Throwing in the towel

Gordon Gekko

Throwing in the towel

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:16 am

PS - I’m very pleased the nffc has league playoffs and the 10% playoff rule.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

renman

Throwing in the towel

Post by renman » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:27 am

Gekko,

The lottery is totally random. I do not believe you think fantasy football is even when it comes to H2H. The unpredictable nature of H2H fantasy football is an extremely big part of what makes it so popular. Yes, there is luck involved... but remove H2H and you will take away a ton of the energy and zest most feel Sunday afternoon.

Gordon Gekko

Throwing in the towel

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:28 am

Renman – I cannot speak for “most”, although it appears you can!?!?! LOL!!

Listen, you or others may like H2H, but that doesn’t mean I do. Some people like inferior formats due to the “energy and zest” it provides on a Sunday afternoon. IMO people who like that are generally inferior players, but in a game like fantasy football inferior players can and do succeed with great frequency.

renman

Throwing in the towel

Post by renman » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:42 am

Gekko,

I can speak for most, and so can you because common sense and the obvious fantasy football growth over the last decade tells us the masses are having "fun" in H2H fantasy football.

Having said that... I do not have to speak for most as in another thread poster after poster came on here and said without H2H fantasy football would be way less exciting and interesting.

Maybe my post confused you. I do not PERSONALLY like H2H. I simply understand it is a necessary part of the game/event to keep it popular. I joined a total points league this year to enjoy a league without H2H. Many of the posters who came out in support of keeping a H2H element to this were definately not inferior players.

Gordon Gekko

Throwing in the towel

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:50 am

Originally posted by Renman:
Gekko,

I can speak for most, and so can you because common sense and the obvious fantasy football growth over the last decade tells us the masses are having "fun" in H2H fantasy football.
Would you agree that people are having fun playing the lottery due to it's growth?

pizzatyme

Throwing in the towel

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:53 am

In the NFFC, there is a team at 5-3 with 993 points (222nd overall)and a team at 3-5 with 1156 points (45th overall).

There stands a chance of the team with more points not making the playoff round and the team in 222nd making it on record.

That, to me, looks like a fair amount of luck involved, be it good or bad.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Gordon Gekko

Throwing in the towel

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:57 am

The less skill required, the more popular a game is.

Case in point…from least skill to most and from most popular to least…
Lottery
Fantasy football and poker
Fantasy baseball

Gordon Gekko

Throwing in the towel

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:00 am

Originally posted by Just Russ:
In the NFFC, there is a team at 5-3 with 993 points (222nd overall)and a team at 3-5 with 1156 points (45th overall).

There stands a chance of the team with more points not making the playoff round and the team in 222nd making it on record.

That, to me, looks like a fair amount of luck involved, be it good or bad. russ dropp'n some knowledge on us!!! good show!

at least those stats you supplied, provides most players with "energy and zest" on Sunday afternoons ;)

mikeybok

Throwing in the towel

Post by mikeybok » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:03 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Renman:
Gekko,

Would you agree that people are having fun playing the lottery due to it's growth?
[/QUOTE]GG ... You are running in quick sand here. Good news is ... everyone else got what your trying to say ... three posts ago. ;)

BTW .... Your point is right also.
Hakuna Matata!

mikeybok

Throwing in the towel

Post by mikeybok » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:05 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
The less skill required, the more popular a game is.

Case in point…from least skill to most and from most popular to least…

Who wants to be a millionaire? (don't even need to know how to scratch a ticket off :D )
Lottery
Fantasy football and poker
Fantasy baseball altered your post

[ November 03, 2008, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Ugly Yellow Tomatoes ]
Hakuna Matata!