgery

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:51 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
F'n GROWN men talking about Snake 1 and Snake 2. WTF is this world coming to. I'm correcting papers and bored shitless..

what's your excuse?
[/QUOTE]i'm trying to find the 2008 version of maroney :D
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:55 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
F'n GROWN men talking about Snake 1 and Snake 2. WTF is this world coming to. I'm correcting papers and bored shitless..

what's your excuse?
[/QUOTE]i'm trying to find the 2008 version of maroney :D
[/QUOTE]Now that's the spirit!

Hmmm.... 2nd year back with a productive rookie season set to falter next year....

Marshawyn Lynch?

Actually, he looks pretty solid this year. I really should watch college football so I would know what these kats were all about.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:59 pm

you know what would be good is for greg to get a video roundtable fantasy football discussion (on draft weekend) amongst some of the NFFC player, and put it up on his website. i for one would like to see how much knowledge some of these folks have when the lights are on :D

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:03 pm

you know what would be good is for greg to get a video roundtable fantasy football discussion (on draft weekend) amongst some of the NFFC player, and put it up on his website. i for one would like to see how much knowledge some of these folks have when the lights are on :D I don't know anything but to draft Willis McGahee and win....Ofcourse this year I skipped over him and lent him to Shrink Attack....How is his team doing ?>

[ October 18, 2007, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: FI$HER ]
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:04 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE II:
"...BULL$HIT!...the writing was NOT on any F'n wall on Javon!...it's easy to state this shitt here in hindsight, isn't it?...but in reality, NOTHING, NOT A THING written (including that lame article from training camp in mid-August) could forsee what hapenned to Javon...in fact, au contraire' as that article in addition to the fact that Javon is in his SECOND year of recovery from his knee surgery would suggest rather strongly that Javon was back stronger than ever when a player who had a major knee injury experiences a mystery knee ailment in preseason, don't draft the SOB. if u didn't know that, please update your best practices.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:06 pm

Originally posted by FI$HER:
I don't know anything but to draft Willis McGahee and win....Ofcourse this year I skipped over him and lent him to Shrink Attack....How is his team doing ?> see what happens when you deviate from a good thing?

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:29 pm

F'n GROWN men talking about Snake 1 and Snake 2. WTF is this world coming to. Personally I don't get involved in this garbage. I only talk about the NFFC...FF.. and the NFL.

God bless em all.....every one.

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:41 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Snake II,

Please tell Snake I that he either needs a hug, or to not hang out with KOTRAX.

That last post... sheez! :D HEY BILLY HOW DID I GET PULLED IN THIS? BESIDES WHAT IS WRONG WITH HANGING OUT WITH ME. :D

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:23 am

It's easy to say now with 20-20 hindsight that Walker was too risky to draft. And to those who avoided him, you definitely made the right call. However, I talked to people out in Denver frequently about him this summer and they all thought he was looking sensational in camp - even after the minor knee issue came up. And then he was an absolute monster in the first two games. Clearly, looking back now that was just false hope but all you can do at the time of your drafts is process the information you have and make your best judgment.

Based on all the info I had gathered, Javon Walker was poised for a huge year. Certainly, the first two games pointed him in that direction.

Injuries happen. It sucks but they happen. Rudi Johnson and Marvin Harrison never get hurt. Well look what's happened to them this season. Andre Johnson's season looks like it will mirror Walker's.

I commend the people who say they thought Walker was too risky and avoided him. But a lot of people - myself included - avoided Randy Moss because his risk factor was so high and that decision clearly hasn't panned out. Sometimes you make the right call and sometimes you don't. In my main league, I made the right call with Adrian Peterson, taking him at least a one round before his ADP said he should go. In four leagues - including all three of the leagues I really care about - I made the wrong call with Javon Walker.

S**t happens. Now it's onto Plan B with the hope that maybe that plan will provide enough production to win.

[ October 19, 2007, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:42 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Snake II,

Please tell Snake I that he either needs a hug, or to not hang out with KOTRAX.

That last post... sheez! :D HEY BILLY HOW DID I GET PULLED IN THIS? BESIDES WHAT IS WRONG WITH HANGING OUT WITH ME. :D
[/QUOTE]It is because Snake was writing in all caps.

No harm intended, just having some fun.